Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Norris on Livin' With Lucy

Options
  • 28-04-2008 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Anyone see it tonight? I think he is so irritating:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I thought he was alright ,I'm sure a lot of the stuff he was doing was for the camera.

Its a great idea for a programme ,I think that girl lucy is great for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

He's an interesting guy but I thought the programme was terrible. Stupid cutscenes with annoying music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lobster wrote: »
    Norris is a laugh Lucy isn't She laughs like a donkey and she is also very amateurish. Did you hear the stupid comment she made when she was leaving, that Norris was very clued in for a 64 year old. At what age does she think people clue out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I still would though (Lucy not Norris)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well that'll be your homophobia bubbling up to the surface. Don't let it bother you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

May I suggest Control>Off

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Well that'll be your homophobia bubbling up to the surface. Don't let it bother you.

And that's your homophobiaphobia bubbling up. I don't like David Norris either. I find him irritating. I am not a homophobe. To assume that the only reason a gay person may be disliked is because of their sexuality is to reduce that person to one single defining trait. Sounds like a classic case of homophobiaphobia.

In case anyone's interested, I dislike David Norris because his voice irritates me among other reasons.

One thing I will say I admired was when he told Magill or whoever to feck off with their best dressed politician award. Nice

I still would though (Lucy not Norris)
    You still would what?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You still would what?

I think he meant have the sexy time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Norris is irritatingly camp... but seems like a genuinely decent, funny and down to earth bloke.

Lucy Kennedy is still a fecking asshat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Quite funny I thought..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

There is always one :rolleyes:

Hmm. I worked with a guy who I think is a complete and utter twat. He is gay. He is so camp he could sh1te a tent out his arse. I disliked him because

a- His camp prancing about/demeanour is annoying.

b- He was one of the laziest people Ive ever had the misfortune of working with, I broke my balls yet because he was slightly senior to me he still got paid more than me (5 odd grand a year)

Now, replace all of the above with the following

"I worked with a guy who I think is a complete and utter twat. He is a skanger. I disliked him because

a- His scumbag waffling "aww jaysus buuddddd, awwww marouveh, awww *insert generic Adrian Kennedy caller talk here* "

b- He was one of the laziest people Ive ever had the misfortune of working with"

Would you bring up your PC guff in that situation, or just because the OP doesnt like a person who happens to be gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

311 wrote: »

Its a great idea for a programme ,I think that girl lucy is great for it.

It's just a BS rip off of Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends. Once again, RTE is about 10 years behind the rest of the world.

javaboy wrote: »
    I think he meant have the sexy time. :D

OMG he want's to have sex with Norris.

If I'd added :D would it have helped people to realise I was joking???

:rolleyes:

He said Lucy not Norris. He's probably a homophobe going by AnonoBoy :rolleyes:;)

If I'd added :D would it have helped people to realise I was joking???

:rolleyes:

Too late. You'll be forever branded a homophobophobe :rolleyes::D:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

AnonoBoy you are completely wrong about me, you were the first person in this thread to mention homophobia. You don't know me so you shouldn't have made that comment. I just find him irritating.
    He does seem decent enough, just a bit hyper for my liking. I'm sure a lot of it was for the camera though. Wonder is he a morning person!

Too late. You'll be forever branded a homophobophobe :rolleyes::D:D;)

Ah ****e. This always happens.

Well.... off out with me to burn some crosses and lynch up some nancy boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No I was on about yore ma

• Advertisement

Oh didn't realise you were joking!

Ok didn't realise you were joking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Ok didn't realise you were joking!

With the small but vocal minority of PC dickheads here it is hard toi differentiate sometimes.

Sorry AnonoBoy :) However I really wouldnt be surprised at certain folk here. Though the waffle does seem to have died down after a few people were banned for throwing racism accusations at people who said whatever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

In case anyone's interested, I dislike David Norris because his voice irritates me among other reasons.
    OMG! thats so intolerant - gay people didn't 'choose' to have that funny voice, they were born like that. Homophobe :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

So how long into the ep was it before Norris realised he wasn't on a date with a male drag artist? :confused:

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    With the small but vocal minority of PC dickheads here it is hard toi differentiate sometimes.

Sorry AnonoBoy :) However I really wouldnt be surprised at certain folk here. Though the waffle does seem to have died down after a few people were banned for throwing racism accusations at people who said whatever....
    My apologies also:o boy do I feel stupid:p

No I was on about yore ma
    What! you want to ride your ma.

So how long into the ep was it before Norris realised he wasn't on a date with a male drag artist? :confused:
    It was when he tried to grab her by the nut's and realised she had none. Good question her face really like a drag queens.:eek:

Gee shucks guys - apologies accepted.

Joke's on you though - I really am a homophobe!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like Norris. Sometimes his jokes are a little cringy but he's having fun and enjoying his life so I think he's great.

Lucy seems to have problems interacting in a socially-acceptable manner. Not that I interact in a socially-acceptable manner but I don't tell people I've just met plus a television audience that 'a little bit of wee just came out' when I find a joke funny!

Advertisement