Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 22nd

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

elmolesto wrote: »
    I missed it:mad:

Is there any way I can watch it online?

BBC iplayer should have it.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 watch-man

doesn't have it yet. how long do the beep take to put something up on iplayer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The BBC iPlayer is not much use outside the UK though.

It is repeated though.
    MOTORING: Top Gear
    On: BBC 2 Northern Ireland (Digital) (102)
    Date: Friday 27th June 2008 (starting in 4 days)
    Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

The very latest Top Gear news and views from the team. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May apply their minds to the question of what car the British police should drive. The Top Gear crew set out to buy a bargain priced police cruiser that can take part in a dramatic chase without fear of costing the tax payer a packet if it gets broken. Plus, the Reasonably Priced Car welcomes a pair of stars in the contrasting shapes of the Friday Night Project's Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins.
    (Stereo, Repeat, Widescreen, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

It doesn't work outside the UK plus they don't have the new episode yet.

Any other idea?

I tried youtube but no luck yet:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I enjoyed it. It is good to have it back. I would love to know what the pic that was shown before the crash on the cliff.

Alan Carr does my head in. Stereotype anyone!

The editing however on the cop episode was poor as it showed the stinger on the Suzuki even after it had it had "fallen off". Kind of shows up how edited the show really is.

Even with all that it is still one of the best shows on TV. I also watch it on Dave :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lads, no discussion of where to download copyrighted material is allowed. Also discussion of how to circumvent the security measures on BBC iplayer will not be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 watch-man

ah, blow me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

loved the dave mentions.

other than that it wasn't a brilliant show, still good to have it back though.

watch-man wrote: »
    ah, blow me

LOL. You will last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And that's the last we'll see of him round these parts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I didn't think it was great. It was only all right and the line up for the rest of the season dosen't seem great:(
    I loved james sirens though!
    And why in Gods name would they have 2 bumbusters that nobody ever heard of?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Plug wrote: »
    And why in Gods name would they have 2 bumbusters that nobody ever heard of?

How has nobody heard of Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How has nobody heard of Alan Carr and Justin Lee Collins?

They don't watch enough Channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

The Top Gear thread in the motors forum has been closed so I thought I would share my opinions here......

I have been a fan of Top Gear for years and have always liked the "new" formula........but.....it's becoming a bit stale now and I was hoping they would come up with some new stuff for this series.

The "Star in a car" segment can be entertaining (depending on the guest.....Yeah, Rich Hall is a legend) but it is dangerously close to becoming a bit of airtime for f**kwit "celebs" to plug their new record, TV show, aftershave or whatever.

I like Clarkson but jeez.....give us a break.....the show might as well be renamed "Jeremy Clarkson kisses Ferrari's A*se for an hour"

IMO a greater variety of cars should be on the show and Hammond & May getting more time on their own reviews......they are both much more entertaining than Clarkson.

Let's hope they do better with the rest of the series.....I love the challenges/races they have against each other so more of them please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd agree that the show has become a bit stale, but for me the rot began to set in during the last series. The show now just feels too scripted - case in point being "oliver" from last season, last night Hamster's police car had forced comedy sketch written all over it - you can almost feel the writers (the three lads?) trying to ponder how to make it more wacky.

Personally, I'd like them to return the show to where it was 3 or 4 years ago, when they had the perfect balance between content, comedy and challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Personally, I'd like them to return the show to where it was 3 or 4 years ago, when they had the perfect balance between content, comedy and challenges.

+1

The show has become a sketch show with flash motors. its still entertaining an ill still watch it with religious following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I havn't read this thread since the new series started so I'll just say that its been longer than I can remember that I actually cried laughing but it happened when Hammonds hairdresser-special disgraced itself on the track, perfectly executed sunday night entertainment - except for the "Star..." bit which was long winded.

Okay, I'll read the thread now :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

that backwards jump stunt looked super fcuking dangerous, id be surprised if the stuntman wasnt pretty badly injured after that! it looked like all he had for protection was his seat belt!

as a show, it was ok, not great. but not bad either.

Roar wrote: »
    that backwards jump stunt looked super fcuking dangerous, id be surprised if the stuntman wasnt pretty badly injured after that! it looked like all he had for protection was his seat belt!

as a show, it was ok, not great. but not bad either.
    They should have tryed that in a merc cls it has 2 speed reverse.

• Advertisement

Tbh, I didn't see the point of that stunt.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Tbh, I didn't see the point of that stunt.
    TBh I don't see the point of topgear. Still brilliant though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The point of the stunt is that there was no point.

Mike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I think the real question we should be asking is why would there just happen to have been a conveniently placed pile of carboard boxes just off the track for Hammond's lap in his Suzuki Police Car?
    :D

Conveniently placed by Hammond to add extra pezazz to his lap.

Indeed. Anything is a bonus when your driving a 1.6 hair salon.

May didn't do much last night?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Plug wrote: »
    May didn't do much last night?:(

not really. was mighty impressed with the RS6 though. some overtaking power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Sh1t Forgot to Sky+ it:pac:

Friday at nine

• Advertisement
Advertisement