Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your neighbors grass...

Options
  • 06-05-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering....

I was driving around earlier and the amount of time i noticed half cut gardens.

With the new open plan gardens in housing estates i just think its terrible that you or your neighbor will not cut your side of the grass.... I understand if you hate them or they never ever did yours etc.. But not everyone hates there neighbors...

I did it for my neighbor up until they got there bit stoned in. I used to cut half an acre but I live with a much smaller garden now and for the extra 10 mins it takes i do not feel like its that much to ask!!

Nothing worse than going out with you mower and making sure you keep a perfect straight line........ Surely its more hassle than its worth....

So, any opinions on this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont have any neighbors but I do have neighbours.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

I was just thinking about doing that, but couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Balls, stupid spell check....

you can pretend your really posh, maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Balls, stupid spell check....

you can pretend your really posh, maybe..

Change it to English UK not English USA. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

what if your neighbour did not want their grass cutting

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

No, I cut my own damn grass then take a **** in their half and blame it on the other neighbour's dog.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Change it to English UK not English USA. ;)

:o
    irish-stew wrote: »

Well thats true....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Buy a goat, put him on a nice long leash connected to a stake in the centre of the lawn, have a little trough nearby for drinking water and maybe a small little canopy under which he can be kept dry if it is raining and you're sorted.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you cut their grass you are ment to give them the clippings or else legally it's stealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

I am not in that situation but i actually would do it if i was. I mean, i spend one hour cutting our lawn with a new push lawnmower. those lawns (and i actually wouldnt even call them that! more like patches of grass!!) take all of 5 minutes to do. It would also be an opportunity to know your neighbours imo, as the current status is seeing more of a closed door culture compared to the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't cut my own grass let alone my neighbours'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I take turns with the neighbour cutting the grass - that's the only interaction we have, bit wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If I'm cutting the patch of grass out front, I cut their patch as well. Otherwise, meh.

Thats it people, get out there, meet you NEIGHBOURS and cut there grass!!

Every since next door got there lawn stoned, we've not spoken either.... that is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I can't imagine sharing a garden with a neighbour. I'd just build a wall in between. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

I arrived back this evening after being away for four days and my front lawn had been cut and edges strimed, looks fab. The lawn doesn't join either of my neighbours so i've no idea who cut it or who to thank.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No wonder the lawn is stoned if the neighbours are smoking grass all day. Just say no, kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    I arrived back this evening after being away for four days and my front lawn had been cut and edges strimed, looks fab. The lawn doesn't join either of my neighbours so i've no idea who cut it or who to thank.
    In before "Maybe your grass is emo". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If my neighbour tries to cut my grass they are getting a punch in the back of the head for trespassing on my property. I happen to like long grass (don't ask, it's a Freudian kinda thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I'd rather keep the grass, and take the mower to the neighbours ...

At least the grass is pleasant and natural :mad: miserable fuppers

*goes off grumbling and ranting into the distance*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I am just wondering....

I was driving around earlier and the amount of time i noticed half cut gardens.
    irish-stew wrote: »
    Tarzan_man wrote: »
    No, I cut my own damn grass then take a **** in their half and blame it on the other neighbour's dog.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    If you cut their grass you are ment to give them the clippings or else legally it's stealing.
    AlanAhern wrote: »
    I am not in that situation but i actually would do it if i was. I mean, i spend one hour cutting our lawn with a new push lawnmower. those lawns (and i actually wouldnt even call them that! more like patches of grass!!) take all of 5 minutes to do. It would also be an opportunity to know your neighbours imo, as the current status is seeing more of a closed door culture compared to the past.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    I don't cut my own grass let alone my neighbours'.
    stevec wrote: »
    I take turns with the neighbour cutting the grass - that's the only interaction we have, bit wierd.
    the_syco wrote: »
    If I'm cutting the patch of grass out front, I cut their patch as well. Otherwise, meh.
    Thats it people, get out there, meet you NEIGHBOURS and cut there grass!!

Every since next door got there lawn stoned, we've not spoken either.... that is strange.
    HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    Amateurs the lot of you. :D

Professionals mow the lawn - amateurs cut the grass!

I find it difficult to use the words 'cut' and 'grass'. :)

Mike.
    Jaysus Mike, you must be bored tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

stevec wrote: »

Same here. It is a bit strange isn't it? I don't know them or want to, but I'd feel like a bollix if I only cut our side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

KBarry wrote: »
    Same here. It is a bit strange isn't it? I don't know them or want to, but I'd feel like a bollix if I only cut our side.

By any chance do you live next door to me?:D:D:D

Amateurs the lot of you. :D

Professionals mow the lawn - amateurs cut the grass!

I find it difficult to use the words 'cut' and 'grass'. :)

I don't get paid for it so I guess that makes me an amateur - good luck with your new profession....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think the OP is just jealous that the grass is greener on the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jaysus Mike, you must be bored tonight! :)

Hey I know where you'll be this time on Friday evening. You know the meaning of bored :pac:

I can't stand American spelling and the way its seeping into "proper" English.

"Lite" and "color" my arse.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Mike.

Well that's one way of solving your boredom I suppose, but I'm not the artistic type so I'll have to pass, sorry

Hey I know where you'll be this time on Friday evening. You know the meaning of bored :pac:
    LOL :D
    mike65 wrote:
    I can't stand American spelling and the way its seeping into "proper" English.

Mike.
    It's a gray area alrite!

In all seriousness though, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people in Motors who use 'tire' and 'curb'! WTF!

• Advertisement

In all seriousness though, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people in Motors who use 'tire' and 'curb'! WTF!

'strue a lot of posters in motors can't spell - WTF has it got to do with cutting mowing grass though....

Advertisement