Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Public Transport Links to/from KK city

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Well, I'm open to correction but afaik, these day-savers are available on line @ Irishrail.ie
    E.g., 10-Euro One-Way from Waterford to Dublin and 10-Euro back.
    I've done it & I board & disembark at one of the intervening or intermediate stations like Muine Bheag/Bagenalstown where the fare is 25 Monthly Return (still ondly 2 journeys; what a joke!).
    It makes sense financially from Waterford, Thomastown, Kilkenny & Muine Bheag/Bagenalstown especially if you're going up & coming down same day. Not sure if it's a saving from Carlow/Athy.
    Can't see anything wrong with it as it's valid on Waterford-Dublin route. Which all the above stations are on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Well, I'm open to correction but afaik, these day-savers are available on line @ Irishrail.ie
    E.g., 10-Euro One-Way from Waterford to Dublin and 10-Euro back.
    I've done it & I board & disembark at one of the intervening or intermediate stations like Muine Bheag/Bagenalstown where the fare is 25 Monthly Return (still ondly 2 journeys; what a joke!).
    It makes sense financially from Waterford, Thomastown, Kilkenny & Muine Bheag/Bagenalstown especially if you're going up & coming down same day. Not sure if it's a saving from Carlow/Athy.
    Can't see anything wrong with it as it's valid on Waterford-Dublin route. Which all the above stations are on.

Thanks again. Though they don't seem to have any deals for KK [or Waterford] to Dublin atm.

Advertisement