Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting....

Options
  • 05-06-2008 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

How does everyone find the commuting in and out of port oh and also for those of you who use the train how reliable or unreliable is it??? I may have to use the train from now on into the city centre (groan groan groan!)]
    Apparently theres like 3 trains between 7 and 8.30 and none until 10.30 is that right???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

These are all the times!

I used to find it alright,a lot of them managed to find themselves nearly always late during the Winter on the very cold mornings,the 7:24 could be 10-15 minutes late some mornings,and the 9:44 was always 10 minutes late,I never once got it on time all year,and there was some mornings were it wsa over half an hour late!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I find it fine!!! The train is always packed in the evening tho....

Steve_o wrote: »
    I find it fine!!! The train is always packed in the evening tho....
    coughbiascough....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Ruby, Have you looked at getting a coach/bus in as another option? I see JJ Kavanagh and Silver Dawn buses picking up outside the Weighbridge every morning and I know they have various pick up points in Port ~ they seem to be more reliable than the trains and are probably just as quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Ruby-J wrote: »
    How does everyone find the commuting in and out of port oh and also for those of you who use the train how reliable or unreliable is it??? I may have to use the train from now on into the city centre (groan groan groan!)]
    Apparently theres like 3 trains between 7 and 8.30 and none until 10.30 is that right???

I know you r pain ruby, i got promoted (way hey), but it means spending a few weeks up in dublin for work (damn damn damn damn damn) - Sorry original Dubs, but i just cant stand the place!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    coughbiascough....:p

I have to put on a good face for the company... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Ruby, Have you looked at getting a coach/bus in as another option? I see JJ Kavanagh and Silver Dawn buses picking up outside the Weighbridge every morning and I know they have various pick up points in Port ~ they seem to be more reliable than the trains and are probably just as quick!

oh really? il look into that. the only thing is the traffic at red cow could delay the bus...and im gonna be heading into stephens green! :confused:

kmart6 wrote: »
    These are all the times!

I used to find it alright,a lot of them managed to find themselves nearly always late during the Winter on the very cold mornings,the 7:24 could be 10-15 minutes late some mornings,and the 9:44 was always 10 minutes late,I never once got it on time all year,and there was some mornings were it wsa over half an hour late!

unfortunately that link didnt work kmart.

Try this one.... Train Times

Steve_o wrote: »
    Try this one.... Train Times

nope nadda!!! lol

• Advertisement

Damn... go to www.cie.ie and click on the option on the Left of the screen for Iarnród Éireann. Thats what that link was supposed to be!!!

lol no worries! i went onto irishrail there and printed off the timetable! cheers though for your help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

They use bus lanes and hard shoulders all the way babes so it's actually not so bad. Might be worth trying once anyway...

They use bus lanes and hard shoulders all the way babes so it's actually not so bad. Might be worth trying once anyway...

ah yeh il give it a try and see. no harm! thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

I commute from Portlaoise to Sallins. Do you know how many trains I get a day?

5!!!!!

Train from portlaoise to kildare,switch from sallins.
    Train from sallins to newbridge,newbridge to kildare,kildare to portlaoise..

What can ya do!

LeahBaby wrote: »
    I commute from Portlaoise to Sallins. Do you know how many trains I get a day?

5!!!!!

Train from portlaoise to kildare,switch from sallins.
    Train from sallins to newbridge,newbridge to kildare,kildare to portlaoise..

What can ya do!

That can't be fun... Funny thing is, it'd probably be quicker to go Portlaoise - Heuston, Heuston - Sallins....

Yeah I'd say so but then I wouldn't be able to complain so much!!

Smoking about 20 cigs a day while I wait... Will be giving irish rail my lung cancer bill:)

Yeah I'd say so but then I wouldn't be able to complain so much!!

Smoking about 20 cigs a day while I wait... Will be giving irish rail my lung cancer bill:)

Ha...:D, just once it doesnt end up on my desk i don't mind!!

jeez leah rather you then me!!! you poor thing! 5 trains!!! holy mother of mercy!

Poor me ruby?? My poor boyfriend has to listen to me!!!

poor guy works on the site we live on(AND has a car!!)...has it so hard doesn't he

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,406 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i spent 5 years communting to dublin from port for college....

i will never step foot on a train again!!!

oh so your one of those steve?

take a memo.... Thomas is the only train i like :D

Poor me ruby?? My poor boyfriend has to listen to me!!!

poor guy works on the site we live on(AND has a car!!)...has it so hard doesn't he

Sheesh!!! Men have it so easy!!!

why dont you just drive his car then????

cough..cause it's too big...cough..and i have terrible spacial awareness..

But fantastic driving sunglasses :(

ah i c i c. lol ah sure the glasses make up for it!!!

They sure do...

They're my train glasses now...

ah i gots to get myself a pair of them! as i will prob be needing a pair soon!

Don't know why that link ain't workin:confused:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I've been commuting for four years so far. I despise it, its usually packed and frequently late. Also theres nowhere near enough trains. I'd view commuting from Port to Dublin as a last resort, unfortunately I've two more years of it ahead of me!

• Advertisement

I've been commuting for four years so far. I despise it, its usually packed and frequently late. Also theres nowhere near enough trains. I'd view commuting from Port to Dublin as a last resort, unfortunately I've two more years of it ahead of me!
    But you always look so happy everytime I see you on the train,lol!

Advertisement