Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100,000 hoax calls prompt plea from Dublin Zoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

betafrog wrote: »
    Got one from a friend saying that he was in UK with no credit and needed me to ring him immediately, gave me a number and said to ask for Liz...

The number was for bunckingham palace... :hangs head in shame:

I got caught by that one too, 'cept it was to speak to Charlie... they actually had a recorded message about the prank text first, and that if we *really* wanted to get through to Buckingham palace to hold the line! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080424/tod-ireland-animal-offbeat-7f81b96.html

Anyone else geta message like this, i did off a mate who thought it was funny but i saw through it at once(cos hes a pratical joker) Orginally thought it was a sex line no he was sending me:D

So did you get the text? And did you call the "Zoo" ;)

Yea, i got one the other day.

"rory lyons".

I just replied to the txt.. "Nice try squinty eye"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

My last name is keys, anyone kno a joke I could make out of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Got the text and like a fool yes i rang the number( i was looking for annie lyons):o

Mine said

Well liz, some guy just called my phone looking for ya, some Rory Lyons fella,I wouldnt give ya his number so he left his number 01XXXXXXX ,whys he callin me looking for ya gal. Anyway talk to ya later.Dave

i aint thick:)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Ok,so I admitted to falling for it. Surely out of all you boardsies i wasnt the only one:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I got caught by that one too, 'cept it was to speak to Charlie... they actually had a recorded message about the prank text first, and that if we *really* wanted to get through to Buckingham palace to hold the line! :D

One of my brothers got stung with a version of this, got a message off a mate saying it was an emergency and to ring a number and ask for Mary. It was Aras an Uchtaran (sp?).

He then developed a weird habit of ringing there while he was stinking drunk in the middle of the night and insisting that he be allowed talk to Mary because he had something really important to tell her.

Seemed funny at the time, but I just realised as I wrote this that my brother is a bit strange

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Just got stung =/ Mate rang me a week ago saying Rory Lyons was looking for me then a mate that wouldn't know the other one said an Annie Lyons was looking for me. Didn't know what to think, wondered why the Lyons family were after me and how they knew unrelated friends. I should keep up on current affairs I reckon.

Who'd fall for Anna Conda in f*cking fairness!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

haha this sounds hilarious. I'm not loved enough obviously - I didn't get any messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ha those names are funny. My sister sent me the message but still, feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

My boyfriend sent me a message earlier today asking to ring some 'Annie Lyons' with a number in the text. I stupidly fell for it! I even rang the number twice cos I didn't cop on! seriously gullible.

He's always playin practical jokes on me - it's just MEANNN!! Once his friend sent me a text pretending he was Ray D'arcy and that they wanted me to go on the show and I believed that too! there are plenty of other things but I just can't think of em

I really need to work on the gullible thing! :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement