Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBD Insurance Rás 2008

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    fingers crossed for an Irish winner.

Here's hoping. I see Tony Martin, last years winner, is hanging in there in the Giro. 131st after stage 11
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/giro08/?id=results/giro0811
    General classification after stage 11

1 Giovanni Visconti (Ita) Quick Step 49.00.17
    2 Gabriele Bosisio (Ita) LPR Brakes 5.50
    3 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Astana 6.59
    131 Tony Martin (Ger) Team High Road 1.22.13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

rte will probably have a programme being shown on sunday evening for 30 minutes as they have in previous years, summarising the whole week, and making whats a massive achievement for even the best riders look like a leisurely fun cycle around ireland.
    No point in complaining to RTE, they don't make the program. They just show it (for a fee). I think the program is made by TeleGael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Anothe dissapointing day for Pezula with o'loughin puncturing within the last 3 km

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Hi Folks
    Anyone know what rough times they are due in Mallow tomorrow - heading Lim to Cork and would love to get it in. No sign of expected times on the site?

Slan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 animal

http://www.fbdinsuranceras.com/event/fbdras_367.shtml
    13:04 going at 48kph avg
    13:29 going at 40kph

They wont be going any slower than that! The starts are usually hectic enough so id be thinkin about 10 past 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Any idea when they should be getting into Skerries on Sunday? The same time roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Just looking at some of the pics from this year and i have to say out of all the different gear this year the Kerry team has the nicest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Just looking at some of the pics from this year and i have to say out of all the different gear this year the Kerry team has the nicest.

I'm a big fan of the Rapha Condor team's kit, but that's possibly due to me lusting after some Rapha kit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

animal wrote: »
    http://www.fbdinsuranceras.com/event/fbdras_367.shtml
    13:04 going at 48kph avg
    13:29 going at 40kph

They wont be going any slower than that! The starts are usually hectic enough so id be thinkin about 10 past 1.

Ta . Caught them perfectly. Good to see the boys in Green in front trying to reel the breakaway back. Very few people out though in Mallow. As I said earlier not very well promoted IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I was going to take a spin up along the coast from the city centre up towards ballbriggan tomorrow but I see the RAS is finishing in skerries. I know they're starting from roundwood and circling around to Skerries but just want to avoid any spectators / traffic. Any idea what time they'll be finishing at? Would like to leave early and be on my way back before any crowds start to gather. What roads will be unavailable at what times?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

clown bag wrote: »
    I was going to take a spin up along the coast from the city centre up towards ballbriggan tomorrow but I see the RAS is finishing in skerries. I know they're starting from roundwood and circling around to Skerries but just want to avoid any spectators / traffic. Any idea what time they'll be finishing at? Would like to leave early and be on my way back before any crowds start to gather. What roads will be unavailable at what times?
    It's starting in Newbridge and should reach Skerries around 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Nice to see David O’Loughlin (Pezula Racing) finnaly getting his stage win today, and great to see an Irish winner Stephen Gallagher (An post team)

Advertisement