Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I'm glad that's not my Mercedes...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

Thats what TPFT insurance is for. The owner would probably only eligible for a claim only if the car was torched.

Insurance companies seem to be able to hike premiums after a theft (even though the insured did nothing "wrong"), so its not a pain free experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

nmacc wrote: »
    Aftermath of the Bank Holiday Weekend, this morning in Brendan Road, Dublin 4

2548375686_215878ba05.jpg

was told about this but nowhere as bad as ringsend... on your average weekend you get 8 stolen cars, 19 break in's, 4 house thefts and a stabbing.... So much for Dublin 4 being posh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anan1 wrote: »
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer car.
    Nice to finally see Mercedes ML off road.

I don't understand why people find the need to post things like this... if it was your cars I'm sure you'd be p!ssed off to see comments like these!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I don't me to sound like an arse but i have just bought alloys, worth around 500 quid and the first thing i bought for them was lock nuts, defo worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I think if this happened to my car I would actually cry like a little child. Keep an eye out in buy and sell etc. to see if they turn up but usually these guys have more advanced sales routes for their stolen gear.

You cant have anything nice in this country for long, caught a old tramp spitting up a lung full of blood stained goz on my car window the other night at 2 am after trying all the doors first. I saw the red mist, had to be calmed down. Only imagine if my alloys were stolen......

P.S. Locking nuts arnt worth a damn to a determined theif.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

steve06 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people find the need to post things like this... if it was your cars I'm sure you'd be p!ssed off to see comments like these!

Begrudgers who would never be able to afford such a nice car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

DonJose wrote: »

No, think it's more "I'm glad that's not my Mercedes, because if it was I'd have turned into a Mommy-jeep driving tw@t, and my alloys would be gone, too".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

DonJose wrote: »

Yawn, yes Don that's it. I would love to own that cleverly conceived, innovative, practical and well built vehicle.

Zube wrote: »
    Mommy-jeep driving tw@t
    so what do you drive then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

I drive a 6-year-old Renault Kangoo Kar which is probably worth less than the missing alloys on that ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I can see where this is going

Seriously though, if you own a jeep its because you like driving off road or just knowing you can, being able to tow a trailer etc.
    If you own a sports car then obviously you like driving fast or knowing you can.
    There is only one reason for buying a 4x4 that everybody knows has no offroading capabilities and no towbar and thats the pointy triangle on the bonnet! prove me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Lads, I think the owner of the car has suffered enough and doesn't need an internet bashing served on top of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

nmacc wrote: »

He found it effective to leave an electric fence transformer behind the driver's seat wired to the door handles. It worked quite well at discouraging handle-tryers.

I did that years ago!!! when i was a 12, I had a Nissan Bluebird as a stock car for racing around the fields. I used to leave it in the farmyard at night but every morning the cows would damage it while being brought in for milking.

my solution? a 12 electric fence unit wired to the car battery, the positive outlet terminal wired to the car body, it worked very effectivly!!!

often thought about doing it to a road car, but the thoughts of getting sued...... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm sure the person who owned the car was gutted when they seen the wheels had been stolen. What really makes the blood boil is to think of the scumbags who stole them and how they are probably walking around, rubbing their hands with glee that they stole them.

If only the scumbags wheels were stolen for a change...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No, think it's more "I'm glad that's not my Mercedes, because if it was I'd have turned into a Mommy-jeep driving tw@t, and my alloys would be gone, too".
    Very good.:)

I drive a 6-year-old Renault Kangoo Kar which is probably worth less than the missing alloys on that ML.
    so someone has a car that's worth a hell of a lot more than yours so you come on and call them a tw@t without knowing them.... yep begrudgery at it's finest!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

IN the last month alone I Have seen 2 Avensis', New Audi TT and a 07 Landcruiser with their alloys gone. All on my road in Clontarf. Really sickens me.

One of the Avensis' was outside my house, cant believe I didnt hear them, being a light sleeper and all. How do they do it so quick. Glad i have a garage.
    These scumbags should be tortured to death (and Id be happy to do it)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

steve06 wrote: »
    so someone has a car that's worth a hell of a lot more than yours so you come on and call them a tw@t without knowing them.... yep begrudgery at it's finest!
    The value of the car is irrelevant, steve06.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Never really thought this kinda stuff goes on anymore?

I wouldnt be a happy bunny if they took the wheels of my 12 year old Toyota or my 106.

Thing about it is somone has had property stolen on them, i for one wouldnt wish that on anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

peasant wrote: »
    Lads, I think the owner of the car has suffered enough

No.

Max_Damage wrote: »
    No.

Would you care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

arrright ...enough SUV bashing for one thread.

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement