Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio problem in flash

Options
  • 09-06-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭

In the great tradition of "no idea where to ask this so it's going here", here's an interesting problem for anyone that might have any good ideas.

I found recently that flash was picking up my sound card as a microphone, or at least as an audio source, which meant that I could stream audio from whatever I was playing instead of using a mic (which I don't have) to talk to someone. Anyway, I foolishly installed Live messenger (I give you free reign to put the boot in here, I allowed myself to be worn down by one of those people who thinks msn = Teh intarwebs), which seems to have buggered up my ability to stream audio in flash.
    After much head scratching and unsinstalling of stuff, I have sort of got it up and running again by changing the recording source in Volume control to stereo mix, but the quality is appaling and there's a shedload of static. Anybody got any ideas on what's going wrong here?

Advertisement