Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TF2: Revenge of the Fallen - OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD!

Options
  • 08-06-2008 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Transformers 2: revenge of the fallen, is apperently the new name for the movie.

anyone else think its a bit cheesy. dont get me wrong, transformers in 2007 was one of my favourite films ever and i cant wait for number 2, just think the name is a bit ehh....

Comments

Crap name. Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's actually Revenge of the Fallen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

At least they've said it's a self contained film and won't just be a set up for a 3rd film.

Already started shooting too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's actually Revenge of the Fallen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/

At least they've said it's a self contained film and won't just be a set up for a 3rd film.

Already started shooting too.

Looks like Jazz will be rising from the grave so... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

SDooM wrote: »
    Looks like Jazz will be rising from the grave so... :)

RUMORED.
    They better not bring him back. Much as I liked Jazz if he's dead he should stay dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

hopefully the opening scene is starscream crashing... then we just have a film all about starscream getting revenge... or something :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

RUMORED.
    They better not bring him back. Much as I liked Jazz if he's dead he should stay dead.

but but but they need a black robot to have the deceptacons kill, you cant kill white soldier robots that would be bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Galvasean wrote: »
    RUMORED.

I disagree. I mean, why, normally, is it a bad idea to undo a Death? Because it weakens the impact deaths have.

However, Jazz's death was so poorly written and conceived and so little weight was attached to it that it not only was fairly meaningless in of itself, it cheapens every other death by giving the impression that this is how they're treated.

Death for Transformers has never been a truly final thing. Because of the existence of the Spark, it's hard to count them out. Plus, since when does tearing a TF in two destroy it? They're robots, they're somewhat modular or else they wouldn't be able to transform so easily to begin with.

They have a Maguffin in the the Allspark shard and they could actually use the death to explore Transformer "Life".

Don't rule out resurrections just for the sake of it. It's a popular thing to look at them as bad writing, but very few things are inherently bad writing, it's the actual writing of how it handles that decides that, not the concept.

Don't rule out resurrections just for the sake of it. It's a popular thing to look at them as bad writing, but very few things are inherently bad writing, it's the actual writing of how it handles that decides that, not the concept.

I get where you're coming from but I still don't see the need.
    If the Transformers are to be accepted as living characters by audiences the whole 'lets just glue him back together like Ultra Magnus (however they decide to go about it)' would be a bad angle. They'd just seem like machines that can be rebuilt, not living creatures.
    In any case killing off a character, only for him to be revived in the next installment of the franchise has become so cliché and overused these days. It seems to happen in practically every sci-fi series now. Even if they come up with a reasonable and clever way to do it in Transformers 2 it will still come across as a massive kop-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

If the Transformers are to be accepted as living characters by audiences the whole 'lets just glue him back together like Ultra Magnus (however they decide to go about it)' would be a bad angle. They'd just seem like machines that can be rebuilt, not living creatures.

But they already ruined that by shrugging off his death. They ARE machines, and if anything, they need to drive in the point more. Their bodies can be fixed and rebuilt. They're robots.
    In any case killing off a character, only for him to be revived in the next installment of the franchise has become so cliché and overused these days.

Killing off characters for shock value is just as cliché.

But they already ruined that by shrugging off his death. They ARE machines, and if anything, they need to drive in the point more. Their bodies can be fixed and rebuilt. They're robots.
    LIVING machines. There is no comparison in real life (yet). W'ell just have to see how this situation pans out re: Jazz. Don't get too hopeful about IMDb mentioning Jazz. It's a wiki after all.

Killing off characters for shock value is just as cliché.

I wouldn't call that shock value. I'd call it an attempt to make the battle more believable. It wouldn't seem all to realistic if the Decepticon forces, bred for the purpose of war couldn't manage one kill between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

can i just make the argument that the resurrection of Jazz would be a bad idea because he sucked as a character in the first film (for all 3 lines), and only with some truely gifted writing would he not suck in the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

Crap name. Where did you see that?

yeah just go to imdb.com and type transformers 2

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    can i just make the argument that the resurrection of Jazz would be a bad idea because he sucked as a character in the first film (for all 3 lines), and only with some truely gifted writing would he not suck in the sequel.

Old school fans might get a kick out of seeing Jazz back. I'm sure everyone else would wonder why they bothered. Not worth the pay off if you ask me. Maybe later a more well developed character might be killed and the impact would be significantly lessened, "Ah sure they can just fix him like they did that other guy".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I dont swallow the whole jazz will be back theory. Revenge of Fallen is more likely in reference to the Decepticons. The Jazz of the movie was a boring character best suited to 1980's kids movies. Didnt like him.

Soundwave has been confirmed to make an appearance according to producers.
    Still no confirmation on Dinobots or Constructicons.

A Calls sheet was leaked and there was mention of "arcee motorcycles" on it. Read into that what you want!

faceman wrote: »
    Soundwave has been confirmed to make an appearance according to producers.
    Still no confirmation on Dinobots or Constructicons.

soundwave would be a quality addition to transformers 2

Rumour Control:

- Soundwave has NOT been confirmed. The producers in question said they would consider including him after a favorite character poll was taken.

- The Pontiac Solstice car has been spotted on the set of TF2. This could mean Jazz is back or it could be a coincidence.
    or it could be Stepper :P

- Bay has stated many times that there will be no 'dinosaur robots'.

- When asked about the Constructicons Bay recently said on his website "Maybe in TF3"

- Jetfire is strongly rumored to be in TF2 as a blackbird plane and curiously
    as a Decepticon. Which makes sense considering he started out that way in the 80s cartoon and comics

- Word on the street is Arcee will be appearing as a motorcycle
    complete with a leather clad holomater bodacious babe to ride her

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rumour Control:

- Soundwave has NOT been confirmed. The producers in question said they would consider including him after a favorite character poll was taken.

- The Pontiac Solstice car has been spotted on the set of TF2. This could mean Jazz is back or it could be a coincidence.
    or it could be Stepper :P

- Bay has stated many times that there will be no 'dinosaur robots'.

- When asked about the Constructicons Bay recently said on his website "Maybe in TF3"

as a Decepticon. Which makes sense considering he started out that way in the 80s cartoon and comics

no Dinobots? £$%^ Bay.

Well he said 'no dinosaur robots'. There could be a 'Dinobot' character, just not with the recognized alt mode. All speculation BTW

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sorry dude, rumour control part 2... ;) see below
    Rumour Control:

he has, i will root the link and post it
    wrote:

there was a reference to Jetfire on one of the call sheets
    wrote:

Its just a rumour. However the leaked call sheet referenced "Arcee Motorcycles". What that means is anyone's guess although it is known that Arcee was dropped from the first films TF line up in pre production.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

More Hot Rod please.

• Advertisement

he has, i will root the link and post it

Please do

Please do

Oops sorry forgot about this, i will post it later on.

Cool! Soundwave AND possibly Ravage. I wonder what sort of take they'll put on him/them. This could be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Its just a rumour. However the leaked call sheet referenced "Arcee Motorcycles". What that means is anyone's guess although it is known that Arcee was dropped from the first films TF line up in pre production.

Someone on donmurphy.net asked Bob Orci about her- think he indicated that she's in but has undergone a redesign from the version put forward for the first film and later adapted to the toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i ****ing HATE arcee. how the hell do we end up with a fembot possibly getting in but next to no chance of grimlock? FFS his relationship with prime is the closest the bots have to a megs screamer dynamic.

in regards to the jazz thing theres a pic out there of a silver car that looks like an evolved version of jazz which'd suit him being brought back by prime and that splinter of the allspark. i know some have been saying thats a bad idea but it was a crap death that had no gravity to it and if they actually use his comeback as a character peice it could be a very good thing. think prime getting told off by humans (either sam or some political/military type) over humans getting killed permanently left right and center but TFs getting ressurrected when ever they want.

you could set it up as a moral quandry for prime. i.e destroy the splinter or eventually destroy the earth.

ok thats a bit contrived but it shows that resurrecting jazz doesnt have to be naff.

any news on when were getting a trailer ?

Recent interview with producer Bob Orci and he confirmed there will be no Dinobots in the new movie. He didnt again speak of Soundwave though (who he already confirmed) but wouldnt confirm what he would transform into.

He also said Megatron coming back from the dead would be 'silly'. Although he said it kind of tongue-in-cheek which makes you wonder what he's up to...

He also said Megatron coming back from the dead would be 'silly'. Although he said it kind of tongue-in-cheek which makes you wonder what he's up to...

I reckon he was hinting at megatron redux or galvatron or something.

• Advertisement

i wasnt familiar with the cartoon series or anything, but my cousin told me that hasbro (the company associated with transformers) made a toy or a character called the fallen..... so it made me think if the name is revenge of the fallen, then maybe this transformer (a decepticon) will be the main one with megatron dead......... also bringing megatron back would be wrong in my eyes simply because his body was in bits and dumped in the ocean

Advertisement