Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbital

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Used to have a few of their gigs from the point on tape. Remember listening to them before Music class Leaving cert year in school with a few of the lads. Turned a fair few of the school music snobs on to them. Id love to have those sets now. Remember one had a strange edit of a Belinda Carlyle song.

Yeah that was a mix of Heaven is a Place on Earth. I seen them in the Point in either 94 or 95, they were on with Carl Cox and boy do they put on a show, brilliant it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

JCarey70 wrote: »
    May I have my opinion back please? Jeese... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was referring to the break mate, not the build up. And just because you don't hear genius doesn't mean its not genius. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder etc. There are plenty of tracks that some people really like that I just don't get but I don't tell them that their opinion of the track is not right. If they hear something they really like then I leave them alone to like it. I love this track and I still think its genius. If you don't agree then fine, but don't tell me its not genius when to me it is. Thanks...

fair enough mate - check out Bonavox on lower henry street, perfect for your ears :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Sacred_git wrote: »
    fair enough mate - check out Bonavox on lower henry street, perfect for your ears :)

Bigotry will get you nowhere mate. Plus I noticed that you didn't actually put up any examples of what you regard as genius on this thread yet. By all means indulge us. This I gotta hear...

Another piece of genius from Orbital..

Orbital - Chimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYoAGxI8zs

Love the way Joey Beltram samples it and loops it for the break in his track Subsonic Trance @ 1:46... Genius... ;)

Joey Beltram - Subsonic Trance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEX_aNA3-gE&feature

Bigotry will get you nowhere mate. Plus I noticed that you didn't actually put up any examples of what you regard as genius on this thread yet. By all means indulge us. This I gotta hear...

genius electronic music???? ---> heres one that immediately comes to mind, now this is just exceptional!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fmo1Sjn7dg

chime is a good track, you are learning, been to bonavox today ha

• Advertisement

genius electronic music???? ---> heres one that immediately comes to mind, now this is just exceptional!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fmo1Sjn7dg

chime is a good track, you are learning, been to bonavox today ha

WOW!! Bigotry and dyslexia. You're a man of many talents. This is the 'Orbital' thread mate, Aphex (as good as that track is although not one of his best IMO) doesn't belong in here unless the track can be linked to Orbital in some way. Can it?

Re the Bonavox thing, starting to sound old, any new material?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

apparently orbital might be playing at this: http://www.fairyhillfestival.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

xdeletiax wrote: »
    apparently orbital might be playing at this: http://www.fairyhillfestival.com/

nothing on that website saying they will where did you hear this?

I'm there if they do anyway...

theyv been dropping hints on their facebook and mentioned it on irishclubbing.ie

WOW!! Bigotry and dyslexia. You're a man of many talents. This is the 'Orbital' thread mate, Aphex (as good as that track is although not one of his best IMO) doesn't belong in here unless the track can be linked to Orbital in some way. Can it?

Re the Bonavox thing, starting to sound old, any new material?

course its linked to Orbital, his showing them how it should be done :)

out there somewhere, in sides, the box are far better tracks than the ones you posted, probably their best work. Don't get me wrong mate, i like orbital a lot, i just disagree with your opinions, i'm just trying to enlighten you:cool:

• Advertisement

course its linked to Orbital, his showing them how it should be done :)

out there somewhere, in sides, the box are far better tracks than the ones you posted, probably their best work. Don't get me wrong mate, i like orbital a lot, i just disagree with your opinions, i'm just trying to enlighten you:cool:

Well then while I'm waiting on you to enlighten me let me educate you.

All you had to do was post the tracks you think are better than the ones I posted and fill me in on why you think so. Instead you took the knob jockey route of putting my opinion down to make yourself look good without even posting a track selection. That's not how its done mate. Read the charter:

"Genral Rule of Thumb
    .... Respect other posters. If you disagree with a post, attack the post not the poster. "

And the best way to attack my posts in this thread would have been to go one better than me with your Orbital track selection instead of acting like a knob and attacking me and my opinion. This thread actually started off with the track I bumped it with. I also big'd up 'Belfast' and 'Chimes' which you also disagree with. So I can only conclude that your not really in here for the music but to troll. But by all means, please enlighten me with the better Orbital tracks and why you think so, I will be the first one to admit that I am not above enlightening, I welcome it with open arms.

Well then while I'm waiting on you to enlighten me let me educate you.

All you had to do was post the tracks you think are better than the ones I posted and fill me in on why you think so. Instead you took the knob jockey route of putting my opinion down to make yourself look good without even posting a track selection. That's not how its done mate. Read the charter:

"Genral Rule of Thumb
    .... Respect other posters. If you disagree with a post, attack the post not the poster. "

And the best way to attack my posts in this thread would have been to go one better than me with your Orbital track selection instead of acting like a knob and attacking me and my opinion. This thread actually started off with the track I bumped it with. I also big'd up 'Belfast' and 'Chimes' which you also disagree with. So I can only conclude that your not really in here for the music but to troll. But by all means, please enlighten me with the better Orbital tracks and why you think so, I will be the first one to admit that I am not above enlightening, I welcome it with open arms.
    wow your quite insane eh and a stickler for rules, being a dj from Finglas, how times are a changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

wow your quite insane eh and a stickler for rules, being a dj from Finglas, how times are a changing!

In fairness you are being a bit of a spoon about it, hes only asking you to tell him waht you think is great from them & not to rubbish anyone elses taste, but sure your entitled to that stance if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

loved these guys since seeing them close Féile 95. The Box EP is an excellent one for the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭francois

loved these guys since seeing them close Féile 95. The Box EP is an excellent one for the collection.

That was some gig, the dance tent was aslo great Clarke Garnier and the chemicals stormed the place

Jesus, 1995, not sure which venue it was now but it was either sides or the waterfronts imminent closure meant it was hard going for mme to be got outside of dublin for even 1 weekend!!!

Francois, enlighten me as to when the waterfront closed please for my own records?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

In fairness you are being a bit of a spoon about it, hes only asking you to tell him waht you think is great from them & not to rubbish anyone elses taste, but sure your entitled to that stance if you want.

Hey Key and J, don't even bother replying to that Troll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭francois

Jesus, 1995, not sure which venue it was now but it was either sides or the waterfronts imminent closure meant it was hard going for mme to be got outside of dublin for even 1 weekend!!!

Francois, enlighten me as to when the waterfront closed please for my own records?

The UFO/alien/unknown pleasures nights finished in '96, power FM ran some stuff till 97 but closed then

francois wrote: »
    The UFO/alien/unknown pleasures nights finished in '96, power FM ran some stuff till 97 but closed then

Ah no, i know for sure i didnt keep on going there till 97, the buzz was amazing in the place when it was in mid life & you & timmy had the place bursting at the seams.

I said it before, one of the best raves ever in dublin to this day. Without a doubt in the top 5, first two for sure, last three in contention with each other for position,

1. ASYLUM,
    2. SIDES,

?. WATERFRONT,
    ?. OLYMPIC,
    ?. ORMOND.

Hey Key and J, don't even bother replying to that Troll :D

The troll is getting ignored as of now. If he snaps out of it I'll un-ignore him but he appears to have a child's mind so I won't hold me breath... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Advertisement