Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Rock N' Roll death?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

nipplenuts wrote: »
    You scored 8 out of 10

hmmm, rock and roll deaths....

Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth of the black metal band Mayhem was stabbed to death in his underwear by Varg Vikernes of Burzum allegedly over royalties
    as aarseth owned his record label.
    it gets better...
    wikipedia wrote:
    After Aarseth's murder Mayhem released their album De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Before the release Euronymous' mother had asked Hellhammer, Mayhem's drummer, to remove the bassline recorded by Vikernes. Although Blomberg promised to personally re-record the bass parts, in truth he had no idea how to and the final album retained Vikernes' contributions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

"You can't dust for vomit":D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

not to mention suicides :(

oh,a nd did you scroll down to the bottom of the page? there's a little question to see if the page has changed your mind,a nd if yout hink you should live a good christian life and if you select no, it brings you to more pages to scare you into christianity :D

Just tried it there. Bunch of mad scaremongers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Got 8 out of ten but Mama Cass actually had a heart attack and didn't coke on a sandwich, urban myth. However she died in the same flat as Keith Moon.

Lynard Skynard really win for the most rock and roll deaths.

The Dead Milkmen do a song called "Air Crash Museum", it is about pickling the various musicians that died in plane crashes and you guessed it, opening a museum

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ham Sandwhich ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth of the black metal band Mayhem was stabbed to death in his underwear by Varg Vikernes of Burzum allegedly over royalties
    as aarseth owned his record label.
    it gets better...
    You have just come home to find that your house/band mate has blown his head off with a shotgun. Do you:
    a) Call the police/ambulance
    b) Run to the nearest shop, buy a disposable camera come home and take pictures.
    c) take pieces of skull to make necklaces out of to give to your friends
    d)Use some suculent pieces of brain to make a stew

Answer: b,c,d

Picture was later used, in full colour on the cover of a Mayhem bootleg. It's way too graphic to post here.

You're score is 9 out of 10

Marc Bolan, travelling in a mini driven by his girlfriend, which she crashed into a tree. Women drivers eh?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Kipperhell wrote: »
    Lynard Skynard really win for the most rock and roll deaths.

Dunno bout that... How is dying in a plane crash rock n roll? Bit too random IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

chuci wrote: »
    +1 that or the fattest woman in the world choking on a ham sandwich though that might not be very rock and roll ironic perhaps

If only she had shared that sandwich with Karen Carpenter, they might both be alive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If only she had shared that sandwich with Karen Carpenter, they might both be alive today.
    LOL. Nice... Ha ha...:D

Edit-Who's gonna start the "Most Un-Rock N' Roll death?" thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

mick jagger should get the most un rock n roll death. all he's been through, you know he's gonna die sober, in his sleep at the end of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Dimebag Darrell.

Oh wait. Rock N' Roll death?

Too bad we can't nominate a heavy metal musician in the Rap category.

^ :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

bon scott choked on his own vomit .......... thats rock and roll! RIP BON

DIAMOND DARRELL shot dead on stage in the states.. respect!

think the way I would like to go would be the Jim Morisson method, in a bath tub and full of drugs.............

i duno, i always kinda fancied the jeff buckley, get drunk then drown idea.

and diamond darrell, that wasn't rock n roll, that was just a complete waste of life and talent. :(

edit... diamond, wtf, dimebag.

*slaps forehead*

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kelator

Johnny Ace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Ace

"After touring for a year, Ace had been performing at the City Auditorium in Houston, Texas on Christmas 1954. During a break between sets, under the influence of angel dust (PCP) Ace allegedly decided to play a game of Russian Roulette. He aimed a .45 caliber revolver at his girlfriend, Olivia Gibbs, and pulled the trigger. He then attempted to shoot her friend, Mary Carter. Both times, the hammer fell on an empty chamber. He then swiftly turned the gun on himself and ended his life."

Maybe less Rock N' Roll, more completely stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Cool_CM wrote: »
    You have just come home to find that your house/band mate has blown his head off with a shotgun. Do you:
    a) Call the police/ambulance
    b) Run to the nearest shop, buy a disposable camera come home and take pictures.
    c) take pieces of skull to make necklaces out of to give to your friends
    d)Use some suculent pieces of brain to make a stew

Answer: b,c,d

Picture was later used, in full colour on the cover of a Mayhem bootleg. It's way too graphic to post here.
    was gonna post that stuff, but was to lazy. THough that brings us onto dead :D
    Per Yngve Ohlin aka Dead was the guy who shot himself here, his suicide note was simply "Excuse all the blood"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

nipplenuts wrote: »

ou will die from auto-erotic asphixiation like Michael Hutchence from INXS. Way to **** up hanging yourself buddy. (ladies commence sobbing)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

In that list of deaths by the Christian scaremongers, Michael Hutchence is down as a suicide. Would "**** disaster" not fit in the slot or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I'm going to go with Dead from Mayhem, simply because of the photo of his corpse:
    (don't look if you are sensitive)

http://static.metal-archives.com/images/8/0/7/5/8075.jpg

Oh, just noticed Jizzlord already mentioned him. Yeah the suicide note was cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

mate of mine from co.meath, bodhran player with lord of the dance troupe, last year got nekkid while out of the head locked and climbed onto the roof of a train in russia, frizzle fried brown bread! and very much missed, rip m**tin k*rr*ne! hope none of his family reads this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm going to go with Dead from Mayhem, simply because of the photo of his corpse:
    (don't look if you are sensitive)

http://static.metal-archives.com/images/8/0/7/5/8075.jpg

Oh, just noticed Jizzlord already mentioned him. Yeah the suicide note was cool!

Holy sh*t! Is that pic real?!
    flanum wrote: »
    mate of mine from co.meath, bodhran player with lord of the dance troupe, last year got nekkid while out of the head locked and climbed onto the roof of a train in russia, frizzle fried brown bread! and very much missed, rip m**tin k*rr*ne! hope none of his family reads this!

Sorry to hear about your mate, that's horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

yep, not good. but **** it, rock and roll death, wouldnt mint it meself, he was havin the craic anyways, last thing he done was smile!!! dont think the family know he was actin the maggot, were contemplatin hanin a tribute weekend for him but not sure wot to do, wether have it in his home town or have our own private do!
    any suggestions?
    rock and roll! big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

orestes wrote: »
    Holy sh*t! Is that pic real?!
    Yup quite real! Photography courtesy of Euronymous, who decided it would a bette idea to go buy a camera and take some snaps! was going to post it but decided against it, for obvious reasons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

flanum wrote: »
    yep, not good. but **** it, rock and roll death, wouldnt mint it meself, he was havin the craic anyways, last thing he done was smile!!! dont think the family know he was actin the maggot, were contemplatin hanin a tribute weekend for him but not sure wot to do, wether have it in his home town or have our own private do!
    any suggestions?
    rock and roll! big time!

At least he went out laughing man, that's something I guess. Cool that you're organising a tribute, very decent of you man
    Cool_CM wrote: »
    Yup quite real! Photography courtesy of Euronymous, who decided it would a bette idea to go buy a camera and take some snaps! was going to post it but decided against it, for obvious reasons!

That's fukking mental. Definitely the winner for most rock and roll death.

And the guy who took the pics is a marketing genius

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I will kill myself like Kurt Cobain, 9 out of ten in the quiz. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

fredzer wrote: »
    bon scott choked on his own vomit .......... thats rock and roll! RIP BON

DIAMOND DARRELL shot dead on stage in the states.. respect!

think the way I would like to go would be the Jim Morisson method, in a bath tub and full of drugs.............

Diamond? And in capital letters too. Tut tut tut.
    Dimebag.

I think Kurt Cobain is possibly the most rock and roll death. It was totally intentional (unlike some drug overdoses) and the man used a method to literally obliviate himself. RIP Kurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Diamond? And in capital letters too. Tut tut tut.
    Dimebag.

I think Kurt Cobain is possibly the most rock and roll death. It was totally intentional (unlike some drug overdoses) and the man used a method to literally obliviate himself. RIP Kurt.

You know he used to call himself Diamond...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

gotta go with John Entwhistle - coke & hookers in a Vegas hotel is pretty good on its own, but the fact that he was *57 years old* is the icing on the cake - living the lifestyle to the end...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The drummer, Peter James Bond. Died in mysterious circumstances.

While playing in the Isle of Lucy Jazz and Blues Festival, he exploded on stage. He just went up in a flash of green light. Nothing was left. There was a little green globule on his drum seat. Like a stain, really. It was more of a stain than a globule, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

3. :(

i got 7 :D
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    I'm Buddy Holly and I am a loser. :(

You will die of accidental drowning like Jeff Buckley. Learn to swim, you whiskey loving hound.:(

Advertisement