Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper I

Options
  • 05-06-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

Weh-hey how did everyone do?

I did ordinary level - half disappointed I never kept doing the honours this year, a foundation paper would have been harder. I was out the door in about 3/4's of a hour. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭echoindia756

Yea, I couldn't get over how hard it was, last years was easier. You know the one on the concentrated juice, how did u do that one? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

It was easyy :D

the jusice one 19:1 20 parts divide 500 by 20 and thats 25ml each part of 19:1 = 25ml

part too same thing but with suge adn its 30ml..

part 3 added both of them together and you get 28:2 or 14:1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Lorthas

I think that paper 1 was pretty much as hard as the other years, only one i didn't get was the area of the inner section of the graph, i still have no idea how to do it

• Advertisement

I'm not completely sure about the method, but i messed around with some equations and got 2650.980312

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

pp_me129 wrote: »

Thats wrong .. different volumes... sorry :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

Yeh i got a much different answer for the volumes one......lik 149:16 or sumtin lik that......dunno if i'm rite.....any1 else get sumtin lik that?????

Overall it was soooo much easier i think that previous years.....the first 3 questions took me half and hour......nd i even got to triple check the whole exam and still get out early!!!!!!:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ordinary maths seemed super-easy, made me feel good at maths for once :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

i got something like 149:16 aswell.

i'm pretty sure thats right

shantow wrote: »
    i got something like 149:16 aswell.

i'm pretty sure thats right

Brilliant!!!!!!!!! Youve made me day cuz no one else in my class got that!!!!!

you have to get the volume of ml in both and add the similiar ones together,
    and break it down!

how many marks would you say were going for that?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

I found it tough, but by no means impossible. my graph was an epic failure, after that it was just little bits and pieces. I needed an extra booklet for it!

shantow wrote: »
    you have to get the volume of ml in both and add the similiar ones together,
    and break it down!

how many marks would you say were going for that?:pac:

most b questions are about 20 marks....but because it was the difficult part of the question......it might be worth 10 maximum

the graph was easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I found it really easy, i totally messed up the last question though, it was tricky! When i did my graph table and i was multiplying out -x2 by the xterms and i got HUGE numbers up to like 200 so i copped on i was wrong and did it right! Nearly started crying i didnt know what id done :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

aine92 wrote: »
    I found it really easy, i totally messed up the last question though, it was tricky! When i did my graph table and i was multiplying out -x2 by the xterms and i got HUGE numbers up to like 200 so i copped on i was wrong and did it right! Nearly started crying i didnt know what id done :eek::eek:

Same...except I didnt have time to rectiify it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

I didnt do q 6 at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

Thought Maths Paper 1 was very easy, apart from the Loan Repayment Question

The answer I got for the ratio question was 149:11 and I'm almost sure that is correct

Here is how I did it

Ratio = (475ml + 270ml) : (25ml + 30)
    Ratio = 745 : 55 (divide by 5)
    Ratio = 149 : 11

That's it!

jc2008 wrote: »
    Thought Maths Paper 1 was very easy, apart from the Loan Repayment Question

The answer I got for the ratio question was 149:11 and I'm almost sure that is correct

Here is how I did it

Ratio = (475ml + 270ml) : (25ml + 30)
    Ratio = 745 : 55 (divide by 5)
    Ratio = 149 : 11

That's it!

Thats exactly the same answer that i got, I hope its right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 winner92

I messed up graph on Q6 i read it as as x2 (squared) rather than -x2. do you think that i will lose many marks?

Does anyone have sum sorted of soloution to the last part of 1(c)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

pp_me129 wrote: »

the jusice one 19:1 20 parts divide 500 by 20 and thats 25ml each part of 19:1 = 25ml

part too same thing but with suge adn its 30ml..

woo exactly what i did!
    just hope i did it right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Reckle

i thought my whole exam went grand :D
    just had no idea on the loan repayment those sort of questions arent my strong point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Lorthas wrote: »
    Thats exactly the same answer that i got, I hope its right

I got that answer aswell:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ClaireTheGreat

Well I dunno really what to think of that paper (Maths Higher Level). There were some questions such as the one on rounding to the nearest hundred that I felt were insulting to ones intelligence...I mean seriously adding on a higher level paper?? Although that was easy I think the rest of the paper was quite challenging. The second part of question one (c) completely confused me and to be honest I only figured out the answer by complete fluke in the last five seconds of the paper. I'd say that that will probably be one of the worst answered q's of the paper. The problem leading to a quadratic equation was alright though not that challenging. Oh for the one about the concentration of the juices did anyone get the ratio of like 149:11??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 winner92

Oh for the one about the concentration of the juices did anyone get the ratio of like 149:11??confused.gif

Yes I got that too!!!:D:D:p

Advertisement