Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemates

Options
  • 07-05-2008 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

So, you get on with yours? my housemate is a total f**king pig, SHE is constantly farting & belching outloud from the bottom of her gut, disgusting, (this thread inspired by the one recently started on that subject elsewhere!!), has no personality, acts like 35 going on 13, no communication skills and is just a constant nightmare to deal with. the other 3 are fine and easy to get on with, but this woman makes the house a horrible place to live it at times.

so, without being nasty, any good stories on how to get back at them!?:o

heard a good one before from 2 of my friends. this lad moved into the area and was a total bum. He got fired from his job and thrown outta his house. so he moved into their flat as he was playing soccer with us and they didnt want to see him stuck. he was only supposed to stay a week or so, however, stayed for about 6. never spent a penny, stayed in the flat all day watching tv and eating their food. so they eventually got pissed off and decided enough was enough. They bought a carton of orange juuice and left it in the fridge, but filled it with laxatives. they also hid all the toilet paper in the house. lets just say, your man had a rather uncomfortable day and had to leave the house the day after with shame!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Aw, those were the days... Four people refusing to buy toilet paper because each and every one of us had been the one to stump up for it the time before. Going on housecleaning strike. Listening to the randy 21-year-old getting it on with different randomers he'd picked up at the local nightclub. The 1 housemate whose soulmate happened to live with his parents and who ended up practically living with us. The disparity in what various people consider a 'clean' bathroom.
    This wan - is she really 35? If she is, she's not for changing. You'd be better off logging on to daft.ie and moving on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Had a blind housemate once who was a right pain in the hole.
    Solution - glued a few door knobs to the wall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Throw her into the cellar. But don't feed or make love to her. Thats where a lot of people go wrong when they try the whole "Lets try and hide some humans in the cellar" game. Just put her into the cellar and then do nothing. You'll increase your chances of not getting caught by at least 58%. Trust Pighead on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

so, without being nasty, any good stories on how to get back at them!?:o

Oxo cube or tea bag in the shower head
    Clingfilm over the toilet (old favourite that only worked once but was beautiful when it did)
    Febreeze in the kettle
    mousetraps EVERYWHERE
    hiding an alarm in her room to go off at 6am
    hiding a shotgun in her room to go off a 6am
    I'll think of more later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im loving this thread already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

So, you get on with yours? my housemate is a total f**king pig, SHE is constantly farting & belching outloud from the bottom of her gut, disgusting, (this thread inspired by the one recently started on that subject elsewhere!!), has no personality, acts like 35 going on 13
    I take it she is single.
    They bought a carton of orange juuice and left it in the fridge, but filled it with laxatives. they also hid all the toilet paper in the house. lets just say, your man had a rather uncomfortable day
    I would have removed all face-cloths and towels from the bathroom too, an obvious substitution. also the bathroom mat and toilet surround, maybe even the shower curtain. Display sand paper where t/roll used to be. Theres also an outside chance I would have thought of hiding something to record the action for posting purposes.

I love this thread too <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Leave a post-it on her door saying the hospital called and her parents are dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Aw, those were the days... Four people refusing to buy toilet paper because each and every one of us had been the one to stump up for it the time before. Going on housecleaning strike. Listening to the randy 21-year-old getting it on with different randomers he'd picked up at the local nightclub. The 1 housemate whose soulmate happened to live with his parents and who ended up practically living with us. The disparity in what various people consider a 'clean' bathroom.
    This wan - is she really 35? If she is, she's not for changing. You'd be better off logging on to daft.ie and moving on...

Welcome to my house...age 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Wait until she is gone for a few days. Then dampen her room down (with water!) and plant some cress seeds.

Only takes a few days for a mini forest to sprout up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Do what someone I know did, get a box of ants or a mouse from a pet shop and let them loose in here room/bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Wait until she is gone for a few days. Then dampen her room down (with water!) and plant some cress seeds.

Only takes a few days for a mini forest to sprout up

I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Abigayle wrote: »
    I take it she is single.

of course she is :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

heard a good one before from 2 of my friends. this lad moved into the area and was a total bum. He got fired from his job and thrown outta his house. so he moved into their flat as he was playing soccer with us and they didnt want to see him stuck. he was only supposed to stay a week or so, however, stayed for about 6. never spent a penny, stayed in the flat all day watching tv and eating their food. so they eventually got pissed off and decided enough was enough. They bought a carton of orange juuice and left it in the fridge, but filled it with laxatives. they also hid all the toilet paper in the house. lets just say, your man had a rather uncomfortable day and had to leave the house the day after with shame!

You mean he left the house in shame...:)

Didn't get along with most in the last house I shared in. A depressed Russian/Latvian who was dour and unfriendy, a female Dub who was very very annoying and her East European boyfriend who had to put up with her.

I get along great with the people where I am now, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I get on great with one but despise the other one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Mine is OK, except when she asks a lad to stay over, and he shows up about the flat in his boxers next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Four people refusing to buy toilet paper
    QFT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I love this thread.. rofl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've pretty much decided that however annoying my housemate is, it's a hell of a lot more entertaining to try to guess what she's about to do next. She's a tool and has no excuse because she has lived away from home for years.

Although I tend to get back at my housemate by making her feel thoroughly guilty for being a useless, unhygienic tool, with a housemate of 35 who is that freaking annoying I would focus on the fact that she is single and make her feel bad about it. (This only works if she actually cares that she's single, which she might not.)

Failing that I would hide a load of dirty dishes somewhere in her room and let the smell slowly drive her away.

I've always found that girls living together is a horrible idea. They can be the messiest people you've ever met. One particular occasion a girl left a half-eaten bowl of branflakes by the window (in direct sunlight) and left it there. By day 14 it had sprouted blue fungus. It was eventually up to me to clean it (as the girls had been too squeamish by this point, and me being the man, had to take responsibility. Women are always feminists until they have to do something disgusting, then it's the man's job).

I've always found that girls living together is a horrible idea. They can be the messiest people you've ever met. One particular occasion a girl left a half-eaten bowl of branflakes by the window (in direct sunlight) and left it there. By day 14 it had sprouted blue fungus. It was eventually up to me to clean it (as the girls had been too squeamish by this point, and me being the man, had to take responsibility. Women are always feminists until they have to do something disgusting, then it's the man's job).

That's disgusting. I'm a messy person but I can't understand people leaving food lying around like that.

My housemate put a cup of beans in the fridge a few weeks ago, they spilled, she put them back in the cup and left it uncovered in the fridge for 2 weeks. They got dry and horrible looking and started to go mouldy. She ate them 2 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

My flatmate is kinda hellbent on the position of the furniture in the room, so if I ever want to drive him mad, I just move the chairs about slightly. It's surprising how much it effects him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

janeybabe wrote: »
    She ate them 2 days ago.
    :eek:

Food isn't that dear!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's disgusting. I'm a messy person but I can't understand people leaving food lying around like that.

My housemate put a cup of beans in the fridge a few weeks ago, they spilled, she put them back in the cup and left it uncovered in the fridge for 2 weeks. They got dry and horrible looking and started to go mouldy. She ate them 2 days ago.
    HAHAHAH :D

I get on with my housemates alright. One of them is a bit uptight but nobody's perfect.

Sherifu wrote: »
    :eek:

Food isn't that dear!

I wouldn't mind but she practically lives in McDonalds. She did attempt to boil some pasta yesterday. It was her first time in the 7 months we've been living together that she has used a pot. She burnt the pasta. (And the pot)

I like the idea of being able to annoy someone by just moving the furniture a bit. So simple and requires little effort!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ewwwwww!!!! That's just disgusting!! One of my friends had a housemate who was really filthy, he never washed and one day we were all over in the house and trying to make a cup of tea but literally every piece of crockery they owned was in this lad's room! When he left they had to get professional cleaners in to clean the room and they had to take up the carpets, and paint the walls before they could get a new roomie in. Needless to say they had to dump his bed too cos it was so filthy! The scary thing is this guy wasn't single, and his GF stayed over fairly regularly! She seemed pretty normal, I don't know how she put up with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

I used to share a house with some friends, came home after a 14 hour shift on a saturday,looking forward to just crashing in front of the tv for the night, walked into the sitting room and cried, the heat was on full blast, with congealed pasta on the floor and a glass of curdled milk, and dirty socks and jocks on the floor!! It was then I decided not to renew my lease!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ROFL, my sides are hurting with laughter! :D

the_syco wrote: »
    ROFL, my sides are hurting with laughter! :D

We may have a sequel in the coming weeks. She has a cup of pasta sauce in the fridge now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Time to buy a house folks :pac:

I live in a house with a few other apt's / bedsits. There is one fellow who annoys the fcuk out of me. He's canadian and a fcuking idiot. I work in banking and most of our conversations comprise about our day in banking (instigated by him), like I want to talk about work when I come home :mad: At one stage, he used to call up to our apt every evening to talk sh1te about same. Soon put a stop to that. Now I just lock the door and ignore any knocking noices. Sometimes you can't unfortunatly :rolleyes: He also has a habit of leaving his door open so that you have to nearly say hello on the way by. Every so often he'll start telling me about his rich da and his former life in the Bahamas. It gets sickening TBH. Added to that he's a clatty ****, he's suffers from sinuses and every so often he might just hawk one in the hallway mid conversation. Makes my stomack turn. At night time it's hard not ignore the constant hawking / sniffing noices from his bedsit. Christ one night I woke up because of it. Added to that he's a bit weird. I remember one day he was in the flat and he happened to spot a bottle of aspirin I had on the table. "Can I have a few" he asks..... Weird, just weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

I rent out the whole house personally and sub-let the other two rooms to people of my choice, for an *ahem* reasonable profit. Which means I can kick out anyone I don't like (if I wasn't so damn lenient). Right now there's an unnecessary amount of bed-rolling-around and a cup which has been placed at an unreasonable angle in the press. They also haven't cleaned under the floor tiles since they got here, and as far as I'm concerned there's a dead man on the couch across from me.
    I ain't happy.

Advertisement