Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confessions of a dangerous mind - Trip report from JP's 300FO

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ha, fair play to you you're right of course :) If I hadn't told him I had a pair I wouldn't have made so much on that hand you know, it really unbalanced him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

sorry Paul about the speechplay, i was enjoying myself...of course you push there.....

enjoying the poker these days , live rules as you meet such characters,
    a few funny nordies, yer man calling us gary linaker and hansen for saying we didnt fancy his 33s was funny.....

big trip report.....6k is a good amount of money for yiz ..got the ma a new flatscreen with me tourny readies..........big suprise 70th party this friday, where it will be unvieled.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Well done lads great trip reports.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

gigetheman wrote: »
    nice result ricky iwas sitting in seat 9 and never got a card in the first hour i finally wake up with aq and reraise a raise of half my stack only for kierian in seat 10 to push all in,i have seen him do this with alot of medium pocket pairs (6-10) so with 147,000 in the pot and i only have 41,000 behind im getting 3.5/1 for which i think is a 50/50 race.
    And for once i was right he had 99 against my aq but the pocket nines held up to knock me out in 9th.I so would like to thank jp and laura for running a great tournament and for listening to the players and would encourage anyone to go play at any of jp poker events
    george power

Who wrote this reply for you george, last time i spoke you, i think you thought pots odds were something to do with snooker;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Rattled77

good result chopper...wp ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Congrats Ricky, nice result.

Well done as well Paul, wp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Great report by both of you, very enjoyable read.

I sadly have played like a donkey the both times you have been at my table since your return ionapaul, but at least now I know I played like a donkey, rather than saying I got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

One quick snippet that I found funny........

At the end of the tournament when the money was been counted out, Paul and I decided on an appropiate tipping amount which was greater than 50

At the JP was counting out the other guys money - he turned to us and said something like "the dealers have been great, let's leave them a generous tip of 50". I said "errr.....", got cut off and he said "now don't be cheap, they were wonderful" (obviously at this point Paul and I had already left our tips on the table). We told the guy how much we were tipping and he said something like "jesus, I didn't know it was that much, I don't normally play these things" then proceeded to leave a tip 50 less then we had said and tipped, LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭gigetheman

Who wrote this reply for you george, last time i spoke you, i think you thought pots odds were something to do with snooker;)

some day u might get to a final table and ill explain pot odds to u ok:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Missed this somehow. Good read and wp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,644 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Missed this somehow. Good read and wp
    Yes very good read. Thought we were heading for war in the other thread this one got mentioned in.
    WP Chopper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Dreambeliever

Great stuff Ricky.

Sounds like you played a great game for such a long grind.

Well done.

Advertisement