Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Year Summer tests.

Options
  • 19-05-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

So 5th year is coming to an end. I thought it was quite a good year. Are you studing much for te Summer tests? It's hard to get motivated, especially with the good weather.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

I have my exams this week on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.Its such a ****!we have them so early cos we have work experience the following week!Studywise its goin all right.Ive done a good bit thru da year but i still need ta learn off a load of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

In my school they start on Monday. had my French oral and aural today and my Irish oral 2 weeks ago. French oral went well, French aural was tough and the Irish oral was boll**k as we weren't told about it.

As for the studying, haven't done a bit, only subjects I'm going to be stuck on our Geography and Physics the rest with a bit of study the night before should be grand.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

yea same:rolleyes: here i actually did some work for the xmas test and i ended up with very good grades ..but i didn't do much since then ..the laziness...grrrr...lol

I am dragging business now, i like business, but i did no revision for that yet ;O and we have 3/5 of the book done,so the amount of revison is UNREAL.. i started the home ec revision just few days ago, and accounting should be grand once i do a question per night..not gonna bother with english ,french may be 2days before the test..and math..we are doing this yrs LC paper:eek:!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

The weather is too good to study!
    I've just been out playin ball in the sun for the past few weeks so haven't done much really
    I couldn't be arsed as I'm guaranteed my places in all honours so I'll do some work over summer and all next year

I agree, the night before should be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm on boards, and have been since about nine o clock. That says it all. I have not done very much yet, but it starts tomorow. And I mean it. We have them the last three days of school next week. Had my french oral a few weeks ago, but I dodnt know it was for the summer at the time so id din't study, and the french aural today which was grand. Im screwed for Irish cos I dont study. Im screwed for English cos I cant write fast ebough and Im screwed for physics cos I only joined the class 2 months ago. Should be fun!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Have 'em starting on Monday. I'm studying for them all this week just so I'll have a vague idea of where I currently stand in relation to a leaving cert paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I've done no study really so am more or less f*cked. Ah well.

Might do a serious bit of cramming before a few of them though.

Jello wrote: »
    I've done no study really so am more or less f*cked. Ah well.

Might do a serious bit of cramming before a few of them though.
    Do, you've got loads of time over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Had English today & actually wasn't too bad and I hate English!!

Have Irish & Biology tomorrow.. Didn't do enough for Irish at all.. So used to just blabbing my way through because I can as Gaeilge but really gonna needa learn my stuff next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Uhh ive just been cramming the night before..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Done a bit for Maths/Applied Maths/Physics. That's about it really. I'm really annoyed about English since we have to do an essay on Macbeth, Poetry and Comparative in just 2 hours.

Ah well. Can't wait for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Ahh, I'll start studying tomorrow..procrastination ftw

Had my French oral and aural today and my Irish oral 2 weeks ago. French oral went well, French aural was tough and the Irish oral was boll**k as we weren't told about it.

Got 84 out of 100 on my French oral with minimal work.:cool:

Fringe wrote: »
    Done a bit for Maths/Applied Maths/Physics. That's about it really. I'm really annoyed about English since we have to do an essay on Macbeth, Poetry and Comparative in just 2 hours.

That's exactly what we have to do. I'm good at English and all, but learning quotes for all of them is a bit difficult considering my English exam isn't all that far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Mine start next Monday for the whole week. Have my applied maths exam this thursday though and thats the only thing i've studied for really. Like, once you've studied for class tests etc throughout the year you should be grand. Can't wait 'til summer!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Freaky. That's the exact same as me. Except for physics, Im dead for that. Other than that, it's the exact same.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Crammed for the first the morning of the exams and the two hour lunch before the second! Probably not the best idea, but the results I've gotten so far are pretty good for the lack of effort I've been putting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Haven't really done much outside the revision we were doing in class. The main tests are on next week but we've already had our Irish listening and French oral. Also they were stupid and forgot to put LCVP into the timetable next week so we have to do the exam in Maths on Friday.

Got 20/20 in the French Oral...haven't a fecking clue how I managed that seeing as I'm retarded when it comes to languages. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've decided to drop an extra subject before 6th year starts cos I'm looking at how little i've done in fifth year!
    French is my worst cos my teacher doesnt seem to care about whether or not work is done or handed up.....Irish is my best cos the teacher is terrifying in authority mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i messed up my french tape!!!really badly really really bad!!¬.¬
    :eek::(
    my head went blank all of a sudden in that class ...
    my gosh...

but got an A1 in one part of the English test..i was there what me A1?err..joke! i seriously have a huge problem in English..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

2 hours!! We have to do that in an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

All U People Worrying About Summer Exams......go Away And Dry Ur Eyes!y Wud U Even Be Studyin 4 Them, They Count 4 Nothing.......sum Ppl Are Doin Their Leavin Cert In 2 Weeks So Do Us All A Favour And Quit Going On About Summer Exams Cos They Are A Piece Of Piss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

manlad wrote: »
    All U People Worrying About Summer Exams......go Away And Dry Ur Eyes!y Wud U Even Be Studyin 4 Them, They Count 4 Nothing.......sum Ppl Are Doin Their Leavin Cert In 2 Weeks So Do Us All A Favour And Quit Going On About Summer Exams Cos They Are A Piece Of Piss
    There are many ways I wish to respond to this message, however I'll settle for this:

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I started yestarday had Irish and English. I do pass irish and it was grand the poem and story i knew best came up. English was fine i got it with 10 minutes to read over we knew what was coming up for macbeth so that was fine. did two essays in it and comprehension and creative writing.

Today I had honours maths and honours french. Maths was rough and french was grand. have bio and geo tomrro then home ec on monday.

Any1 know of any idiscos on in dublin?

manlad wrote: »

Seems you're the one who needs to dry their eyes. Maybe if you did worry about Summer Exams it might have been helpful to you now. By the look of it you've failed English anyway.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Seems you're the one who needs to dry there eyes. Maybe if you did worry about Summer Exams it might have been helpful to you now. By the off it you've failed English anyway.;)

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

is mine the only school that our exams last for 2 weeks? started monday finish next thurs with both wed's off and one or 2 half days. all exams 2 & 1/2 hours and in english and irish 2 papers! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Ours are only 2 1/2 days.

kateos2 wrote: »
    is mine the only school that our exams last for 2 weeks? started monday finish next thurs with both wed's off and one or 2 half days. all exams 2 & 1/2 hours and in english and irish 2 papers! :(

That's rough, I have 3 1/2 days of exams, with each exam two hours so I get off at 1.30 the lastest everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

do have 2 papers in any subjects? 2 weeks is so much but the half days n day off is good in a way to study for the next one!

Advertisement