Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPoker WSOP Jackpot SNGs.

Options
  • 13-04-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone tried these?
    You've to win 4 $20 SNGs in a row to win a $20K WSOP package. http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/tournaments/wsop-exec-pack.php

Major downsides is they are 12 player SNGs (so the chances of JoeAverage winning 4-in-a-row is 14640/1) and the rake is 20% ($20+$4).

Major upside for me is that (unlike say the PokerStars Steps or normal satellites) you can at least be winning money as you play them, as the $20 part of the fee pays out as a normal SNG (1st $120, 2nd $60, 3rd $36, 4th $24).
    Also unlike the Pokerstars Steps you don't have the problem with a dramatic increase in standard as you reach the latter stages. Your 4th game opponents are likely to be the same standard as your 1st game.

So someone with an expected ROI of 20% in normal $20 STTs would have an expected ROI of just 10% here (but at least if you have a 33%+ rakeback/bonus deal then you are getting $1.33 of the $4 rake coming back to you).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

I doubt even one person will win the package before the WSOP. Waste of time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Please let there be a prop bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Eh totally unrelated to the OP (ahem) but I need 47 people who are prepared to lose a $24 12-man STT. For this I will pay them $25. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Master riggage FTW. Lol, I'd say the pc/morality police will have a field day though lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Shadowless wrote: »
    Eh totally unrelated to the OP (ahem) but I need 47 people who are prepared to lose a $24 12-man STT. For this I will pay them $25. :D:D

Its actually only 44 needed so cheaper again.

• Advertisement

Macspower pm'd me earlier said he reckons he could do it, but would only do if somne one layed him a prop bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Hmm,

I wonder do you get rake back on the full 20% or just the standard reg fee as normally all the extra rake is "supposed" to be contributed to the jackpot that's the idea behind it.

If full rb is being handed out on the jackpot sng reg fees then that affects the jackpots and also all the players not on rb

just a thought i had.

I've no idea how skins manage rb on ipoker but it might be worth asking your affiliate if you are actually entitled to your percentage of the 20% reg fee you will have a more accurate figure for rb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Please let there be a prop bet!

I totally agree. Who will step up to the challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

yeah it sounds like it might not be a bad deal if you get rb on the extra $2

Obviously.

It's possible you get no rb too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

it's possible you secretly get no rb but none of the skins ever publicize it. Or would they do a shady thing like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 sproodles

The extra $2 is not rake so how do you conveive to get RB on non rake contributing proportion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

I can easily see a group of lads taking a weekend off to power thru one of the team to a win. All it takes is a situation whereby both know they've connected with the flop and agree to push all in. Whoever wins the showdown becomes the standard bearer.

Win a package, and rinse/repeat. You don;t need to to have each in the team (of 4 let's say) win a package, so long as 4 packages are won between the team. No site actually GIVES you a seat at the WSOP, merely the wherewithal so be able to buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

sproodles wrote: »
    The extra $2 is not rake so how do you conceive to get RB on non rake contributing proportion?

I play a lot of the $5+$1 Mauis for a laugh, and the extra .50c in rake does apply for bonus purposes, i.e., I get as many Action Points for a $5+$1 as i get for a normal $10+1.

So I think for people doing their rb through bonuses then they will get 33% of the full $4. I'll play a couple tonight and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Macspower pm'd me earlier said he reckons he could do it, but would only do if somne one layed him a prop bet.

lol yeah right....... I can't even won one of these.....

but maybe a sng expert such as Luckylucky or BigmickG and others would have a chance....

dunno seems tough to me

I play a lot of the $5+$1 Mauis for a laugh, and the extra .50c in rake does apply for bonus purposes, i.e., I get as many Action Points for a $5+$1 as i get for a normal $10+1.

So I think for people doing their rb through bonuses then they will get 33% of the full $4. I'll play a couple tonight and report back.

Ah good point.. let us know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Camone

I'm just after winning two of these in a row and im thinkin bout gettin about 4 or 5 of my friends in on the last two to help me thru just coz the prize is so damn good. Firstly, i presume this is illegal? and also, do ppl here think that paddy or whoever are gonna check ip addresses etc and the nature of hands to determine if some sort of collusion occured?

And most importantly, if they did notice some form of mischievery would they take the ticket back off me (and would they have the power to)?

Camone wrote: »
    I'm just after winning two of these in a row and im thinkin bout gettin about 4 or 5 of my friends in on the last two to help me thru just coz the prize is so damn good. Firstly, i presume this is illegal? and also, do ppl here think that paddy or whoever are gonna check ip addresses etc and the nature of hands to determine if some sort of collusion occured?

And most importantly, if they did notice some form of mischievery would they take the ticket back off me (and would they have the power to)?

There will be extensive reports and investigations into it.

The logisitics behind getting away with colluding in these are so complex that you and a bunch of mates would be caught.

Trust me i know exactly how these are investigated save yourself some false hope of WSOP dreams ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Did you someone fail to read the post where you both get to a flop where you seriously dominate your friend and then look to get his chips free of charge. So long as he has some slim percentile chance in the hand then iPoker can feck right off with whatever investigation I'd imagine.

Or why not ask your friends to help out by knocking the others out and then simply disconnecting? <Tenuous>It's not colluding if they're not there.</Tenuous>

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Especially since several PPP people read boards regularly, and they are definitely aware of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Camone

lee_arama wrote: »
    Did you someone fail to read the post where you both get to a flop where you seriously dominate your friend and then look to get his chips free of charge. So long as he has some slim percentile chance in the hand then iPoker can feck right off with whatever investigation I'd imagine.

Or why not ask your friends to help out by knocking the others out and then simply disconnecting? <Tenuous>It's not colluding if they're not there.</Tenuous>

ya, i was gonna go down that whole get to heads-up wit a mate then just tell him to disconnect but i wonder if they wud go so far as to check if u ever chatted to him in a game before, city hes from, school etc...

i may not try and collude in the next one but im more than likely defo gonna do it if i win a 3rd.

i wonder wud it b enough for them to say that well u know this guy so u must have colluded? because, if u went down the whole getting ur friend to disconnect and play the rest of the tourney relatively normally, staying out of each others way, so that they cudnt point to any hand where a guy they mite link to u has been soft-playing or whatever then surely itd b ok?

Camone wrote: »
    ya, i was gonna go down that whole get to heads-up wit a mate then just tell him to disconnect but i wonder if they wud go so far as to check if u ever chatted to him in a game before, city hes from, school etc...

i may not try and collude in the next one but im more than likely defo gonna do it if i win a 3rd.

i wonder wud it b enough for them to say that well u know this guy so u must have colluded? because, if u went down the whole getting ur friend to disconnect and play the rest of the tourney relatively normally, staying out of each others way, so that they cudnt point to any hand where a guy they mite link to u has been soft-playing or whatever then surely itd b ok?

I don't really want to be a spoilsport, but it is probable neither clever nor desirable to chat about how to collude and cheat on an internet forum, so please don't. If you want to try and cheat the system (and believe me, there will be more than a few people trying this scam so PPP will be aware of what to watch for ir terms of patterns, etc) then do it over msn or skype or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't really want to be a spoilsport, but it is probable neither clever nor desirable to chat about how to collude and cheat on an internet forum, so please don't. If you want to try and cheat the system (and believe me, there will be more than a few people trying this scam so PPP will be aware of what to watch for ir terms of patterns, etc) then do it over msn or skype or whatever.

I think it would be better Dom if you just told him not to cheat rather than telling him to use msn or skype.

Connie

You guys cant possibly be serious? Are you? Really? Here is what will happen if you try this. NOT ONLY will you be caught (I do mean you WILL be caught) not a suggestion you have no idea how much emphasis and effort goes into scruitinising fair play in these type of tournaments. You will also probably lose the funds in your accounts which will be frozen and the ability to play on that network in the future.

All sites are fully aware of the temptation to cheat in these type of consecutive win tournaments. No claim ever gets paid out instantly, there is a cooling off period where everything is checked down to the finest detail.

the naivity is overwhelming, really. Oh and 5* are you pulling the pish?

Guys really, fair warning do not do it, it wouldnt matter a jot if anyone from a site read this thread or not you would not get away with it you will just waste the funds (and possibly more) trying.

connie147 wrote: »
    I think it would be better Dom if you just told him not to cheat rather than telling him to use msn or skype.

Connie

I spelt it out pretty clearly that he would get caught if he tried, so if he wants to it is his party/funeral. As long as he doesn't discuss tactics here I really don't care if he tries or not tbh Connie.

sproodles wrote: »
    Oh and 5* are you pulling the pish?
    What are you referring to here?

This bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

I spelt it out pretty clearly that he would get caught if he tried, so if he wants to it is his party/funeral. As long as he doesn't discuss tactics here I really don't care if he tries or not tbh Connie.

Fair enough Dom, but I just wouldn't be advising him on the best way to go about it if thats the road he choses.

Connie

• Advertisement

Ok, well maybe a bit unclear, I wasn't suggesting that is their best bet for cheating and getting away with it, It was more of a go talk about it somewhere else if you must, but I can see why it might be viewed the other way.

If he is not aware that all HH's, IP logs, past history, etc will be viewed meticulously in the event of someone qualifying for this prize, then I'm sure he is now. Obviously, as an occupier of the highest moral ground on honesty in poker, I have no desire to see anyone cheat, and never would myself, but I hardly think my post was a schooling into best practice.

Advertisement