Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcast suggestions - POST HERE!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

rb_ie
    Sabotage wrote: »
    CSG was the big thing a year or so back, much like Le Rack was a couple of years ago. CSG has calmed down and so shys away from the limelight, Le Rack was in the car with 2UNLIMITED when they crashed and hasnt been heard from since.

I'd like to see a video podcast.

Le Rack is still active..

Someone Else (post in thread)
    6th wrote: »
    CSG was the big thing a year or so back, much like Le Rack was a couple of years ago. CSG has calmed down and so shys away from the limelight, Le Rack was in the car with 2UNLIMITED when they crashed and hasnt been heard from since.

I'd like to see a video podcast.

I just seen this now
    No tbh I just got a serious job which eats into my boards posting big time :(

Why would people wanna hear me though and what would I even say :o

My head hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was listening to the most recent podcast, 2 things i've noticed:

1) Could you make sure people are close to the microphone, it can be quite hard to hear everyone without throwing the volume way up, which makes main guy very, very loud...

2) Some sort of exit jingle? Show ends very abruptly...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

rb_ie
    dulpit, we've fixed 1) on the latest podcast - I've done some "hard limiting" post-processing work on the file to normalise the levels - basically, all the voices should be equally audible now ;) Yes though, I agree that it'd be better if we're all close enough to the mics to not have to do that next time!

As regards 2) - I wouldn't say it ends all that abruptly - we were saying "is that it? is there anything else? should we finish now?" for about the whole last 5 minutes :p but yeah, maybe an ending jingle wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Pighead
    Bard wrote: »
    As regards 2) - I wouldn't say it ends all that abruptly - we were saying "is that it? is there anything else? should we finish now?" for about the whole last 5 minutes :p but yeah, maybe an ending jingle wouldn't be a bad idea.

You should start a competition for people to write an end-of-podcast jingle.
    You could have a few entries voted on by people!

That's if ye didn't want to have the bother of writing one yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

rb_ie
    Well the opening jingle I made for the current podcast (29-06-08) is by no means the definitive one... I was thinking we could have a different one every time ;)

I've already got ideas for the next one...

*grabs radio mic and practises Jeremy Clarkson impersonation*...

Any possibility of some look into the lesser-known areas of boards? Pimpage for some forums which need more activity, I mean.

I'd like to see a mix of the best parts of forums over the last month, im sure its been done before. Also i agree with Donal as to pimping lesser known forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Has there been any boardscasts lately?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

are boardscasts still going?il love to get involved!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

thomond wants to hear Pighead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Diabhal just wants a podcast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Podcast suggestions, ay?
    Can I suggest that we get organised on doing a podcast again at some stage soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yep, I'm up for it for sure.

That thread in feedback, teebs has to read his post out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Exactly what made me think of it.

Plus, as I've no job for the summer I figure I might as well get in on the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Exactly what made me think of it.

Plus, as I've no job for the summer I figure I might as well get in on the next one.

Right.

I'd like to see the old team back together.

That was me, teebs, monkeyfudge and someone else I can't remember.:o

We did a great 'cast with DeV, just before the Daft buy-in, so it's that long since we did an "official" 'cast.

I don't think mf is a mod here anymore, but it was him that supplied the studio/facilities for this.

Just remembered, it was Will who was in on it then, I don't think he was even a mod then. Weird.

Anyway. If you're up for it then so am I. I'll PM mf tomorrow see if the facilities are still available for doing this. I'm never available Tuesdays because Boardeaux play then, but any other night is cool. We usually did them of a Sunday afternoon, which was cool.

We tried to do a weekly thing, which I think, looking back, may have been overkill. I think fortnightly or even monthly might be a better idea.

Anyway. Good to see someone else interested.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

oh yeah!!! I'd love a reunion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've actually already started the ball rolling on this and have told the lads at boards HQ I want to meet with them about it.

I'm currently out of the country, but hopefully I can work something out with them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

rb_ie
    Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

One of the main obstacles at the moment if that the old CMS that we used for the podcasts is now gone.

The link on the front page goes to an archive of the old podcasts on boardsgroup.

I'd imagine most of the links are expired at this stage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Atari Jaguar
    So is this still going or what?

Hasn't been a show in over a year so I doubt it. T'was a great podcast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Rb wrote: »
    Ah that admins will just be boring :)
    Agreed, lets have Pighead.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Atari Jaguar
    Hasn't been a show in over a year so I doubt it. T'was a great podcast though.

linky?

Itunes link: Go into advanced, subscribe to podcast and type this in http://gavinbyrne.hipcast.com/rss/boardscast.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 46 funkee

I'm new to boards but I really like it.

Anyway, I'm a podcast junkie.

Every night for the past five years I've podcasted, so I'll recommend my favorites.

This comes with the previso that my interests are in politics and left field subjects so this won't be for everyone..

Number 1. Coast to Coast AM. 10th most listened to radio station in the US but broadcasts 10pm - 2am. The other nine broadcast in the morning Pat Kenny time. A different topic every night - anything from Near Death Experiences to Secret Space research to Stargates to JFK Assassination to Father Malachi Martin.. if you have never heard of the latter check him out. I reckon he's the most accomplished Irishman of the past century that nobody in Ireland has ever heard of.

Number 2. Red Ice Radio. Similar to above but broadcast from Sweden. Host is the best interviewer I've ever heard on radio and the most knowledgeable.

Number 3. This American Life. NPR is just so easy to listen to. Best production values in radio I think.

Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ByronFrump

Misunderstood this as suggestions for podcasts, rather than suggestions for topics for the boards podcasts. Removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭DJP

I am a volunteer with Raidió na Life and I presented a current affairs programme on NearFM. You can find my favourite podcasts on my Youtube page. I also have a couple of good ones I think on Mixcloud.

www.youtube.com/user/leathanachdarrenjp

www.mixcloud.com/darrenjprior

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement