Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real "magic"?

Options
  • 23-05-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭

Just wondering; in the world of illusion and magic, what the general opinions are as to the possibility of real magic, and events and situations created from outside the scope of our abilities as humans.
    Not trickery, but a real situation which defies our current knowledge of logic and reality.

You are the people who bring the masses conjuring and bedivilment, but do you believe that there could be more to the world of "magic" that meets (or doesnt meet) the eye?

I wont even try to explain the word "magic" in the way what I am feebly trying to get it across, but be it whatever you think magic means. Do you feel that force other than those which we are familiar with are operating in our world?

For the record, I say yes, I believe that there are forces in the world which are beyond our current knowledge, and I find magic (in the stage term) to be a fun and interesting way to be entertained. I often wondered what illusionists think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

There was a thread about this before, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055285979
    I don't think our heads can take another.

Long story short, in general magicians are quite skeptical mainly because they see psychics and mediums use the exact same tricks to con people out of money.
    As was said in the other topic no one has ever, ever proved to have psychic or other supernatural powers.
    So really we're the closest thing you're gonna get.

Advertisement