Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery in South Dublin/North Wicklow

Options
  • 09-06-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I will be need livery in September for a very hardy cob who is living out at present.

Like to trek/hack out.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MARLEO

I know of a small friendly yard near Kilternan / Enniskerry, they do grazing, DIY & Full Livery. The yard has good facilities and the surrounding roads are very quiet for hacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Horse Lover

Hi I am also looking for DIY Livery in South Dublin/Wicklow could you PM me the details thanks

Hi the yard is on the way to Glencullen from Kilternan. Its on the same road as Killegar Stables. The girl who runs the DIY is called Shona. I think the charge for DIY including haylage / hay, turnout Monday to saturday is €75. They have a sand arena. Yard is lovely!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 norre

Hi can you PM me the name and contact details please as I would be very interested too. Thanks!

Hi Olga runs the full livery in yard and Shona runs DIY and grazing. I dont know Olga's no. Shona's is <mod edit>

Marleo

Keep the phone numbers to pms please

Fits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mbrasil

hi marleo, could you provide me the contacts of this livery?tks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I know this is a bit off topic but I am in a yard up near there so if any of you guys would like to go hacking let me know!

Back on topic, I am in another yard quite near there and they have just gotten another space recently so drop me a pm and I'll pass you on the details.

Its full livery and a wonderful yard, olympic sized floodlit sand arena, horse walker, and horses are fed, turned out during the day and brought in at night. I'd really reccommend it as my horse is as happy as can be there, and all the other owners in the ward are fantastic. Also they give lessons at the yard too which I would really endorse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kittycat23

Hi, can you please give me some more information on this yard. the cost etc, I am looking into buying my own horse soon and would like some recommendations on a good livery yard... thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 35 J1

Hi - I have found a new livery yard that opens in a couple fo weeks in Enniskerry. It has indoor stables, a sand arena, lots of hacking and set on 50 acres. I think the rates are 140 a week for full livery. I can pm people contact details as I have a flyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PennyJenny

hi i just joined this fourm today after seeing your post. I'm afraid i can't help you with your question as i have the same problem, kind of. I have just bought a 5 year old Arab mare and am looking for livery in the South Dublin/Wicklow area. However, i also need the yard to have someone who can help re-school her, she was broken as a 3 yr old but has been out in a field since. If anyone can help me i would be very grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Can you pm me the details J1, where did you pick up the flyer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Ring around livery yards in your area most should have staff who can school your mare but at a cost I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alicek

Hi J1, Just wondering what yard is opening in Enniskerry? and whats it like? and how much is livery there? Thanks a mil

Hi alicek its listed in the contacts post for riding schools and livery yards. no;

mod edit : please do not post phone numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 35 J1

The Livery Yard and is new and will be opening soon. I had a look at it and it is a lovely location surrounded by fields. I think the quote was 140 for a horse and 130 for a pony. I'll pm you the number I have for the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tirchonaill77

I count myself so luck in the yard where I keep my horse. I pay 50 per week for full livery in donegal. Jockey rides my horse twice a week while I am not there, she has daily turnout and is very well looked after. There is access to the beach which is a 5 minute ride away, some great treks, arena, and very friendly staff. I wouldnt be able to afford to keep my lovely horse if I had to pay Dublin prices

That is absolutely fascinating I am looking into livery inthe Dublin area and find 145 to 155 average for yards worth their salt. Frankly I don't think its over priced. In an effort to research the cost of DIY I found costs high. 15/20 euro weekly in concentrates and 10 plus in haylage. Then about 25/30 in bedding. Maybe costs are much lower in the West but if it were here I'd be panicked as to how anyone could give me quality feedstuffs and time at that cost.

Thats costs of 60 and I'm told each horse must carry insurance paid for by the yard on each horse they care for. I've said this before somewhere but honestly if you add well maintained stables and high levels of grassland management plus man hours its not overpriced.

The yrad I'm considering is 150 and I feel its well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Saphie

meljets wrote: »
    I will be need livery in September for a very hardy cob who is living out at present.

Like to trek/hack out.

Any ideas?

Try Peggy McMullen <snip> Super location Roundwood, arenas lessons and loads of good rough land to hack

OP, please PM saphie for the contact details of the person.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Saphie wrote: »
    Try loads of good rough land to hack

I'm a little confused by that description of the land. What do you mean by 'good' and 'rough'?

convert wrote: »
    I'm a little confused by that description of the land. What do you mean by 'good' and 'rough'?
    Hi sorry for vagueness land was a christmas tree farm being reclaimed and made into pastures, I'll post the address onto the livery yard forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

So does that mean that the land is no longer rough and that it's suitable to ride on without fear of horses stumbling, getting hurt, etc.? Or is it still like trekking through a forestry/wooded area?

Yes the lands are good and safe for hacking now, though it's best to visit and see for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 coolwater

Can anyone help..

We are looking to buy a shetland pony for our little girl who is horse mad. She wont be able to ride for another couple of yrs so we are looking for somewhere that would be able to accomodate us at a reasonable cost.. pony wouldnt need to be exercised , the pony would really just be a pet..

Anyone know of anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I think you may be better off going to a Riding School where it will work out cheaper and you won't be stuck with an unwanted animal if your daughter should lose interest (it happens).

Its not just the livery and price of the animal but also the maintenance that adds up in terms of time and money. Farrier, vet, injections, passport etc

Pony may end up very bored having nothing to do and this could lead to destructive behaviour or complete apathy. Shetlands are designed to live in a very wet, wind battered place where they have to forage for the right food. Because of this their waist line requires very careful management or pony could end with an extremely painful yet wholy preventable condition known as Laminitus. The human equivilant of this is when your fingernail is being slowly prised off and your body weight must be carried by these four nails/hooves.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I'm in a fabulous yard just outside Arklow, couldn't compliment it enough, quite reasonable at €110 pw for full livery, with daily turnout and a walker for the bad weather days.

pm if you want info.

Yard in Enniskerry does full for 128 weekly but does grass too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

God I wish it wasn't so expensive. My friend gets full livery with horse put in pasture with other horses for 50 euro a month... I seen the yard and its gorgeous really friendly people own it...

Just one problem she lives in belgium.

Im looking for livery in the North Kildare/Dublin are can anyone pm me with numbers and prices too per month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rooktee

MARLEO wrote: »
    Hi the yard is on the way to Glencullen from Kilternan. Its on the same road as Killegar Stables. The girl who runs the DIY is called Shona. I think the charge for DIY including haylage / hay, turnout Monday to saturday is €75. They have a sand arena. Yard is lovely!:)
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rooktee

I am looking for livery for my horse i need to be able to gallop close to the yard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mbrasil

The Coolmine Equestrian Centre in Saggart.
    Definitely a place to consider
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement