Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restore CD procedure on Toshiba laptop

Options
  • 13-05-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

If I run the restore CD on a toshiba laptop. Will I get a choice of location as per an install from an XP disk, i.e., can I choose/create c:\windows_new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I dont think so, I believe the whole process is automated using the recovery CD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

On my old Toshiba, you just held down the one key and it took care of itself. You have no options.It will reformat your harddrives to itself entirely erasing anything on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks for the replies.

This is the original problem.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55928269#post55928269

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

you can choose the location for the new windows installation, or you can do a complete system recovery. i wont go into all the ins and outs of partitioning the drive and so forth but the simple answer is yes, i used do it all the time when i'd reinstall xp on my satellite A-30.

i haven't had to reinstall it in a while though so i can't give you specific directions, but if you're REALLY stuck i guess just for sh!ts n giggles i could reinstall xp my toshiba and do you up a walkthrough of the procedure and then you could customise and figure out the steps relevant to your situation from there.

i'd moreso recommend though you tip down to your nearest pc repair shop and ask them to stick the drive into a USB caddy, back up your stuff, and then come back on here and we'll go from there...

Advertisement