Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Irelands votes no....

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

My word.

That's the largest FACT! I've ever seen.

Try this one

FACT!!!!!!!!!!

Feck, it only goes to size 7.

But you see the point.

The government wanted a yes. The whole abortion /conscription/investigation/polls/talking to the electorate thing was a sham.

The government was always going to run Lisbon 2.

Even your mate Scofflaw says it's so.

Accept it Oscar and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Are you under the impression that dresden8 is interested in a grown-up conversation?

Well, I can do my half - it's up to him whether he wants to do his.
    The government wanted a yes. The whole abortion /conscription/investigation/polls/talking to the electorate thing was a sham.

The government was always going to run Lisbon 2.

That's right. The government thinks the best choice is Yes. It's up to them to persuade us of that, so they want to know what our problem with that is. We're not being asked to simply flip a coin here, and we're not being asked to decide what kind of sweeties we want.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Well, I can do my half - it's up to him whether he wants to do his.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I thought we agreed, the government was going to run Lisbon 2. You didn't have to be in contact with "the other side" to see the way the wind was blowing.

The "other side" aren't the "No" side by the way.

I like it though when you catch somebody out and they insist you're childish.

It's like a whole new variation on the Emperor's Clothes.

It's your fault you caught me out, not mine, etc. etc.

Scofflaw wrote: »

That's right. The government thinks the best choice is Yes. It's up to them to persuade us of that, so they want to know what our problem with that is. We're not being asked to simply flip a coin here, and we're not being asked to decide what kind of sweeties we want.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

So, you're admitting, the government, who a lot of people on this forum insist we should trust on the basis they're the great and the good, who we can believe in, have run a sham for the last eight months or so to flim-flam us into a "Yes" vote.

Sounds like a basis for a new "No" vote poster and campaign.

Thanks for that.

dresden8 wrote: »
    So, you're admitting, the government, who a lot of people on this forum insist we should trust on the basis they're the great and the good, who we can believe in, have run a sham for the last eight months or so to flim-flam us into a "Yes" vote.

Thanks for that.

Happy to help - although I'm slightly surprised you hadn't come up with it by yourself, obviously.

Were you under the impression that the government didn't actually care which way we voted? Or perhaps shouldn't?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Thanks for that.

I you're looking for anything else from politics you're looking in the wrong place. Smoke and mirrors is the politicians modus operandi for honest politician don't get elected. Many will say the people appreciate honesty when the political reality is exactly the opposite. Religion is based upon the same premise. We really are a flawed species when you think about it.

That's what I'm saying, they're a lying shower of f*ckers.

How can anybody on this forum say "If you don't know, trust your elected politicians and vote Yes".

The lying sh1ts.

How can anybody on this forum say "If you don't know, trust your elected politicians and vote Yes".

The lying sh1ts.

I doubt anyone who frequents a politics forum would. I'm genuinely surprised anyone thought anything different.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

The lying sh1ts.

I could not name one person that said anything remotely similar to that. But the old NO slogan is on about the same level "If you don't know, vote NO". People who don't know what they are voting on should not vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

But what of our fact-finding Oireachtas commission?

The polls and discussions the government had with the electorate?

What of Cowen's hard fought negotiations with Europe to secure our second referendum?

You're not saying they were a charade are you?
    Not so much a charade as an exercise in nonsensery; let's assure the Irish electorate that these issues, which shall in no way be affected by the Lisbon treaty, will in fact be in no way affected by the Lisbon treaty.
    So, you're admitting, the government, who a lot of people on this forum insist we should trust on the basis they're the great and the good, who we can believe in...
    Perhaps you could point out a few of this "lot" who have made such outlandish comments, preferably with reference to the offending posts?

• Advertisement

When I can be arsed, I'll find them.

I hope you don't think I've dreamed them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

When I can be arsed, I'll find them.

I hope you don't think I've dreamed them up.
    Point is, I doubt you'll find many posters who "trust" the government, whether they voted 'Yes' to Lisbon or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

noone will admit to trusting politicians in a forum

but yet we keep democratically electing them over and over for the last while, tho things could be alot worse > imagine a shady organization like libertas with dubious military links directing the country (some might stay they already bought our democracy on the cheap for under a million)

so quit complaining that a government elected by the people keeps asking the people to make a decision that will affect the future direction of this country for the better or worse

if ireland ends up being an outsider in europe and all the businesses pack the bags and go, dont complaint that we weren't given a vote (twice) when your peeling the potatoes and remembering the "good olde days" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

djpbarry wrote: »
    Point is, I doubt you'll find many posters who "trust" the government, whether they voted 'Yes' to Lisbon or not.
    No, trusting the government is more for people in real life.

Advertisement