Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco Exams

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Handy Site for Testing your subnet knowledge

hxxp://www.subnettingquestions.com/default_int.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

i noticed the price at the start of the thread was 130 for CCNA exam but when i tried to book it today it's showing as 183 +VAT bringing it to 220 or so Euro ? is this correct..quite a leap in a few months..?

oh well inflation i guess, just went ahead and booked for monday next 1st September ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

pyzon wrote: »
    oh well inflation i guess, just went ahead and booked for monday next 1st September ! :)

Best of luck pyzon!

thanks! I'll post how it went.

I heard from a colleague who was at a cisco course that there is a 2nd exam free if you fail the first? I've asked for hte details on this but has anyone heard of this recently?

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

pyzon wrote: »
    thanks! I'll post how it went.

I heard from a colleague who was at a cisco course that there is a 2nd exam free if you fail the first? I've asked for hte details on this but has anyone heard of this recently?

cheers.
    Take a look at this:
    http://www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/comeback/

Thanks axer that's fantastic.

well did the CCNA this morning and got 928 so quite pleased.

Pass was 825 out of 48 questions.

Exam wasn't as bad as I expected so onto CCNP..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Well done pyzon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Congrats!

• Advertisement

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

Quick questions for those who sat the CCNA exam lately. What topics were you simulator questions on? Anybody get\hear of simulator questions using the new GUIs SDM or CNA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭RadarControl

Chris Bryant a CCIE who is the intructor for the Trainsignal training videos is posting CCNA labs on Youtube. I have found him to very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Oisintarrant

I know this thread as been hibernating for a while, but just found it, and having read threw it seems like some people here have a good understanding of the Cisco certificates. To be honest, im dying to do the CCNA but having gone on the cisco website and searched for info on doing the exam, everytime I ended either back at the web page I started on, or completely confused. Does anyone have advice on where to find out where to do the exam, what questions come up and the cost?

I know this thread as been hibernating for a while, but just found it, and having read threw it seems like some people here have a good understanding of the Cisco certificates. To be honest, im dying to do the CCNA but having gone on the cisco website and searched for info on doing the exam, everytime I ended either back at the web page I started on, or completely confused. Does anyone have advice on where to find out where to do the exam, what questions come up and the cost?

Most of what you want to know can be found from the CCNA page on cisco.com

http://cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html

The CCNA can be obtained by passing one exam(640-802) or two exams(640-816 and 640-822)

On the link above you can click on the links for any of those exams and find more info on the following pages such as the exam topics, recommended books and where to do the exam.

You can do the exam through pearson vue (http://pearsonvue.com/). You'd go onto their site, pick the exam you want to do and the exam location.

The questions that come up will be from the exam topics which are covered in the books.

Their are practice questions online, in the books and on the CD's that accompany the books. Their are also sample questions on cisco.com that show the various format of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Oisintarrant

Thanks!

Ive ordered the 4 CCNA books kit on ebay for about 25 euro delighted!

When I saw Perasonvue.com the first time, it just seemed like some kind of advertising, I have registered with them now. Since Im waiting on the books to arrive, how long would you think it would take to study for this exam (exams) and which is prefered. (a rough guesstimate is all im after!)

Ive covered the stuff before in college from what I can see from the demo questions etc so a whole bunch of revising planned.

I have a personal deadline of the end of May. Im also doing the Sun Java exam, so the study will be for both. All ehlp is greatly appreciated as I really want to get these done, even as a personal fulfilment!

Quick edit... nevermind, just found this..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055627257

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know the differences between the old ccna exam(640-802) and the new one (200-120)? The old one can only be taken up to September 30th.
    I know some of the stuff from the old one, so might use it as a target to work towards, as I'm sure the new one will have a lot of new stuff in it

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

Anyone know the differences between the old ccna exam(640-802) and the new one (200-120)? The old one can only be taken up to September 30th.
    I know some of the stuff from the old one, so might use it as a target to work towards, as I'm sure the new one will have a lot of new stuff in it

Good break down done by CBT Nuggets.

Advertisement