Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpatch for MCC club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

next they will be telliing learner drivers to take their "L" patch off their back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dragon123

I have a friend who was surrounded by DD's and made rip a patch off his back a couple of years ago. He was told if he didn't he was going to get a kicking and his bike wrecked! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

what was the patch of?

The owners patch for his type of bike. I don't want to say what it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

What's wrong with saying what it is, are we now being intimidated by a bunch of bored goons who are sound blokes on their own but revert back to the schoolyard when together...
    Are you talking about a H.O.G. patch? if it's in reference to his bike?:confused:

• Advertisement

alpina wrote: »
    What's wrong with saying what it is, are we now being intimidated by a bunch of bored goons who are sound blokes on their own but revert back to the schoolyard when together...
    Are you talking about a H.O.G. patch? if it's in reference to his bike?:confused:

No it's not a HOG patch...it's a smaller club.

I have no problem standing up to them....I've done it before and not given in, but my mate is the one who could get into trouble, so it's for his sake I'm not naming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Cool...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

alpina wrote: »

Indeed. And can they use IE7.xx....? A kind of, 'bear in the woods' scenario, no ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

THe DD's should learn from the AOA on how to run a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Halfdog wrote: »
    THe DD's should learn from the AOA on how to run a club.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Patterson

Yep. It's the wild west.

Putting it a couple ways? Wearing colors is making a representation. If it's a false representation, you are subject to "remediation". Such remediation is in the eyes of the beholders...

Some of these attitudes reflect a lack of respect that smells like blood in the city or the country. It WILL draw feeders. But, Darwin wrote about 7lbs of paper on the subject, didn't he?

Good luck! Might want to stick with Disney characters on your cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Patterson wrote: »
    Yep. It's the wild west.

Putting it a couple ways? Wearing colors is making a representation. If it's a false representation, you are subject to "remediation". Such remediation is in the eyes of the beholders...

Some of these attitudes reflect a lack of respect that smells like blood in the city or the country. It WILL draw feeders. But, Darwin wrote about 7lbs of paper on the subject, didn't he?

Good luck! Might want to stick with Disney characters on your cut?

Does it count as a false representation if a biker has an MCC logo (that doesnt resemble an MC logo) on his back?

Or do the MCs feel that any biker wearing a patch on their back is claiming they can 'play with the big kids'?

Does it count as a false representation if a biker has an MCC logo (that doesnt resemble an MC logo) on his back?

Or do the MCs feel that any biker wearing a patch on their back is claiming they can 'play with the big kids'?

I can't speak for anybody but me, but... That MCC? What's the intent? To me, the intent is that a "wannabe" wants the same respect as the real thing. The real thing is not a t-shirt I bought at a gift shop. There's blood and sweat and commitment. To the guy with the "MC" it represents something that has meaning.

And then we have perceptions. Neither your intent nor your knowledge of what you're doing by wearing that patch? Doesn't matter. Only the other guy's perceptions matter. To him they are real. Whether you intended to or not - you walked into a cave and poked a bear with a stick. The bear is going to do what a bear is going to do. Blaming him for being a bear is moot. Because he's going to swipe that paw. He's a bear.

Does this help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

so you think its ok to beat up people for wearing patches and trying to be cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

A three year old thread. :eek:

I think we should let it die a peacful death.

Tigger wrote: »
    so you think its ok to beat up people for wearing patches and trying to be cool?

No. But I think there are a lot of dead people who just thought they were bring cool. You're talking like a child. Being "good" or bring "right" rarely has anything to do with what may happen to you... That is a fact.

People have not evolved in several hundred thousand years. In all of that time, they have bonded into tribes. Alpha males have been the leaders. He's the one who offers the best protection. He the one who can easily kill the next strongest male in the tribe - not to mention the weak one who wants to look cool.

Civilization and political economy find value in stability and safety. Do now we have slightly different slants on civilization. But this is a couple hundred years old only. There are still more places in this world where an alpha male can kill without anything but positive reinforcement.

Cool! LMFAO! It's just a game to you! A way to impress some girl out of her panties? These guys often have NOTHING except their tribal status. I'm sorry but stupid is stupid all day long! You are dealing with ANIMALS. I know because I've been one of them. You have to be prepared to kill for those colors. That's the promise you make. You have nothing to do with it - you snd your "Sons of Anarchy" eBay-bought vests. These guys are animals with nothing to loose but that pride. So for that, YOU are willing to risk your life? These guys pride themselves on not leaving enough if you to identify. Is THAT how you want your mother to bury you? You're being selfish and stupid.

Ya wanna bond with them? Wear a cool Buco knockoff. A D-pocket jacket. Laces up the side. NO FRIGGIN COLORS OR PATCHES!!! Work out. Look like you can wear it. Don't be a prick. Show respect. They may even buy you a drink and think you ARE cool. But don't piss on their foreheads. It's stupid.

Does THAT help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Patterson wrote: »
    No. But I think there are a lot of dead people who just thought they were bring cool. You're talking like a child. Being "good" or bring "right" rarely has anything to do with what may happen to you... That is a fact.

People have not evolved in several hundred thousand years. In all of that time, they have bonded into tribes. Alpha males have been the leaders. He's the one who offers the best protection. He the one who can easily kill the next strongest male in the tribe - not to mention the weak one who wants to look cool.

Civilization and political economy find value in stability and safety. Do now we have slightly different slants on civilization. But this is a couple hundred years old only. There are still more places in this world where an alpha male can kill without anything but positive reinforcement.

Cool! LMFAO! It's just a game to you! A way to impress some girl out of her panties? These guys often have NOTHING except their tribal status. I'm sorry but stupid is stupid all day long! You are dealing with ANIMALS. I know because I've been one of them. You have to be prepared to kill for those colors. That's the promise you make. You have nothing to do with it - you snd your "Sons of Anarchy" eBay-bought vests. These guys are animals with nothing to loose but that pride. So for that, YOU are willing to risk your life? These guys pride themselves on not leaving enough if you to identify. Is THAT how you want your mother to bury you? You're being selfish and stupid.

Ya wanna bond with them? Wear a cool Buco knockoff. A D-pocket jacket. Laces up the side. NO FRIGGIN COLORS OR PATCHES!!! Work out. Look like you can wear it. Don't be a prick. Show respect. They may even buy you a drink and think you ARE cool. But don't piss on their foreheads. It's stupid.

Does THAT help.

tldr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Thread temp closed pending Motorbike Mod arrival...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

-Chris- wrote: »
    Thread temp closed pending Motorbike Mod arrival...

Thread permanantly closed.

Sorry, I was out for a spin and got home late last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement