Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads Up Competition - Round 1 Draw

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Killme00 wrote: »
    Ok give me a week to learn it.

We will play next Tuesday if thats ok with you.
    Whats blinds do you want?

It doesn't have to be razz, maybe horse? I'm not entirely sure how to play all those games, but it'll be fun.

I reckon we play the lowest stakes possible we can find (to save on rake) and we can have a side bet to juice it up to be transfered at the end

Days that = bad for me are:
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

It doesn't have to be razz, maybe horse? I'm not entirely sure how to play all those games, but it'll be fun.

I reckon we play the lowest stakes possible we can find (to save on rake) and we can have a side bet to juice it up to be transfered at the end

Days that = bad for me are:
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays

HORSE..ok thatll be fun

Good point on the rake..side bet it is so

Wednesday it is. Ive taken the day off for the Champuions league final, so ill be free all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭mormank

how do we get in touch with our opponent if you dont know who they are and have never seen em post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

mormank wrote: »
    how do we get in touch with our opponent if you dont know who they are and have never seen em post...

Pee Emm them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PM

• Advertisement

ya but how do youpm somebody if you cannot see a post by them. the only way i have ever pm'd ppl is by clickin on their name..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Killme00 wrote: »
    HORSE..ok thatll be fun

Good point on the rake..side bet it is so

Wednesday it is. Ive taken the day off for the Champuions league final, so ill be free all day.

Forgot about the champs league - I work like a sucker :eek:

We'll get it done next week though 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Forgot about the champs league - I work like a sucker :eek:

We'll get it done next week though 100%

Great stuff

ya but how do youpm somebody if you cannot see a post by them. the only way i have ever pm'd ppl is by clickin on their name..

Click Private messages (under where it says welcome mormank) then click on send new message. Begin typing in the persons name into the box and boards even has a nifty auto complete feature.

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=101511

• Advertisement

ok ta. found him. he has like 27 posts...mite have a bit of trouble playin him. we will see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

A couple of questions:

- can you set up a private S&G on Stars, with a password etc?
    - how long does a typical HU NL S&G take?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A couple of questions:

- can you set up a private S&G on Stars, with a password etc?
    - how long does a typical HU NL S&G take?
    I think private is possible, not sure its is worth it,
    and a HU NL SNG takes about 15 mins, on average i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Anyone taking bets on selected first round matches??

Dev versus Bohsman would be worth a punt especially if they were going to play it live in CHL's.

I'd even call in to watch it if I had money on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Tried to set that up yesterday Ollie, hes out of the country at the mo, not sure when he gets back.

I'll run a tote if people were interested.
    Say over 6 matches.
    I'll take a while to set it up, so if people are interested then post here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Mellor wrote: »
    I'll run a tote if people were interested.
    Say over 6 matches.
    I'll take a while to set it up, so if people are interested then post here

That sounds like a good idea. Gamble gamble!

The other two matches I'd be particularly interested in is

Yuletired and the cooker3 v cardshark game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I want prices on the overall winner IMO....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I took a look at this draw to see what was so interesting about my match and then I see I'm playing the notorious allinstevie...YIKEs momma I''ve got skiddies I tell ya , skiddies.........don't take less than 2/1 on me. Although I am a highly talented poker play who is capable of the highest level of thinking whilst drinking a glass of water at the same time, . Aliinstevie is obviously a very lucky online player ...and if it wasn't for luck...........

seriously though, I like the draw.:eek:....now for the benefit of the trophy engraver, It's William J. Clynes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Ste05 wrote: »
    I want prices on the overall winner IMO....

me too, a tenner on Imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

with a complete list of players names i.e. Boards name and real name I can get a market live for this on paddypower.com, there are too many unknowns at this point to put up a market, maybe when it gets to last 64 or 32 and im more comfortable with whos/who I can get it up then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well I got who I wanted anyway. sweet.

with a complete list of players names i.e. Boards name and real name I can get a market live for this on paddypower.com, there are too many unknowns at this point to put up a market, maybe when it gets to last 64 or 32 and im more comfortable with whos/who I can get it up then.

Ah gowan. Have a stab at at it Noel....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Bugger, missed this by a day!

If y'all need a stand in i'll happily oblige!

May lady luck smite your opponent with furious intent and a bewildering wink.;)

TOTE TOTE TOTE
    As there seams to be an interest in a gamble, i've decided to run a tote on the heads up, as running it accross the board would be impossible. And games will start being completed soon.

Obviously if matches are completed before bets are made then its null and void,

The three match options are as follows;

8.Devore V bohsman

24. The_Chopper V Killme00

33. Cooker3 V Cardskark202*

The match 8 and 24 are set for next week I think.
    And if Cooker and CS play too early then i'll sub in a different one.

How it works
    You pick a winner in each match. This gives you your trifeca combination. Whwn the matchs are complete, the player(s) with the winner trifeca win all the money lodged, or in the event of a number of players with the same combination, it is divided up in proportion with their stake.

To keep it somewhat organised, i'm suggesting that people stick to multiples of $5. I'll accept through Stars transfer. (MellorMan88)
    If any match is a walk over its null and void, and I reserve the right to add anything I missed to save me being shafted etc.

so PM me with your three winners from the above, and transfer the cash, bet is only locked in when you transfer. I'll will announce a close time when dates for all three are set. I'll also try to do tote amounts in betting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Haha..my name in lights on teh gambooling sites. I'll know I've arrived then. Do eeeet.

Side note...This thread needs to be below BBV to prevent a bazillion annoyed misclickers.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Haha..my name in lights on teh gambooling sites. I'll know I've arrived then. Do eeeet.

Side note...This thread needs to be below BBV to prevent a bazillion annoyed misclickers.
    can't put it below, the sticks move around for which ever has the last post

• Registered Users Posts: 37,820 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

eagle eye 2 V micheald18 aka dougee19 1

Good game dougee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

Mellor wrote: »
    can't put it below, the sticks move around for which ever has the last post

I knew Boards was rigged........ok AKQJ10 I'm off to spain on Sat for a week so check your PMs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Blip wrote: »
    I knew Boards was rigged........ok AKQJ10 I'm off to spain on Sat for a week so check your PMs.

I'll try to be free either Weds/Thurs night to send you on your bicycle. I'll pm tomoro evening

Advertisement