Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G iPhone Thread - [sourcing Qs / news about 3G iPhone here *ONLY* !!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Cause of that fact you can only get it on o2!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

don't imagine this will stop people from unlocking and using them on another network...hmm wonder will it support the Three network now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh but other mobile operators have exclusive phones.

eg, meteor with n95

http://www.meteor.ie/personal/phones/details/id=52.html

only available on bill pay.

dmn wrote: »
    don't imagine this will stop people from unlocking and using them on another network...hmm wonder will it support the Three network now? :)
    Oh I know that..but just putting it out there! Won't get all the full services on other networks though will it?!
    Cremo wrote:

eg, meteor with n95

Didn't Vodafone have that as well?!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

White and Black for 16G you get a choice check the apple.com/ie store its updated already.

I'll be selling my 2G iPhone in a few months after the wife brings me back the new 3G iphone from America.

I'm sure the developers of the pwned tool will have the 2.0 firmware unlocked within a few days of its release.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Ireland one of the countries confirmed for July 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't think so, again from engaget.com:

from macrumors

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/06/09/apple-announces-iphone-3g/
    Pricing and Availability
    The iPhone 3G will be available July 11th in 22 countries for $199 for 8 GB and $299 for 16 GB. The 16 GB model also comes in white. Apple has posted details on their website, but it is currently overwhelmed.

Cremo wrote: »

eg, meteor with n95

the nokia n95 8GB is available on vodafone, o2, three and meteor.
    maybe they mean exclusive to bill pay, and not available on pay as you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cremo wrote: »
    16 gig will also have a black backing you have a choice i assume.

i really dislike everyone factoring in the cost of the contract into the price of the phone.

other companies do this do, why is it that apple get the flak for it only?

Because Apple take a slice of your Mobile Phone Bill......02 were the only company to agree to this...it's a word first, you better pray nokia don't start the same crap...

Vodafone along with a few others told Apple to get stuffed and rightly so, call costs are expensive enough without apple taking a slice as well.......

02 would have you believe they won the contract when infact the other networks weren't about to hand over there revenue to Apple....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

That equates to around €127 for the 8GB model which will have a black backing
    and €191 for the 16GB model which will have a white backing.

I can guarantee that will not be the price.

Apple has always nearly always used a one euro =one dollar when pricing in these matters. Remember that the 199 and 299 dollar prices don't included any tax. I can say with some amount of certainty that they will be 199 euro and 299 euro over here. The we have the crappy contract froms O2 that really are not value for money on the texts, minutes, and the data that they give you. Hopefully O2 will improve the package but I fear it will get worse because they think they can charge more because its 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Written by a blogger trying to keep up with Steve on stage. Do you really think they'll convert 199dollars into each of the currencies in which the phone is released?
    Engadget are saying the same thing. It'd be nice :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Irish store confirms you can get 16GB in black or white:

iPhone is available in 8GB (black) and 16GB (black or white) models.

Wont MMS be able to be introduced with a 3rd party app?

EDIT: It will be 199 and 299 here and o2 will prob f*ck around with there contracts making them even less appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Delighted to hear this, will be getting one next month I think. Would like a better camera though, something more in line with what the N95 offers

Hopefully O2 will improve the package but I fear it will get worse because they think they can charge more because its 3G.

i can really see this happening :(
    but that would be a bit of a patting their own back for it as if they developed it and should now reap the awards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Anyone know what the camera MP will be on the 3G iPhone? Any improvement?

i'm guessing the camera MP won't be changing, otherwise I'm sure they would have announced it. Bit disappointing to have the same camera specs though.especially in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Fungus wrote: »
    Anyone know what the camera MP will be on the 3G iPhone? Any improvement?

Same camera

Did the old Iphone have bluetooth?

As it is listed as a spec on the Iphone 3G page as a data transfer spec. Is this new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    As quoted from engadget "The price is a maximum of $199 all around the world -- we're really, really excited about the new iPhone 3G. And as you might expect, we have a new ad! I'd love to show it to you."

I assumed by maximum Jobs meant that the price of the phone will equate $199 in whatever country its sold in. Hopefully anyway!

Well hopefully but I really really doubt it. Even is they do we still have our 21% to be added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Did the old Iphone have bluetooth?

As it is listed as a spec on the Iphone 3G page as a data transfer spec. Is this new?

Yes it did and it looks to be crippled - to headset pairing only - once more.

apple have just updated the iphone page of their site and it now includes the new advert too:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/gallery/ads/hallway/

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Any update on MMS ? is it going to be included in the new 2.0 upgrade?

there has been no word on it. I don't really understand why they havent launched this ages ago, cant see it being a huge thing to develop. And where's O2 with visual voicemail? GRRR

neonman wrote: »
    Any update on MMS ? is it going to be included in the new 2.0 upgrade?

No mention of it during the conference, I imagine more news regarding that will come to light over the next few days. I think the problem is don't think MMS is a big thing in the states. Hopefully someone can bring it with a third party app if apple haven't.

• Advertisement

Love the ad,lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement