Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick update on day 1a from Manilla APT

Options
  • 29-05-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Much to my suprise there is going to be a huge overlay with a guarantee off $1,000,000. Today 124 players started and numbers are approx 120 for 2moro giving a 300k+ overlay.
    There were 32 players remaining from today with the average being 38k.
    I start tommorrow day 1b and quite looking forward to it. played a few cash games and all i can say is wow. the standard off play is disgusting to say the least. playing 100200blinds sat in with 10k left with 30k all pesos in less than an hour.60peso / euro
    prizepool was unofficial but it read something like $270,000 for 1st $190,000 for 2nd $110,000etc etc. with 30 prizes announced
    will post an update here after 2moros play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good luck Dave....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

KevIRL wrote: »
    Good luck Dave....
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

Good luck Dave take it down man :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Thrilla in Manilla:)

Must have been cool playing 100/200
    Good luck Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Gl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Best of luck Dave!!!

A World of Poker are doing live updates for this and take the odd request for individual players. If you'd prefer, someone can PM his surname to me and I'll keep track of his play, posting any info here as I get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

'Bout time you won something! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

GL Dave, take it down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

Take it down Dave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Good luck Dave :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

arrive late by 20mins less than a lap off the table i look at 99. CO raises 200 i reraise to 700 he calls flop comes 245 he bets 300 i reraise 900 he reraises i jam. he dwells for a full 2 mins and tables a3. im walking away from table turn 9 river 2. ship it. nearly 1 lap later i look at a10 raised preflop to 150 i called flop comes kq8 it goes check 200 i call .turn comes J i check he bets 500 i reraise 1900 and say to him theres always another hand let it go. he calls river comes a blank and i check quickly. he dwells and i say do the decent thing and check and he bets 2000. i reraise 3500 more and he calls. after these hands i had to walk away from table as im shaking with excitment now on just under 28k. an hour in.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

GL Dave! Take it down!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

pppspecial wrote: »
    arrive late by 20mins less than a lap off the table i look at 99. CO raises 200 i reraise to 700 he calls flop comes 245 he bets 300 i reraise 900 he reraises i jam. he dwells for a full 2 mins and tables a3. im walking away from table turn 9 river 2. ship it. nearly 1 lap later i look at a10 raised preflop to 150 i called flop comes kq8 it goes check 200 i call .turn comes J i check he bets 500 i reraise 1900 and say to him theres always another hand let it go. he calls river comes a blank and i check quickly. he dwells and i say do the decent thing and check and he bets 2000. i reraise 3500 more and he calls. after these hands i had to walk away from table as im shaking with excitment now on just under 28k. an hour in.

sweeeeeeet

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

JBet Pro Wakita Lloyd Eliminated In Devastating Fashion

On a flop of 2s4h5s Lloyd bet 200 and was instantly raised to 550 by an unknown opponent. Lloyd then made it 2,200 to go and was amazed when his opponent instant shoved explaining "It is going to cost you your entire stack to call".

Lloyd fired back with "I can't see how you can play 3 6. You only live once, I call".

Lloyd turned over As3d to have his opponent dominated with 9h9d.

The turn was the 9s and when the river came the 2c Lloyd was left shattered and walking to the rail.

GL,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

board: 2s4h5s
    Hand Pot equity Wins Ties
    99 3.84% 168 120
    As3d 96.16% 5,652 120

LOL Good luck

yes i was very lucky. pokernews have the bet sizes wrong. just on a lunch break now and sittin on 28675. folded a set when the board 4 flushed.8k pot would have seen me move near chip lead just half hour before break. table is very tight now with the fish gone from the table. 3.84% its still playing on my mind how lucky i got so glad off this break. time to compose myself and start grinding. objective to make day 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

pppspecial wrote: »
    yes i was very lucky. pokernews have the bet sizes wrong. just on a lunch break now and sittin on 28675. folded a set when the board 4 flushed.8k pot would have seen me move near chip lead just half hour before break. table is very tight now with the fish gone from the table. 3.84% its still playing on my mind how lucky i got so glad off this break. time to compose myself and start grinding. objective to make day 2.

Take advantage of the luck Dave when it comes your way. Post mortems are for afterwards when you are counting the money. GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Take advantage of the luck Dave when it comes your way. Post mortems are for afterwards when you are counting the money. GL

exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

3.48% - Luckbox :D

GL Dave - Take it down in China Town.

ive never got it all in so bad and been drawing so thin to suck out like so. it felt great tbh. thanks everyone who posted here. will keep u all updated as it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Get in there ye luckbox Dave. gl.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Was going to post an update, but you beat me to it. They're on a break at the minute, but seems everyone has found a place to catch up on the action and Dave (don't know HOW you're finding the time, but fair play to you) is posting as he goes. Well done so far and keep it up!!! GLGLGLGLGL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

best of luck Dave,
    lol at the hand, "ya have to win ya races":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Keep it up Dave.

runner runner all the way to 1st place :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

i was ahead preflop imo

gl dave

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The difference in the two reports of the hand is funny,
    A3 fold PF FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sick sick sick! GL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

LOL, get in Dave you fish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭goughie

Dave Masters just knocked someone out.

He had pocket Jacks the other player had pocket sixes.

There was 100 chips of a difference so its as close as you can get to a double up, without actually doubling up..

....if that makes sense . Confused

Advertisement