Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10000$ in a month at nl25 2p2 propbet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So the trick up his sleeve was that he went on the heater of his life while trying to book action at 1-4. Classy.

I know he's behind, but there's more than enough time to pull it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

He officially gave up and paid out today.
    400 buyins in a month is officially impossible.

From 2+2..................

(xposted from my blog)

Well it isnt easy, but I think its time to call it. Had a small downswing today and there really is no point in continuing. If i go back to normal stakes i can prob make a good chunk of this money back, and i need to grind out the points for my EPT package (which will be much easier at higher levels).

What went wrong? Well several things in my opinion.

1) I actually believe regs adapted to me(as lol as that sound at nl 25). Basically, the first couple of days i played, i actually made +1200. But even more then that, I was basically breakeven near the end of the first day. So i essentially went +1200 in ~30 hours. But then i totally ran into a wall. I started gettig killed in non sd pots and it just seemed like i wasnt stacking anyone. A few days went by, and i started playing absolutely crazy lag, which actually worked for a bit. But then again, after a couple of days people started to catch up. It seemed like i could always get a couple days in of doing wlel and then it would just stall out, which you really cant have in something like this.

2) I played during the day a bunch. Sort of retarded on my end, but the games can be abolutely so nitty during the day that it is very difficult to even beat them for very much. Playing at night is definetely the way to go when you do something like this.

3) My sleeping was absolutely terrible during this. Actually, for the first week, it wasnt even sleeping. Id lay down for about3-4 hours and then get back up because i just plain and simple could not sleep. Every day, couldnt sleep. It relaly starts to get to you and it started to wear on me very hard.

4) I didnt realize how invalid my prior sample of 140k hands at nl 25 was. I beat it for 7-8 ptbb/100 over that sample and thought wow, i could just light this up. Didnt happen.

So Xorbie can go ahead and send out the bets. I dont want to keep anything waiting any longer then it has to. Sorry for letting you guys down but i gave it my best and hey, thats all you can do. There is no point continuing for my $18 hourly atm (lol). At least put my money to good use.

=p.

~Doug

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

mdwexford wrote: »
    He officially gave up and paid out today.
    400 buyins in a month is officially impossible.

From 2+2..................

(xposted from my blog)

Well it isnt easy, but I think its time to call it. Had a small downswing today and there really is no point in continuing. If i go back to normal stakes i can prob make a good chunk of this money back, and i need to grind out the points for my EPT package (which will be much easier at higher levels).

What went wrong? Well several things in my opinion.

1) I actually believe regs adapted to me(as lol as that sound at nl 25). Basically, the first couple of days i played, i actually made +1200. But even more then that, I was basically breakeven near the end of the first day. So i essentially went +1200 in ~30 hours. But then i totally ran into a wall. I started gettig killed in non sd pots and it just seemed like i wasnt stacking anyone. A few days went by, and i started playing absolutely crazy lag, which actually worked for a bit. But then again, after a couple of days people started to catch up. It seemed like i could always get a couple days in of doing wlel and then it would just stall out, which you really cant have in something like this.

2) I played during the day a bunch. Sort of retarded on my end, but the games can be abolutely so nitty during the day that it is very difficult to even beat them for very much. Playing at night is definetely the way to go when you do something like this.

3) My sleeping was absolutely terrible during this. Actually, for the first week, it wasnt even sleeping. Id lay down for about3-4 hours and then get back up because i just plain and simple could not sleep. Every day, couldnt sleep. It relaly starts to get to you and it started to wear on me very hard.

4) I didnt realize how invalid my prior sample of 140k hands at nl 25 was. I beat it for 7-8 ptbb/100 over that sample and thought wow, i could just light this up. Didnt happen.

So Xorbie can go ahead and send out the bets. I dont want to keep anything waiting any longer then it has to. Sorry for letting you guys down but i gave it my best and hey, thats all you can do. There is no point continuing for my $18 hourly atm (lol). At least put my money to good use.

=p.

~Doug

What an extremely modest and humble guy, WP. So, how much did he lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If he wasnt so positionally awful he would of had a great chance to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

If he wasnt so positionally awful he would of had a great chance to make it.

Oh, what are his position stats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I thought about doing a simular challange.

€200 into $10,000 in 50 days.
    Idea was to play any format of poker I wanted (cash, heads up,stt, mtt)
    Only allowed 1 Buy-in of €200.
    What odds of success? seriously.
    Would be willing to take side bets for the right amount and odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Hmm, with a bit of luck and alot of grinding, i'm sure some top stt players would say that this is possible through playing stts alone. But not sure about the 1 200e buyin though.

I'd probably bet against you on this one though, odds pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Id love to see you attempt this, the thing is though that contanza_g and WCG|Rider couldnt change levels as you know so their prop bets were hard because they had to keep a pace of making a set amount every day and when they fell behind they more a less were screwed. In your case if you were well of the pace coming into the last week then you could take shots at 1000NL+ etc. Which is why i wont be taking you up. Hope somebody else does though.

blainj2 wrote: »
    Id love to see you attempt this, the thing is though that contanza_g and WCG|Rider couldnt change levels as you know so their prop bets were hard because they had to keep a pace of making a set amount every day and when they fell behind they more a less were screwed. In your case if you were well of the pace coming into the last week then you could take shots at 1000NL+ etc. Which is why i wont be taking you up. Hope somebody else does though.

The challange would be the 1x€200 buy in, cause if you lose it you fail.
    And as you said if i was up to lets say 4000 after 45days I could take a chance on a few bigger buy in stt.
    Would like to see what people think and how would it be monitored as I would
    be playing hold'em, omaha etc?
    also would it be a even money shot?

You sound like you are planning to play stt's, would this be the way you would plan to make most of the money? If this was the case then i think it would be very impressive. I understand if you dont want to give away your game plan untill any bets have been agreed if this does go ahead! Im just interested as to how you would go about it as you have obv thought about it.

• Advertisement

blainj2 wrote: »
    You sound like you are planning to play stt's, would this be the way you would plan to make most of the money? If this was the case then i think it would be very impressive. I understand if you dont want to give away your game plan untill any bets have been agreed if this does go ahead! Im just interested as to how you would go about it as you have obv thought about it.

I would mix it up a lot between cash and STT and the odd MTT.
    Would have to start of very tight as It would be very easy to go bust at the start.
    Just wondering how it could be kept track of as I obviously don't want to give access to my account. How would people know its just the one buy in?
    I think this would be the key to taking bets but have no idea how to monitor it?
    Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I thought about doing a simular challange.

€200 into $10,000 in 50 days.
    Idea was to play any format of poker I wanted (cash, heads up,stt, mtt)
    Only allowed 1 Buy-in of €200.
    What odds of success? seriously.
    Would be willing to take side bets for the right amount and odds.

I'd happily bet 1-2k against, would need webcam/escrow/all hhs etc obv

I would mix it up a lot between cash and STT and the odd MTT.
    Would have to start of very tight as It would be very easy to go bust at the start.
    Just wondering how it could be kept track of as I obviously don't want to give access to my account. How would people know its just the one buy in?
    I think this would be the key to taking bets but have no idea how to monitor it?
    Anyone any ideas?

Assuming you are only going to use one account then allowing a trust worthy "middle man" to view the deposit/transfer history on your account would be an obv solution. If you didnt what to do this then i suppose you would have to provide screen grabs of the deposit history/account balance or something along them lines. Would you only be using one site if so which one as i think it will be easier to track on certain ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

anyone got the link to the cotanza_g thread? can't find it anywhere.

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    I'd happily bet 1-2k against, would need webcam/escrow/all hhs etc obv

1-2k at even money?
    what would the webcam prove?
    what is escrow?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    anyone got the link to the cotanza_g thread? can't find it anywhere.

Link

Loads of guidelines for rules here IRISH MOB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Webcam would prove you are playing, they did it with the other two 2+2 prop bets and an escrow is just someone ho would hold the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

1-2k at even money?
    what would the webcam prove?
    what is escrow?

escrow is having a 3rd party hold all the money till bet is finished, and imo Ian, 200 into 10,000 YOU HAVE NO HOPE :D:D

escrow is having a 3rd party hold all the money till bet is finished, and imo Ian, 200 into 10,000 YOU HAVE NO HOPE :D:D

I know.
    So what price richie?

I know.
    So what price richie?

Evens sounds about right seeing as you can play any stakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I will definitely bet against this at evens.

added to the fact that IRISHMOB abosolutely sucks at poker then im defo willin to take some action here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Id also bet $1k against this at evens.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Id also bet $1k against this at evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Just on the minuscule chance this could happen - I'm in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

€500 at 11/10 if you like. webcam/escrow and T&C apply.

I think it would be a verrrry difficult challange and 1/1 even money is not a very realistic price...!!!
    remember €200 into $10,000 with no rebuy...!!!
    I think it would be more like 2/1 or 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

i take 1k against i give you 3/2.

Anyone else think they could do this?
    or opinions on odds?

I think its a massive task and would be 3/1 to make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I have never seen you play and don't know you but I would give you 2/1.

Advertisement