Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injuries on the job

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Treated lots of guards with broken bones , there were a few back when joyriding and ramming was popular.
    Lacerations to the face from being hit with iron bars, human bites, tendon injuries, soft tissue inuries. spinal injury. Pepper spray ( we all got contaminated in the emergency department!) etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Treated lots of guards with broken bones , there were a few back when joyriding and ramming was popular.
    Lacerations to the face from being hit with iron bars, human bites, tendon injuries, soft tissue inuries. spinal injury. Pepper spray ( we all got contaminated in the emergency department!) etc etc

I would think that joyriding and ramming would be more popular then ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Thankfully, now we try to talk to each other first to resolve our issues.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dredre

Phototoxin wrote: »
    right I see now what our taxes are paying for... surely she has a baton too ?

What did you want her to do exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

What are mine paying for? Me presumable :p

Nah. They're being used much more constructively. They're paying my wages!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

If any of the Gardai here are in large stations... How many of your collegues would be out of work at any given time due to injury?Even for a couple of days.It must affect man power?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Phototoxin wrote: »
    right I see now what our taxes are paying for... surely she has a baton too ?

Just saw this now, thought I'd point it out..

yayamark wrote:
    The banner (female Garda) called for assistance and they ran away.

They ran away, not the female Garda!
    Apparently she saved the day, so you'll be glad to know your taxes are going to excellent use! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Just saw this now, thought I'd point it out..

They ran away, not the female Garda!
    Apparently she saved the day, so you'll be glad to know your taxes are going to excellent use! ;)

You'd be right

3 lads vs male and female member and they ran away. Bastards and cowards, but those days have passed, moved off the regular now thanks be to god, where i am now i never get into fracas like that.

May it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

2 lads recovering after weekend attack in Limerick

A Limerick garda has undergone surgery after having part of his ear bitten off during an incident in the city over the weekend.

A second garda received serious facial injuries in the same incident on Saturday night.

The two gardai were responding to a dispute at a fast-food outlet on O'Connell Street when they came under attack.

One received 10 stitches to his forehead and suffered facial bruising, while the second garda had a part of his ear bitten off.

Gary Culhane, with an address at Hyde Avenue, Ballinacurra Weston, has been charged with assault causing harm to the two Gardai.

At a special sitting of Limerick District Court yesterday, the 31-year-old was remanded in custody until Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

is he likely to just get a slap on the wrists? Answer = probably

here's to hoping a quick recovery for both lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

gerire wrote: »
    2 lads recovering after weekend attack in Limerick

A Limerick garda has undergone surgery after having part of his ear bitten off during an incident in the city over the weekend.
    A second garda received serious facial injuries in the same incident on Saturday night.

The two gardai were responding to a dispute at a fast-food outlet on O'Connell Street when they came under attack.

One received 10 stitches to his forehead and suffered facial bruising, while the second garda had a part of his ear bitten off.

Gary Culhane, with an address at Hyde Avenue, Ballinacurra Weston, has been charged with assault causing harm to the two Gardai.

At a special sitting of Limerick District Court yesterday, the 31-year-old was remanded in custody until Wednesday

Should be pushing for a Section 4 charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Sec 4 is prob the most serious charge u could give before murder, manslaughter. Dont thnk they'll go with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bunk

id say the sec.3 charge is only a holding charge, there will have to be a file for a sec.4 charge, and if a chunk of the members ear is gone there would be grounds for recommending it, but dont forget about the good aul sec.19 charge, never fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Doesn't it all depend on getting the DPP to go with the 19? The 3 is a nice holder even if it might be the only charge used.

19 is not going to recieve anymore consideration than the current s3 charge. In fact, probable a lot less consideration or sentence. S4 is where a person is disfigured or permently maimed as a result. Big chunk of your ear missing is both visible and possible life changing. I reckon the DPP will run with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bunk

19 is not going to recieve anymore consideration than the current s3 charge. In fact, probable a lot less consideration or sentence. S4 is where a person is disfigured or permently maimed as a result. Big chunk of your ear missing is both visible and possible life changing. I reckon the DPP will run with it.

i agree with you 100%, the sec.19 can be thrown in as well, if directions are given for sec.4 and down the road it falls in court its another charge to fall back on with the sec.3, there more the little f**cker has against him the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I'm just goign to slot This in here cause i did't think it needs a whole thread

maglite wrote: »

Well if the ammo was faulty then he has a case. Were not at the Americans standards yet are we? McDonalds made me fat, My coffee was hot, etc. I shot myself, the police should have stopped me. Just like the Incredibles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

maglite wrote: »

Eh, i'm sorry but any person trained in firearms use is responsible for a weapon the second it goes into their hands. Even if the round was faulty to me it is irrelavent. According to that article he was dismantling the weapon. He should of carried out correct safety precautions before starting to strip it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I'll have a slight civi point on this, normally you would't chamber a round but i can see d duty weapon possibly having a round chambered, is this the case?

And if you drop the mag you should they clear the chamber. It sounds like he did't look and then pulled the trigger, while his hand was in the way.

If he was an expert or even someone who received any training he should know to treat it was loaded all the time and never point it at something he was not willing to put a whole in. I cant even see how my hand would come to be in front of the barrel while stripping.

Sounds like he made a bobo and is looking for compo, the idea of having 2 present for a strip and clean is stupid

• Advertisement
Advertisement