Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Neighbours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

If my neighbour doesn't turn his CR*P stupid RUBBISH music down soon, I will go through the wall with a sledgehammer and do it myself.

AARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

EDIT: He's gone out. AND LEFT THE STUPID MUSIC ON!????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Gillie wrote: »
    Unhelpful how?

What you suggest would work but why should he?
    If he's playing the music at an acceptable level and not doing it during unsociable hours then what's the problem?
    If he was playing the music at an acceptable level the batty bitch wouldn't hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If he was playing the music at an acceptable level the batty bitch wouldn't hear it.

I think we've established that the music is at an acceptable level. As you say, she is a batty woman so its her thats the problem, not the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

il gatto wrote: »
    Turn up the music and let her keep caling the Gardai. If it's pre the 10p.m. curfew there's nothing she or the Guards can do. Obviously not at window shattering, ear bleeding levels but loud enought to really get her goat. Sometimes the best way to fight complete ignorance is with complete ignorance. She'll move out before you do. One caveat however. I would suggest Radiohead of O.K. Computer or earlier. I have gone out of my way to "not get" what the're doing now.:confused::D
    Good thinking the Gardai have better things to do other than calling to two idiots trying to get back at one another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dewsbury wrote: »
    My view would be contrary to most of the ones above...

I am reminded of all those car drivers who have their stereos on loud and are oblivious the the annoyance that they are causing. Perhaps this is not a fair comparison but I have found that it is very easy to under-estimate the level of irritation caused by neighbouring noise.

Why not buy the best form of headphones that you can afford? You could have the music as loud as you want and never hear from your friend next door again.

I find some of the previous posts somewhat unhelpful.

It's not very practical listening to music through headphones while having a shower / getting ready to go out!

As for blasting music in the car.... that's half the fun of driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

I
    As for blasting music in the car.... that's half the fun of driving.

Do you think blasting music in a car might irritate the hundreds of passers by that are forced to listen to it??

Do you think blasting music in a car might irritate the hundreds of passers by that are forced to listen to it??

You're walking down the street, there's the noise of cars, trucks, lorries, planes overhead, schoolchildren playing in playgrounds & parks, dogs barking, music pouring out from shops, cafes & petrol stations and the occasional nutter shouting the odds at the skyline.

A car passes by, music pumping from the stereo. It takes 3 seconds to pass you by... you get annoyed.

It's amazing how people pick up on the most ridiculous things to get annoyed about. I've even seen people getting wound up by the sound of ice cream vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I don't. Anyone who does is nuts. If the car was stationary beside my house I would have a problem. However, the "hundreds" of passers by that hear it don't give a cr4p. You will get the odd nutjob who will give out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It's not very practical listening to music through headphones while having a shower

If your music is loud enough for you to hear it in the shower, its too loud for a semi-detached house.

It would p*ss me right off.

sueme wrote: »
    If your music is loud enough for you to hear it in the shower, its too loud for a semi-detached house.

So my mother used to tell me when I was 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

So my mother used to tell me when I was 15.

Perhaps your mother was right !!

Perhaps your mother was right !!

My mother's always right. :p

Advertisement