Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally, PROOF THAT GOD EXISTS!!

Options
  • 27-05-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Yes thats right, a website I came across can prove that god exists in 8 easy steps!

http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/

Try it out for yourself, it's kind of in the format of a quiz, it'll just take a few minutes.

There is so much that is obscenely wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin.

Once again Christians show how stupidity and ignorance can be not-so-cleverly masqueraded behind the guise of logical thinking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Note, if you say you don't care at the start, it says BYE straightaway,

what an odd site

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

get a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭agrajag

RedXIV wrote: »
    Note, if you say you don't care at the start, it says BYE straightaway,

what an odd site

haha, you may not care about "Absolute Truth" now, but maybe Mickey Mouse et al could help with that... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, only response to that is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

Anybody who's ever read The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy knows that the Babel Fish prooves that God exists, and therefore he doesn't.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

That site may not prove God exists but it certainly gives you an inkling about what hell must be like...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

LOL

Their proof....

The Proof that God exists is that without Him you couldn't prove anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen false dichotomy used so deceptively.
    A triumph of logical fallacy technology!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ok, I said there is no absolute moral laws, there arent, they are a human invention.

Then it went all tabloid on me and asked me if child molesting was wrong or... there WERE absolute moral laws.

Where is the morality is a human invention and in that case child molestation is wrong answer?

Then the thing kept asking me the same question until I gave the "right" answer.

Religion is a truly pathetic thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Hmmm... d'OH I feel like I've been playing one of those silly email jokes that goes around, where you fill in a big survey or "personality test" and the answer is, "Quit messing around and get back to work!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bizarre site, took me ages to get off the first page. Reminded me of the Lisbon treaty, gonna keep on asking till you say yes, so you might as well get it over and done with....
    To reach this page you had to acknowledge that immaterial, universal, unchanging laws of logic, mathematics, science, and absolute morality exist. Universal, immaterial, unchanging laws are necessary for rational thinking to be possible. Universal, immaterial, unchanging laws cannot be accounted for if the universe was random or only material in nature.
    He has obviously never studied science, mathematics or logic. History has shown that the man-made/derived laws of science do change. They once thought the earth was round, Newtons laws do not hold up in some cases as Einstein proved. Scientists used laws & logic to prove a bee cannot possibly fly, as laughable as this fellas "logic".

Why 8 questions? why not just "do you believe god exists"

Yes- correct
    No- pick yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Why does it bring you to the Disney website when you finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Galvasean wrote: »
    Why does it bring you to the Disney website when you finish?

I couldn't get to the Dianey Page.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Standman wrote: »
    Yes thats right, a website I came across can prove that god exists in 8 easy steps!

http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/

Try it out for yourself, it's kind of in the format of a quiz, it'll just take a few minutes.

There is so much that is obscenely wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin.

Once again Christians show how stupidity and ignorance can be not-so-cleverly masqueraded behind the guise of logical thinking.

Surely this is a spoof?! I refuse to believe that the level of irony inherent in that site can be accidental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes- correct
    No- pick yes please.

What is "the 2000 US Election Ballot form"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Comer1

Ok, I said there is no absolute moral laws, there arent, they are a human invention.

That's as far as I got too, God!, why am I so not worthy? (flagellates himself with leather strap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Why was i redirected to the Disney website when press the I don't care if the ultimate truth exists button - are they trying to tell me something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Hah, what nonsense! It said it was an 8 step plan but there was a step 7(a), a step 7(b) and a step 7(c)! Clearly making it a 10 step plan! He got the number of steps wrong, therefore Laws of mathematics do not exist, therefore he's wrong! easy! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

That site is hilarious. I haven't had such a good laugh in a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rhiggs

Just in case any of you think this site is a joke......its not

Its creator is a Canadian guy called Sye TenB and he is a preuppositionalist apologetic. I and others have had many debates with him on various blogs, most notably here and here

He argues that a non-Christian cannot account for logic and reason as they have no absolute standard to base anything on......his argument has many internal contradictions and is continually debunked by other bloggers, so he has the habit of leaving a debate when the going gets tough and appearing somewhere else a few days later with the same nonsense. Here he is currently engaged in a debate with a guy called Darrin, who is ripping him to shreds. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

That was very random and very strange. I thought it was sponsored by Disney which made the whole thing even stranger.

Yeah the Disney link at the end is, I suspect, a sneaky way of making money. He probably gets one cent every time someone links to Disney from his website......pretty pathetic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maladjust

Actually, there is a book that provides empirical proof that God exists which is not just another overstuffed collection of regurjitated Christian hobble-gobble. In fact, it is certain to offend orthodox religion junkies of every persuasion. Google "three proofs".

Maladjust the Elder
    "It's not a mechanical universe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

This site came up a good while ago. The guy who runs it saw that a lot of people were visiting from boards and started posting here (under the name ptge) . He didn't last too long.

Here's the thread i think http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055301740

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Daemonica

The very idea of this post is a backwards step. We know man, we all know already. There is no point discussing it at all, you can't forcefully change someones beliefs. All you can do is present evidence to the contrary and wait for them to say it is a lie.

Yes Sean, for what it is worth, that was the link I rode in on. Is that what matters?

The illusion of knowledge is the enemy of truth.”

I read your posts. The answers you all are seeking will not be found in the caterwaulings of religion or atheism. But they can be found using the tools of science, provided you make an effort. I was an atheist 40 years ago until I spent 8 months cutoff from the world in solitary snowbound isolation 3,000 meters up a mountain at Lake Tahoe, California. I had a couple of near death experiences there that showed me cracks in the homogenous flow of commonplace events I took so for granted. (That was 8 years before the first book on NDEs was published.) The interesting part is I was a scientist in the making and did not have to alter or sacrifice anything I knew about the laws of physics and chemistry to grok the Non-Mechanical Universe.

Einstein said, “Never stop questioning.” When I cruised in here a few days ago, I left breadcrumbs, which I doubt anyone was curious enough to follow. I just got flamed for being impertinent enough to intrude upon your well-ordered group homogeneity. That’s OK. But, since I quite enjoy impertinence, here are a few more: Claircognizance (how can it be possible?); Dr. Melvin Morris; Dr. Ian Stevenson.

Now flame me till your heart’s content. I’ll darken your door no more.

Maladjust the Elder
    "It’s not a mechanical universe”

Maladjust wrote: »
    Actually, there is a book that provides empirical proof that God exists which is not just another overstuffed collection of regurjitated Christian hobble-gobble. In fact, it is certain to offend orthodox religion junkies of every persuasion. Google "three proofs".

Maladjust the Elder
    "It's not a mechanical universe"

Hi Maladjust,

I did google 'three
    proofs' and the website I got to was selling a book. Seems strange that someone apparently has proof of God's exsistence but in order to be enlightened you have to pay $18.95 + $3.00 shipping....

Could you please just summarise the three proofs for us here, so that we don't all have to go and buy the book? If they are long-winded proofs, then can you at least give us a rough outline of them?

Thanks,

Rhiggs

rhiggs wrote: »
    Hi Maladjust,

I did google 'three proofs' and the website I got to was selling a book. Seems strange that someone apparently has proof of God's exsistence but in order to be enlightened you have to pay $18.95 + $3.00 shipping....

Could you please just summarise the three proofs for us here, so that we don't all have to go and buy the book? If they are long-winded proofs, then can you at least give us a rough outline of them?

Thanks,

Rhiggs

Hey Rhiggs,

I wrote three proofs, but I did not come here to sell books. I was following my own bread crumbs. My publisher sells books; I pursue knowledge. For money, I invent things; I write to share what I consider important, which wouldn’t go far without a publisher. I read some of the posts. The questions and rhetoric reminded me of a younger me. Fun. So, you ask, summarize 50-years’ experience. It will be tough to do in 25 words or less, that’s two years per word, but I love a challenge so let’s have a go at it. But first, the disclaimer: in a forum like this most of what I would like to say must be left out and what remains may sound pretty strange. In brief, it will likely prove nothing. The book is 288 pages. Armed with that...

Part One tells some of my experiences. Much of it is pretty wild, but I swear everything was truthfully and accurately reported. Part Two offers Three Empirical Proofs, which were distilled from a comparative study using a method I call The Three Keys: Eastern Mysticism, Western Metaphysics, and Science. I learned to employ three proofs to solve a problem while working with a world-class biomedical research scientist who was never satisfied with a discovery until he proved it three times, each time using an entirely different scientific protocol to do so. We share a patent.

Finding the Non-Mechanical Universe requires that you become a sorcerer (someone who seeks the source). If you follow modern Western religion back to its source you find the Hermetic doctrine. Following modern Eastern religion, takes you back to the Yoga Sutras. Both are based on lengthy philosophical studies of the inner and outer universe: the microcosm and the macrocosm. Both the Eastern and Western systems evolved in local isolation, but when you compare their foundations you discover there is an elegantly detailed symbolic agreement between them, despite the fact they had no physical connectivity until more recent times. Some agreement between disparate systems can easily be coincidence, but that much means both groups had to be working the same problem. All religious works are a combination of a little fact and a lot of metaphor. Metaphor is an excellent way of expressing abstract ideas. Truth is derived by knowing the difference.

The first proof takes elements from the Caduceus (doctor’s symbol) and shows how the first miracle of Moses (the snakes) symbolically explains the Eastern practice of Tantric Kundalini Yoga (There are many layers of Yoga beyond standing on your head.). The second proof, “From the Caduceus to the Cross,” traces the lines of Eastern and Western development to show that “the Caduceus, the pyramid, the All Seeing Eye, the God’s Eye, the Philosopher’s Stone, the Star of David, and the Holy Cross are all symbols that point to the same archetypal truth.” They are actually all the same symbol. (There are pictures that explain this.) The third proof, “Riding the Consciousness Continuum,” takes you through a bunch of stuff like NDEs, reincarnation, Samadhi (yogic trance states), among other things, and shows how the Transfiguration may have worked. This is based on two stories from Melvin Morse’s scientific research into children’s death-related experiences. Melvin Morse, M.D. is the world’s foremost authority on death-related phenomena and their greater spiritual dimension. He reports two different cases where divers found drowning children in dark opaque water because the kids “were illuminated by a light from within.” Both children reported seeing the Clear White Light while having an NDE. Morse concluded the divers were probably experiencing the same light the children were seeing at the same time the kids were seeing it. I offer an explanation for the Clear White Light based on my experiences with NDEs, Kundalini releases, and yogic trance states, which I use as a possible scientific explanation of the Transfiguration.

There is a whole lot more, including how the church corrupted the teachings of Christ (which has much in common with Hermeticism and esoteric Buddhism, especially when you include the Gnostic gospels) to further the empire building aspirations of Emperor Constantine and the early church oligarchy (an empire unto itself). Churches are institutions; you know this. What you may not know, is many early Christian groups, prior to the First Council of Nicaea (325 C.E.) openly embraced the doctrine of reincarnation. They also had a tradition of passing secret oral (ear spoken) teachings (where the good stuff is stored) from master to disciple, just as Hindus and Buddhists do today. The Western teachings (Christian) were known as the Disciplina Arcani or “Discipline of the Secret Doctrine,” which is almost entirely lost—destroyed to protect the power of the church. The Hebrew side (and probably its source) survives as the Kabbalah. Part of the Eastern secret tradition was published by Alexandra David-Neel in The Secret Oral Teachings of Tibetan Buddhist Sects. What they all have in common is they offer serious aspirants a means of achieving God Realization, where the distinction between subject and object dissolves and only Unity remains.

I doubt this is your normal bill of fare. I wrote Three Proofs to show that all this weird and crazy stuff is the common lot of our species. I experienced it; anyone can. It is (or at least it can be) science if you approach it with a healthy dose of skepticism and an open, inquiring mind. I’m not talking about the New Age Psychic Circus Labyrinth; best avoid that. You can confirm most of what I wrote about in Wikipedia and a number of other scientifically respectable sources. I give references. For those who are interested in such matters, the book is probably worth its price. But, if you are enterprising (and you probably are), you won’t have to pay the big bucks. The preface and some other stuff are free on the website, a sample chapter describing my first epiphany is free on the publisher’s site, and for techno-savvy folks like yourselves, the eBook comes in color (from the publisher only) and can be downloaded for $9.95, no freight. You can all chip in and lend it to one another.

Well, this is a pretty chunky post--I’m definitely over my 25-word limit. Thanks for inviting me in.

Maladjust the Elder
    “It’s not a mechanical universe”

Hi Maladjust,

Your post shows that you have a substantial knowledge of biblical and historical events and interesting insight into symbolism. However, on the question of God's exsistence, you were correct when you assumed that it would prove nothing.

The first proof takes elements from the Caduceus (doctor’s symbol) and shows how the first miracle of Moses (the snakes) symbolically explains the Eastern practice of Tantric Kundalini Yoga (There are many layers of Yoga beyond standing on your head.).
    How does that prove God's exsistence......??

The second proof, “From the Caduceus to the Cross,” traces the lines of Eastern and Western development to show that “the Caduceus, the pyramid, the All Seeing Eye, the God’s Eye, the Philosopher’s Stone, the Star of David, and the Holy Cross are all symbols that point to the same archetypal truth.” They are actually all the same symbol. (There are pictures that explain this.)

The third proof, “Riding the Consciousness Continuum,” takes you through a bunch of stuff like NDEs, reincarnation, Samadhi (yogic trance states), among other things, and shows how the Transfiguration may have worked. This is based on two stories from Melvin Morse’s scientific research into children’s death-related experiences.

Can you please outline the three empirical proofs that you talk of, and exactly how they prove God's exsistence? After all, this was your original claim...

Thanks,

Rhiggs

• Advertisement

Sorry Rhiggs, I did my best.

The nature of the Non-Mechanical Universe is not something that can be accurately communicated with a couple of phrase-bytes. If instead, I had summarized my invention called Programmable Autonomous Network Objects, I doubt you would get that either. But you almost certainly would if you took the time to cruise USPTO and study the specification and diagrams. For people to communicate with any degree of precision, it is imperative they share a common lexicon and symbol-set. Scientific proof (of anything) must be meticulously constructed, using objects of logic, in a clear stepwise fashion. Only after presenting all of the supporting evidence and establishing a common frame of reference can the point of the exercise be grasped. I knew that all I could accomplish with a summarization was point you toward a place where gold can be found. If you want the gold, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and dig. It is not possible to further pabulumize such a complex subject.

Not to be rude, but this is my last post. It was fun. May the Clear White Light illuminate the darkness and guide your footsteps home.

With kind regards,

Maladjust the Elder
    "It’s not a mechanical universe”

Advertisement