Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you meet your other half?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I first locked eyes with my lovely girl in Monroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

In the SU bar, she told me to stop staring at her tits.
    2 years later and I still haven't:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

He was on a date with my friend at the time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mrs. 6th

I met my other half at a drama group.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Mrs. 6th wrote: »
    I met my other half at a drama group.:pac:
    6th is an actor? what other amazing talents does this man have?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

caravan site ,she tried to sell me some gates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

We met at soar swallowing classes - we never mastered the act, but at least I still have a little dagger to swallow.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

biko wrote: »
    I first locked eyes with my lovely girl in Monroes.

Galway forum tbh/presumably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

In work. I laid eyes on him across the collection counter and thought "he will be mine".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

In a public house

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

in work, we moved in together after about a month and for at least 4 months straight we spent all day in work and all night at home with each other ( and all weekend in bed ) 3 years later, she's asleep in bed and i'm talking about our relationship on a forum:). . . . . . . . . . . lol . things are still good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Met herself at the oul Gaeltacht in Connemara. Who said romance and the Irish language are dead?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Some people said internet omgwtfffs. Is it socially acceptable to tell people this? I know if I met a chick through net and told some of my friends, I'd be getting stick for it eternally, the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Niteclub.
    End of the night, I walked up to her and asked if she'd mind my jacket while
    I went to the jacks. Returned to find both her and my jacket waiting for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I am an individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol at the single people answers.

On a conference trip for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Brint

splinter wrote: »
    i met her in fibbers in dublin... yeah i know... but we dont go there anymore
    Me too - Fibbers in 1996. Married almost 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Down at the local karaoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Intarweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

The desk beside mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

debate. well, the bar afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    ebay...

Me too! (in work) :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Some people said internet omgwtfffs. Is it socially acceptable to tell people this? I know if I met a chick through net and told some of my friends, I'd be getting stick for it eternally, the bastards.

LOL, of course it is, it the new slow set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

woke up beside her after the xmas party-thought that would be the end of it but we're 4 months and counting lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, i got plenty of stick for meeting my fella online off my mates. granted he lived 13,000 miles away, and was twice my age, but still... it was amusing the varying reactions of freinds, usually with the ones who spent more time online being infinitely less phased about the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

On the street
    Your coming with me - you've pulled
    5yrs+

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well, I was swimmin in my lagoon,
    And he dropped me a line
    (Or was it a one-liner in the Blue Saloon?)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

In work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

single(ish) at the moment but works been the place ive hooked up most, not generally my company but ones connected to us. its a bit messy if things go wrong that close to home . TBH i dont really see clubs and such as a place to get a girlfriend. its happened but not really my first port of call.

guess i like to know something about the woman beforehand. probably as a result of my "nutter magnet" status. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Which one?

I'm a bit older, so this has happened a few times. Ain't love grand?

Taking the five most significant, I would say,

1. in the kitchen of a summer camp
    2. on a canoe trip
    3. in a bar
    4. at a group home where we both worked, about five minutes into that, an elderly man fell over a pail and broke his nose
    5. serving me a coffee in a coffee shop

Where will I meet the next one? I hope there isn't a next one. But I just read a story about a seniors residence in Copenhagen where they brought in call girls to service randy old men. I'm just saying like ...

Advertisement