Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why 'piercing guns' should never be used

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Holy crap u got ur Tragus pierced with a gun? How did they even fit it in? I had my tragus done the proper way (with the needle) and they had to go in from the back *no pun intended* and out the front. How did it work with the gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

well that was my question too, but i couldnt see what he was doing! like its soo far in he basically pierced the side of my face....

think i might take it out and get it dont again but there is so much scar tissue its gonna hurt like a bitch with a needle.....

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It probably won't be as bad as you think. It feels more like a 'push' than painful really, just a little pinch at the start. Believe me it'll be nothing compared to getting it done with the gun!!!! Take it out and wait til it's well healed then go to a decent piercer, and explain what's happened. They'll be able to position it properly, or if your ear is too badly scarred, they may recommend piercing the other side.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I have my lobes pierced 8 times in total and once in the cartilage at the top of the ear and the only one that caused me any problems was the top of the ear because I kept taking it out for work. These were all done about 15 to 20 years ago in a small family run jewellry store in my home town. Every thing was properly cleaned, maybe not to hospital standard but there was a bit of pride in their work knowing that you would have no problems with the piercings.

I got my nipple done in a piercing studio about 5 years ago and that caused me no problems either. I was done with a blade. Very professional job.

I think the main problem now is that people are not properly trained to use them. Also, some people don't know how to care for a fresh piercing and cause themselves problems that otherwise wouldn't occur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

all my ear piercings were done with a gun

3 lobe piercings (one each each)
    top of each ear
    and half way up my ear (opposite my tragus) on the left ear

Never had a problem/infection!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i got my tragus done with the gun twice, the first time the stud ripped out and the 2nd time within 2 days of having it done the side of my face had swollen up and i was in ridiculous pain!!
    got it done with a needle a few weeks ago and havent had a problem with it!
    i havent had too much trouble with any other gun piercings, except cartilage, but thats a given!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cupcake_Crisis - What'd ya get done in Georges Arcade at the weekend? ;):p

SUUUUUUUSH!!!!! :D
    i dont even know what the thing i got pierced was called....but my god, that old woman violated me in ways i never knew possible.....:confused:

Well I didn't wanna go over and interrupt, but I did give ya a warning wave of the finger! :D:p

Where's the piercing, we'll help ya name it.

it was a forward helix!! i used my magical research skiils to find that out ;)

• Advertisement

Jaysus, you let her do a cartilage piercing on you??? O_o

at least she didnttry to do it with a gun!!!!!!!
    it could be sooooo much worse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

she made you mark the bloody thing!i seen the look of fear in your face!

that was a look of......excited anticipation.......and u cant talk woman!!!
    u got ur ears pierced there!!

then why did you look like you wanted to cry!i got them done again the day after as well.......i think i have a problem

my face always looks like that.......
    you do have a problem.....ur a horrible person!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

Nothing wrong with Georges Arcade...nothing right with it either...but in saying that I got my belly button (how crazy am i) done there years ago,no probelms there!

i dont think id trust them with anything other than my ear lol!!
    ur braver than i am ! :D

i dont think id trust them with anything other than my ear lol!!
    ur braver than i am ! :D

Haha...when I say it was back in the day,i mean back in the day,think I was 13 or something..they een asked to ring my mam but happen to be my mate down the road pretending to be her..I could of sworn a mate of mine got her tongue pierced there 2.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bettiedaviseyes

I had my nose pierced twice and it never healed up properly.The first time was with a needle and the second time with a gun.Is there any place that I can get this done so that it would heal properly??

• Advertisement

for the nose piercings, ur nose just might not want to be pierced lol some times they can just be hard to heal, id say give it another go, preferably with a needle, and power through until its all healed up!

there was a guy there on saturday gettin his tongue pierced...i was like dude!!!! UR CRAZY!!! they made him ring his mam and they guy was like 'ur son may die..' WHO DOES THAT?????

my sister got her tongue done in there about 2 weeks ago.it healed really well and all.but i slapped her when i found out where she got it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bettiedaviseyes

Can anyone recommend a piercing parlour where I could get my nose piercing done??
    Nearly killed me when I had to take it out. Really liked it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

bodyshock templebar, v piercing near the four courts.. so many places
    wildcat on stephens green and abbey street, snakebite on abbey street also
    to name but a few

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IndigoStarr

I cannot believe anyone would get pierced in George's Street Arcade. My little sister's friend got second lobe piercings there and they got so inflamed and sore that she had to take them out. They were all inflamed and sore two months after getting them done!
    Dodgy place!

there was a guy there on saturday gettin his tongue pierced...i was like dude!!!! UR CRAZY!!! they made him ring his mam and they guy was like 'ur son may die..' WHO DOES THAT?????

HAHA im sure his mother and father had no probelm with him having it done after hearing that o_O Havent been near georges arcade in ages,is it still you go behind there stand and sit in what looked as tho it should have been there toliet room :rolleyes:

i always get my ears done there,ive never had problems but thats just me

when i went in, iwas just this really tiny metal room with a mirror and a computer chair lol!
    the old lady was so rough lol, then she handed me the marker and said 'u have lots of piercings, u mark it'.....i was like WHAAAAA????
    still, its healing up grand, and looks really cool, so i cant complain!
    SARA-ANNE, u shud complain about ur crooked ears lol!! :D

shut up or il tell people about you ad your count down trampoline incident:P

• Advertisement

IT SAID TRAMPOLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement