Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know its a bit late...

Options
  • 04-06-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I know its a bit late and a bit of an annoying question but do you think if i have Plath, Boland and Riche covered il be ok...

Please no smart comments on how I should have studied..I know that already:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Boland and Rich should have you covered, Im only studying Mahon and Rich. Little too much estrogen in your choice of poets for my liking....are you perhaps a man hating lesbian...? Or just terribly boring? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,930 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im out of the loop but who's Riche?

You're virtually guaranteed to get a female poet to come up, though. Thats been consistent for over a decade. It almost seems like a deliberate cop-out for students that aren't big into poetry.

Its always a gamble though. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 allthatjazz

BJC wrote: »
    Boland and Rich should have you covered, Im only studying Mahon and Rich. Little too much estrogen in your choice of poets for my liking....are you perhaps a man hating lesbian...? Or just terribly boring? :p

:eek: No no... I'm just terribly lazy....

also i am not a lesbian, might i add...:D

just kinda liked Plath seems as she stuck her head in an oven and all..what a way to go:D

Overheal wrote: »
    Im out of the loop but who's Riche?

You're virtually guaranteed to get a female poet to come up, though. Thats been consistent for over a decade. It almost seems like a deliberate cop-out for students that aren't big into poetry.

Its always a gamble though. Good luck with it.

Adrienne Rich...sexist lesbian. Unless you were just being ironic in your slagging of the incorrect spelling of her name...:p

Yeah she always got respect from me for that.

But seriously my dirty little secret was I only studied the 2 female poets in 06'... and they both came up :D

but no. study 3. or more.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Yeah she always got respect from me for that.

But seriously my dirty little secret was I only studied the 2 female poets in 06'... and they both came up :D

but no. study 3. or more.

He says 15 hours before the exam, where were you when I decided to study two...eh!?!?!? =P

God damn it anyway. im seriously banking on boland rich or plath...hopefully one will come up. Damn me and my estrogen ways...

God damn it anyway. im seriously banking on boland rich or plath...hopefully one will come up. Damn me and my estrogen ways...

Don't worry about it, Boland, Rich, Mahon and either Larkin or Donne are coming up.

A little Birdy told me ;)

what the "leak" in athlone? :D

what the "leak" in athlone? :D

Hah, no it's not from there :p

• Advertisement

Your Teacher's predictions??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Brave going for all female

He says 15 hours before the exam, where were you when I decided to study two...eh!?!?!? =P

probably sitting my college Year-2 exams or on a plane heading back stateside, eating the Beef-Meal with a glass of cold milk :D

Your Teacher's predictions??
    Well you've hardly been at it the whole day but I wouldn't study her if I were you. My advice based on more than one institute English teacher and more than one english paper examiner (for about 6 years) is:

Boland
    Rich
    Mahon
    Donne or Larkin (not sure)

It's obviously not Gospel but if you kow three out of those four you're totally set. I know only two of them and I'm quietly confident.*

*From one of the other LC Threads.

Yes, I do realise that now..feck it in anyway.Might go do a quick job on Mahon now

*From one of the other LC Threads.

Nice one! ;)

Also in Theme and issue in the comparitive to you only talk about one thing such as, father son relationships...or ae you meant to discuss more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I'd say plath won't come up since she came up last year.

And in 06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

Well, being boring is a tad bit better than being a sexist homophobe.

And so what if Rich's attitudes to men are ambiguous? Women have had to deal with sexism for centuries. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Pretty sure a female poet will come up, seeing as there are 3 this year. I only studied them 3 too...eek!

Advertisement