Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tue 10th June 20:30 Columbas College -v-The full irish

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Carl - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan -No

Michael -Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon - Yep

Cathal - No
    Colm - No
    Gav - Yes
    Sav - Yes

Kenny - No
    Lepo - Yep
    Jules – No
    Shay - Yes
    Art - Yes
    Keith -
    Eddie(Nunu) - Suspended
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes
    Owen - No

Plus

Mario

Two of Gav's mates

That's 13

I've sent Geoff your number Iain, he said he'll see what he can do.

Best I can do I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Lost 2-1 . Shít result, and frustrating because we had the majority of possession in the game. I dont know where it went wrong. Giving long balls maybe instead of short 5 yard passes (I was guilty of this too). I thought we lost midfield bigtime for some reason. Karl played excellent yet again, kept 2 certain goals out. I think its getting to be a cliche at this point but we deserved at least the draw based on possesion alone. Just lacked the killer touch up front.
    We had some great passing spells midway through the 2nd half that were unlucky not to lead to goals. Who's up next? Let's win this next f*cking game and get some pride back into our season.

On a side note, very pleased to be back playing. Finally got some good fitness back and was able to run for the whole game without tiring. Onwards and upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh **** result. I was guilty of some poor passing all through the match. Think that killed us. Other than that, lack of any sort of shape was the main thing that effected our performance. Mario was playing solo and we were just all over the shop at times. Depressing **** at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Our woeful form continues. We just don't look like a team recently, no shape, no composure, choose your cliche.

• Advertisement

I'd have a different interpretation of the game Shay.

I thought we dominated posession in the midfield, they never pressured us there, and they were all about the long ball.

I think what happened was that our passing wasn't too good on the ground, fellas got frustrated and started trying something else. The frustration stems from people not being used to each others game, imo.

Once we started to press them in their own half, it paid off and chances came.

Pretty much sums it up.

Savman wrote: »
    We just don't look like a team recently.

That's because we aren't.:(

Yeh it's frustrating stuff. The **** results kill of interest as well. Plus we're missing four or five of our best players. Fair play to Michael tonight, thought he had a superb game there for us. Sav upfront did well with what little service we gave him. Ugh, poxy result

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Ah feck Ted.

Getting one point from 6 against that shower is hard to stomach. And unfortunately it sounds like the same old cliches alright, but there's no denying the significant changes in availability every week have to be a major factor. So all that can be done is to keep on at it and keep trying to make the right decisions - this sounds like yet another game where a result wouldn't have flattered us. If we were getting played off the park every week then yeh I can understand heads dropping. But even with about 8 players missing we're still always there or there abouts, so it's only a click away from coming together....how sweet it'd be for next week against SS Rovers to be the game it starts clicking. Heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Timmah!

You lost to 10 men.....

Another kick in the bollix so.

Timmah! wrote: »
    You lost to 10 men.....
    You play for full irish yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

You lost to 10 men.....

well take a look at our squad list and ul see we were missing 9 men and another 3 lads played with injuries. theres a difference between a good loser and a bad winner, maybe learn how to be both?

anyway, what was the team last night lads? im missing one more match and thats it, i should be back. i hope to get a good run as so far, since december, the most games i have played is 2 in a row, have only played 4. ive missed far too many games this season for my liking and i apologise to the team for that. i intend playing all of the remianing games, bar one game, which ill be on holidays for, but thats not for another month.

and im gutted missing ss rovers next week, i have missed every game that we have played them this year, im dyin to mark that Johnny lad, he is due a kicking!!!!

Yeah I'm from the Full Irish, it was a mere statement, not a dig. You should spot when a team is missing players though.

Yeah I'm from the Full Irish, it was a mere statement, not a dig. You should spot when a team is missing players though.

So what exactly is your point? You came on here to gloat, as evidenced by your first post "you were beaten by 10 men"
    You've done your job, now f*ck off

Er lads, relax ffs.

My point is we had 10 men and not one person on your team spotted that....seems a bit of an oversight. You can take it anyway you choose.

My point is we had 10 men and not one person on your team spotted that....seems a bit of an oversight. You can take it anyway you choose.

Are you still here? :rolleyes:

The next person to post an inflamatory comment, gets banned.

• Advertisement

And when ye only escaped defeat against us in the first game through a lucky penalty you had 11 men. So what?

Jaysus lads you're all a bit touchy...the 2 games have been played in a good spirit, there's been no animosity and you seem like a decent bunch mostly. Life goes on...

Jaysus lads you're all a bit touchy...the 2 games have been played in a good spirit, there's been no animosity and you seem like a decent bunch mostly. Life goes on...

Yeah, well said.

I hope we get to play you again sometime.

Lads, cop the fúck on will you?

Jesus Christ, stop being so girly. It wasn't an U11 Camogie match ffs.

No need to overreact lads, sheesh. The fact we were beaten by 10 men doesn't change anything, and if we had've known before the game, would it had made any positive difference? Doubt it.

We were beaten because we were rubbish, I don't think "Timmah" came looking to rub salt in the wounds but maybe he doesn't realise that we're not on a great run atm when expectations were fairly high coming into the season and in reality we've beaten ourselves most of the time so we're frustrated and a bit touchy.
    well take a look at our squad list and ul see we were missing 9 men and another 3 lads played with injuries. theres a difference between a good loser and a bad winner, maybe learn how to be both?
    No disrespect Ed, but you weren't even there man, why are ye gettin worked up over something you've no control over? Anyone who played will know how totally out of sorts we were, and if we can't take outside criticisms or views, which are just statements of truth, then we won't progress as a team. And if it's something as childish as bragging rights, well we don't have any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gordo31

Howya Lads,

I am from the Full Irish aswell and I just want to say there is no bad blood from our team, as Timmah stated. We have had two great games, regardless of result, I thought they were played with a great spirit and we all left with no hard feelings on Tuesday. I would hope that would continues if we ever get to play again. Who cares who won or lost at the end of the day, I know it is a competitive league but it is only a kickabout really.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and see ya all soon.

Gordo.
    Full Irish.

Gordo31 wrote: »
    Howya Lads,

I am from the Full Irish aswell and I just want to say there is no bad blood from our team, as Timmah stated. We have had two great games, regardless of result, I thought they were played with a great spirit and we all left with no hard feelings on Tuesday. I would hope that would continues if we ever get to play again. Who cares who won or lost at the end of the day, I know it is a competitive league but it is only a kickabout really.

Gordo.
    Full Irish.

Fair play Gordo, all the best for the rest of the season.
    I think it was the manner in which timmah came on and simply posted "you were beaten by 10 men" with nothing else added that riled people up, but no hard feelings.
    Good game, and hopefully we meet again for revenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Gordo31 wrote: »
    Howya Lads,

Gordo.
    Full Irish.

cheers.

i have a slight suspicion however that you maybe timmah in disguise :)

des, check his IP address!!!

Advertisement