Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sophie Lancaster's Killers Get LIFE !

Options
  • 28-04-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Some of you may have heard about this case last summer. Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend Robert Maltby were attacked by a gang of Chavs in a park in Preston, England because they were dressed as Goths. Sophie was kicked repeatedly in the head trying to rescue her boyfriend, and later died in Hospital.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1042847_guilty_verdict_in_sophie_killing

2 of the scumbags involved in the killing just got sentenced to life today, the others involved were sentenced to a variety of terms in custody.

The most despicable aspect of this crime, is that the parents of the scumbag murderers were criticised by police several times, for laughing and joking with their scumbag sons about the case, throughout the investigation, however, the same parents cried as the verdicts were read out today.

Well Boo F*cking Hoo Hoo!!

Lets hope they have a nice time in jail..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Throw away the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Finally, something vaguely resembling justice. Hope this is the beginning of a trend that extends to these shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Sherifu wrote: »
    Throw away the key.

People always say this every time a rapist/murderer/tv license dodger is caught but there a few disadvantages:
    • 40-60 years later, we'd have a smelly corpse rotting in the cell.
    • You can't chuck more dirtbags in with them - inefficient use of resources
    • The lock would have to be changed when they have served their life sentence i.e. they are dead - expensive
    • There's often a master key in prisons so in theory since this can open the cell, it should also be thrown away. So now you've no master key.
    • The key that you have thrown away could easily fall into the wrong hands and be used in a breakout. If you really insist on discarding the key, at least have it destroyed properly.
    • And another thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good stuff, animals like them should never be released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

marcsignal wrote: »
    the parents of the scumbag murderers were criticised by police several times, for laughing and joking with their scumbag sons about the case, throughout the investigation, however, the same parents cried as the verdicts were read out today.
    Heh, lol :) Maybe now they have a tiny, tiny inkling of what that girl's family and friends are going through.

Poor thing. What an unimaginably horrible way to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Miss Lancaster cried for them to stop as she cradled her boyfriend’s head on her lap.

Her plea went unheeded as Herbert delivered a volley kick to her face, with Harris joining in to kick and stamp on her head as she lay on the ground.

When paramedics arrived and found the couple lying side by side covered in blood, they could not tell what sex she was such was the severity of the injuries to her face. The pattern of some footwear was still on her head.
    The cruelty involved here is just sickening. Hopefully the scumbags responsible will never see the light of day again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

The suspects in the killings of those polish guys in Dublin were supposedly 15/16 and there was talk of them being too young to be tried as adults but this does'nt seem to be case in UK. I think for such serious crimes 14/15 is age when you should be tried as adult. No suprise these scumags turned out this way if the reported behaviour of the parents during trial is true.

I remember in early ninties my mates(male) who were "rockers/thrashers" with long hair etc used to get beaten up by the "ravers" who had short hair and were generally more likely to be working class scumbags just for being different. Things never change. Mods and Rockers another example but this case is sheer scumbaggery from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Messages of Sympathy and Support for Sophie's Family, surviving Boyfriend, and other Friends can be left by those of you on MySpace by following the link below.

http://www.myspace.com/inmemoryofsophie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sophie Lancaster's Killers Get LIFE !

\o/

One bit of good news to-day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

The frightening thing about this is..

in the ages of rocker, mod, goth, raver, new romantic etc...

I don't ever remember hearing about any group murdering another, or am I wrong?

What the fuk is breeding these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And yet we criticise the chinese for recycling people like this. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

People Like This Should Be Cut In Seven

Edit: the anti-Cruise Control setting on boards just ruined my sarcasm.

Second edit: in seriousness, this is messed up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

While I know we live a seriously f**ked up world reading about this case is very disturbing.
    Miss Lancaster cried for them to stop as she cradled her boyfriend’s head on her lap.

Her plea went unheeded as Herbert delivered a volley kick to her face, with Harris joining in to kick and stamp on her head as she lay on the ground.

I hope these guys rot - unfortunately they will get pampered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How long is a life sentance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Soylent Green.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    How long is a life sentance?
    30 years

The scumbags can look forward to arts and crafts at weekends :mad:

Young Offenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Reading these sort of stories daily, there are only so many things you can say in response to them. These guys simply aren't human; they're animals. I wouldn't wish revenge on them, but I would wish that Prison involved daily back breaking manual labor, barely adequate provisions and the bare essentials to maintain life. ..Arts and Crafts. Joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The scumbags can look forward to arts and crafts at weekends :mad:

I'd much rather swap my freedom for an hour of arts and crafts on the weekends :rolleyes:

I wonder if she was emo, would the sentancing have been less harsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Scum. I only hope the worst things that can happen to you in prison do happen them. Totally unprovoked... jesus I mean even most scumbags would draw the line at hitting girls, much less stampiing on them. their idiot parents arent laughing now, are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Jail is a waste of time and resources for people like these. They're only worth wasting a bullet on tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

So disturbing reading that :(

Bastards. At least some sort of justice has been gotten for her family.

Reading these sort of stories daily, there are only so many things you can say in response to them. These guys simply aren't human; they're animals. I wouldn't wish revenge on them, but I would wish that Prison involved daily back breaking manual labor, barely adequate provisions and the bare essentials to maintain life. ..Arts and Crafts. Joke.

+1

There's a Lovely place down the road from me here, where I'd love to see those bastards spending their Life Sentences

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/23565/48746.JPG

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/23565/48744.JPG

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/23565/48745.JPG

Such a pity Irish & British jails are not like this, considering we're the only ones in Europe blighted by 'Chav Scumbaggery'
    It would be an Art and a Craft just trying to stay alive in here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

Were they tried as adults? Doesn't say in the article.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

marcsignal wrote: »
    Such a pity Irish & British jails are not like this, considering we're the only ones in Europe blighted by 'Chav Scumbaggery'

Yeah... all clean-living folk outside of the islands :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

bug wrote: »
    The frightening thing about this is..

in the ages of rocker, mod, goth, raver, new romantic etc...

I don't ever remember hearing about any group murdering another, or am I wrong?

What the fuk is breeding these days?

Watch "Quadrophinia" - Mods & rockers used to have gang fights.

Read Ronnie Woods autobiography, he talks about it too.

Yeah... all clean-living folk outside of the islands :confused:

Oh don't misunderstand me, mainland Europe is certainly not Nirvava, by any means, but generally speaking, if you choose to indulge in Anti-Social Behaviour, the Police are on you like a rash, and you WILL pay the FULL price for your antics.
    No discussion, No debate, No bleeding heart liberal 'but he came from a broken home' crapology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Bambi wrote: »
    And yet we criticise the chinese for recycling people like this. :confused:
    What?
    These guys simply aren't human; they're animals. I wouldn't wish revenge on them, but I would wish that Prison involved
    Don't insult animals. I'd be surprised if any breed of animal was capable of such savagery for no reason.
    joejoem wrote: »
    Watch "Quadrophinia" - Mods & rockers used to have gang fights.

Read Ronnie Woods autobiography, he talks about it too.
    Yeah but Bug was saying he/she never heard of anyone being killed as a result of such rivalry. Meh, I don't think it's a new thing. There have always been horrible violent scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The future A Clockwork Orange depicted is, to an extent, quite accurate.

Advertisement