Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Ditties that stay with you forever.

Options
  • 27-04-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

About ten minutes ago, for absolutely no reason, the song off of the old Crunchy Nut cornflakes came into my head and just wouldn't go away.

They're tasty, tasty, very very tasty....They're very tasty.

Strange how this just popped back in there after so many years of having not even thought about it. I don't even like crunchy nut cornflakes. Another one that just wont go away is a song called "forever young" by Alphaville that my oldest brother used to play years ago. I hated the song, but even now after about 15 years, every now and then it just crops up again and stays in my humming mechanisms for about two days.

You ever have these type of odd little tunes that just appear now and then for no reason?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shake and Vac tune and Cadburys Fruit and Nut bar ('eeeeveryones a fruit and nut case!') is one I just sang in the middle of dinner yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Archeron wrote: »
    About ten minutes ago, for absolutely no reason, the song off of the old Crunchy Nut cornflakes came into my head and just wouldn't go away.

They're tasty, tasty, very very tasty....They're very tasty.

Strange how this just popped back in there after so many years of having not even thought about it.

They've started re-running that ad. You probably heard it while not paying any attention to the tv.

Misleading title btw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Bran flakes, not crunchy nut corn flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hmm... Only ones I can think of are:

Theme to Sharkey & George.

Brian Adams - Everything I Do (was released around the time my long-term memory kicked in)

Not sure if it counts, but the dialogue from Kit Kat ad (the one where the barber shaves the logo onto yer mans head). Saw it a few months ago and was able to mouth it all, word for word.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Archeron

2Scoops wrote: »
    Bran flakes, not crunchy nut corn flakes.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Hmm... Only ones I can think of are:

Theme to Sharkey & George.
    Used to love that cartoon :)

One annoying jingle I couldnt get out of my head - "Any old iron, any old iron, any any any old iron..." Grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit....

Them bones, them bones...

Hope it's chips...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

We were both 15. Her ditties are all grown up now but theyre with me forever in my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Archeron wrote: »
    a song called "forever young" by Alphaville that my oldest brother used to play years ago.

I had my mp3 player on random and this song came on, hadnt heard it in years!

Mine is the old club ads "If ya like a lotta chocolate on yer biscuit, join our club!"

Pops into my head from time to time for some reason :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I always have the "Denver the Last Dinosaur" theme tune in my head, even though it's 15-20 years since I saw it last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

I always have the "Denver the Last Dinosaur" theme tune in my head, even though it's 15-20 years since I saw it last.

And now so do I. Damn you. Damn you all to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

caoibhin wrote: »

:D Same here... Went out with a bird many moons ago who had small ditties, still bounce back (no pun intended) into the memory banks now and again... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

the pennys has a lot of things for christmas but it was somone got a hole in their head for christmas,the oul west belfast patter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

only the crumbliest flakiest chocolate....hmm chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Washing machines live longer with Calgon!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Bang and the dirt is gone!

"50/50 cashback, 50/50 cashback, it's half price gas, it's half price gas!" Popped into my head last week for no reason whatsoever!

"If you're gonna have a cuppa have a Club"

"The red car and the blue car had a race, all red wants to do is stuff his face"

The Christmas Penneys ad mentioned already, though I remember when it was on TV! :eek:

"Them bones them bones need, calcium!"

Plenty more where they came from. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Kimberly Mikado.....

...and one of my personal favs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIzL2ejMcYk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

a finger of fudge is just enough..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

theres tons of stuff like that in "retro"

mna mna muppets version does it for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

fifty fifty cashback, fifty fifty cashback, it's half price gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There is an ad over here in the UK for some power company. I don't know the name of the song but it has an electronic ditty with the words well talk about it talk about talk about it talk about it!

Every morning the ad plays and leaves me humming it for hours...... gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I always just start randomly humming or whistling things like this.

Started humming the Zelda theme for no reason the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"All that chocolate and all that chew,
    Just right for you, the Riesen chocolate chew,
    There's always a reason to count on you,
    And always a Riesen for a chocolate chew!

Riesen........the chocolate chew."

And no I didn't need to look it up :o

Give 'im a lift........give 'im a lift........Give 'im a lift to reach the cookie

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Manamana doo doo doo do do

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QTXyXuqfBLA

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm not just saying it because he is popular again but I am always humming the Indiana Jones theme song, particularly when snowboarding for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Karsini wrote: »
    "The red car and the blue car had a race, all red wants to do is stuff his face"

My favourite along with, you do the shake and Vac and put the freshness back..

The Haribo song (more the tune, after all this time I still dont know the words!!)

Olé Olé Olé Olé!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The match of the Day theme tune.... classic!!!!

Advertisement