Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Essays, writing "off the cuff"????

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

My essay for the pre was "The meaning of Gretenss". Two thirds of my answer was based on history. Its not as if it has to be a historical question, just a question where you can support your points by reference to the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

how can you predict what essay you're going to write when you don't know what the topics & essay titles are going to be?

Did you not get the memo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Memo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

turgon wrote: »
    Memo?
    Whoooooooooosh..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ha ha nicely done.

He was on about being able to relate your essay to the question which is not always a easy thing and if your good at english its better to write it ''off the cuff''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

ok not sure whats going on. is there memo?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Im going to do my usual satire on a personal essay. Done it all year and got A's mostly. If you're good at satire,the examiners lap it up. Shows interest in the subject,the ability to twist things around and a good use of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Im going to do my usual satire on a personal essay. Done it all year and got A's mostly. If you're good at satire,the examiners lap it up. Shows interest in the subject,the ability to twist things around and a good use of humour.

Yep, I'm similar in this regard.

And no folks, there was no memo!

Or was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

ok good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kathy_x_x

I'm just gonna make it up when I go in..

we were advised to do the one with the most defined task,audience and style!!

good luck!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement