Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting aegs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Oh an excuse to buy a toy winchester :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

Never saw the point in putting camo pattern's on rifle's. Most people seem to believe that anything that's not in a camo pattern look's like a supernova out in the field. If you think it absolutely necessary to camo your AEG you can alway's just get some camo netting for the stock and foregrip. Remember, camo is about disrupting pattern archetype's not dressing in a tree costume. But then whatever float's your leaky boat.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

True, but if truth be told, most people do it because they just like the look of it. It's the same as bolting a flashlight and scope onto your rifle, technically you don't need them, but they enhance the look in your eyes and make it that bit more personalised.
    Cars don't need to be available in different colours, but people like to be different and chose a colour scheme they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

But I find that very often the black shine of an aeg is often a give away when people are trying to hide. I was spotted and hit last Saterday because of my gun shine. So a dull green with the odd dark pattern does the job in my opinion. I also just think painted guns look cool :D
    I was using netting while sniping and kept getting caught up in thorn bushes so half the woods was moving as I was sneaking around the place

Yeah i get what your sayin about people liking it for the aesthetic. Although i prefer my gun to look mean, which is why i love Kalashnikov's. They look like they could kill you even if they weren't loaded hehehe. However camoing up my AEG would pretty much be a waste of time considerin i like to move in close to my enemies anyway.
    If you are planning on painting your AEG i would definitely second the idea of buying a cheap toy to practice on. It could save you some tears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It suits some guns more than others. I'd never even consider doing a paint job on an AK. I've seen some and it ruins the look of it to an extent. Makes them look less raw.
    I find it does suit armalites and, to an extent, g36's. It looks dodgy on MP5's most of the time. Some people are talented enough with a can of paint to make them work on anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

A.T.F_Kris

im looking for some opinions "please"
    Just finished my L96 in my variation of digital camo :) ..
    this is my first atempt at digital camo
    and im just wondering if i should put some more green/brown on or should i just leave it as is .

Thanks

Kristov wrote: »
    A.T.F_Kris

and im just wondering if i should put some more green/brown on or should i just leave it as is .

Thanks

Looks class as it is for a digicam paintjob in its own right.

The only reason I'd add more green and brown is to match Irish foliage more.

That could ruin it though.

Digital camo was never my bag personally, but from a technical point of view the paint job is very well done.

thanks lads

ill leave it as it is .

didnt realy fancy taping it all up again and drawing all those squares another two times :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

A.T.F_Kris

Thanks

great paint job it must have took a long time to do!

lads im paiting my M14 and wondering what would look better.......

using leaves to get the pattern cam pattern or doing stripe like pattern?

thanks

I love the leaves style ones, combine it with some stripes too, go mad sure :D

Motosam wrote: »
    I love the leaves style ones, combine it with some stripes too, go mad sure :D

i prefere the leave too. i was on my way to work this morning looking at everyones bushes to see which leave to rob:D

i painted my m14 in woodland type camo it looks ok and its easy to do .
    i rekon theres a fair bit of work involved doing the leaf camo i was going to try it on the L96 but the digital attempt won ...

it took almost two days to paint it wait for it to dry then mask it all over and draw lotsa lil squares cut them out paint it and wait again then do it all over again for third colour ......

glad i left out the black .........hmmmmm " light bulb lights over my head" thats whats missing more tape please and some matt black ..........stat "what ever that means" :)

good luck if ya try the leaf job ........

i painted my m14 in woodland type camo it looks ok and its easy to do .
    i rekon theres a fair bit of work involved doing the leaf camo i was going to try it on the L96 but the digital attempt won ...

it took almost two days to paint it wait for it to dry then mask it all over and draw lotsa lil squares cut them out paint it and wait again then do it all over again for third colour ......

glad i left out the black .........hmmmmm " light bulb lights over my head" thats whats missing more tape please and some matt black ..........stat "what ever that means" :)

good luck if ya try the leaf job ........

thanks man i reckon il try it out and see what happens!

do you have any pics of you paint job on your m14?

did you cut out all the squares while the masking tape was on the gun??

i coverd the whole gun in masking tape then done all the square thingys ... if you can find some try get low tac masking tape/film so it doesnt pull paint of when your removing it

i have a pic of the m14 ill attach one to this post .
    the m14 was done with acrylic paints and a brush it only took couple hours to do . but looks ok against my jacket :)

for some reason i cant attach a pic of the m14 ....

fair play to you i ahev to say dont think id have the patience to do digital camo.

well that and this is my first paint job:)

ah its cool im just trying to get some ideas thats all if you can stick it up cool but if not no worries

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A.T.S

very nice job on the digital kris i've been messing around with a few bits myself just a broken shotgun out of the shop dont have proper paint yet either but i'm into painted guns if your in the area drop in man

Advertisement