Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland AM on TV3... (Mod Warning: See Post 221)

Options
  • 29-04-2008 1:45pm

...not sure where Sinead Desmond has gone, but that pleasant girl Elaine Crowley is back this week. She is a bit like Collette Fitzpatrick, a perfectly amiable presenter for that time of the morning, but for some reason shunted off to make way for Sinead. Sinead has improved a lot in the past year, she seems pleasant...she has great legs...but the accent and the attempt to look like she's asking serious questions are just too much to take. How or why did TV3 not give the gig to Crowley or Fitzpatrick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Who's the one who presents the news? Get her back on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Conor74 wrote: »
    that pleasant girl Elaine Crowley is back this week.

She’s dresses like she’s going to a funeral everyday (she wears the same clothes allot) and looks just awkward on that couch. Some one should tell her to dress in the daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Agreed, E C is a far superior presenter to tabloid bint. You gotta agree that Clare Brock on news is a fox though !!!!!!!

They should give Claire Brock, Sharon Tobin or Siobhan Bastible a go on the couch and see if they have a personality and then decide if they need a change. Status and lenght of time at TV3 seems to take priority when chosing people for positions instead of talent and suitability for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

Wasnt Sinead Desmond brought in from outside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Was she cold?

humanji wrote: »
    Was she cold?
    Shes ice now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Sinead looks a lot better since she started Ireland AM anarl. She looked like a doll with too much make-up on a couple of years back but she is stunning now. She is nee Elaine Crowley mind. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I think Siobhan Bastible is gorgeous. Hopefully she'll get a bigger gig in TV3 than the news so I can see her more often ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Sinead Desmond had a brain haemorrhage, which is why she's off Ireland AM at the mo. I like her, think she's quite warm. In fact, I like 'em all except for Mark Cagney. He is the WORST interviewer I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

I HATE the programme. I especially hate the way that Mark Cagney and that Alan Hughes pontificate over the papers in the morning.
    Bugs the hell out of me the way Hughes comes in and goes "Morning" before settling in to provide the viewers with their opinions on the news stories.

Unfortunately theres no competition at that time in the morning if you want to catch up with the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Unfortunately theres no competition at that time in the morning if you want to catch up with the news.

I find RTÉ's teletext service has both more warmth and character than IAM. Not quite as colourful though...

Sky Sports News first thing in the morning

Georgie Thompson, Millie Clode, Natalie Sawyer and a bitta Leeds United :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy01

Whatever about Mark Cagney , I can't stand Aidan Cooney..he's always stuffing his face with food or adding in some 'funny' comment...They should clear them all and bring in some new fresh talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

murphy01 wrote: »
    They should clear them all and bring in some new fresh talent

Sinead Desmond was a newcomer to TV and people on this forum still complained though.

I think they should give Siobhan Bastible a go. I would :D.

Sybil Mulcahy seems to have really settled into the position and appears to be twice the personality and presenter of Mark Cagney, The other boys seem to be put out and want their puppet Sinead back.

Sybil Mulcahy really surprised me and acts like shes being doing the job for years, and a much warmer personality that Cagney and Cooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Siobhan Bastible. I would :D.

That's what you wanted to say, right? ;)

That's what you wanted to say, right? ;)
    Most certainly!

Hot;)

someone start a thread about the tarts on xpose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

someone start a thread about the tarts on xpose

Which one?

There's about a dozen of them.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

I hate the whole running commentry about what the female presenters are wearing, such and such rang in to say your top is lovely, oh I got it in Sasha, plug send me some free stuff from Sasha.

They never wear anything good, always granny stuff.

Its real irish, imagine watching BBC breakfast and one presenter is saying to the other oh I love your blouse and she's saying oh I got it in M n S, it wouldn't be allowed, makes me sick.

Oh your got me started now, I hate the Odlums lady, theres only so much you can do with a bag of flour and I hate the soap reviews where they only do Corrie and Emerdale coz there the ones on TV3, on the whole TV3 is crap except for Judge Judy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭woody27

I actually enjoy the show i usually watch it between 7 and 8.
    I totally agree with green hornet on siobhan bastible she is a cracker and should be got out from behind that news desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

I don't think any of the presenters past or present are particularly special, and the clothes they were are a bit frumpy for my taste:confused:

That Odlums woman is a f*cking irritant, HATE her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sofasogood

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! The Odlums Lady rocks!!!! She's like my granny! She's well able for Cooney!

Have you seen the Coooney/Odlums Apres Match p*sstake on youtube? Hilrious!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-vMkEuF-sY&feature=related

Siobhan Bastible for President ;).

That skidmark on my television screen is back I see........... I'd love to kick her in the leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

the news element on the show is actually very handy in the morn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Morgans

Handier than radio?

Advertisement