Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found an insect in a bottle of pepsi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

That bug's not gonna do you any harm. Eat it.

I'd be more worried about all the sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

Still won't stop me buying pepsi when they give 50% more and sell it for 1euro :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Nephew wrote: »
    I bought a bottle of pepsi last week and after taking a few mouthfuls I noticed there was a dead insect stuck in the lid, just a little bit bigger than an ant. I immediately spat out what I had in my mouth, for all I knew the bottle was full of insects. I thought I'd post it on boards so it reaches a wide audience considering they weren't concerned with my complaint.

There was no number to call on the bottle, just a postal address. I didn't fancy sticking a bottle of pepsi in the post box so I checked pepsi.ie for contact info. Guess what there wasn't any there either. I noticed it was bottled by C&C so I called them. Eventually I got through to an office and was told they're not really responsible and the company had recently divided up into various departments and they gave me a number to call. I called the number and I was told that I needed to contact a different department, and they patched me through. The phone rang and rang and rang, I got through to a voicemail and left a message with my phone number and I've heard nothing since.

There you go, the secret ingredient in Pepsi is infact insects. Sorry about the low res pic http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03042008033xa4.jpg

Cha Ching!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Donoghue v. Stephenson w00t!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Poor little fella drowned in pepsi :(

When I was about 7 I nearly choked on a lump of plastic that was in a brids eye fish finger.

• Advertisement

You think thats bad ! I was going to make a cup of coffee in the office which I seldom do a few months back and I looked into the open sugar bag to find loads of dead flies etc.... Haven't had a cup since ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

How did it taste OP? Better or Worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

KaG1888 wrote: »
    You think thats bad ! I was going to make a cup of coffee in the office which I seldom do a few months back and I looked into the open sugar bag to find loads of dead flies etc.... Haven't had a cup since ! :(

You think THATS bad.. Remember the time I got a salmon helmet from the prophet Mohammed while wearing a toga? Coming, Mohammed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Now if it had been a worm, they would have changed you more! What's that Mexican liqueur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

i once bit into a biscuit and there was a piece of copper wire in it ... never bothered complaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Won't someone please think about the bug that passed away here.

RIP unknown insect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I wasn't looking for compensation for a €1.50 bottle of pepsi but I thought they would at least appreciate the fact I was contacting them to say I found a insect in their product. From now on I'll stick with the premium brand colas like TK and Country Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

TheVan wrote: »
    Donoghue v. Stephenson w00t!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,026 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

♪ dohhhhhhctur pepper! Whats the worrrrrst that could happen? ♪

Overheal wrote: »

You vomit everywhere after tasting it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Holsten wrote: »
    Pfft... thats tiny...

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!
    *gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 82,026 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You vomit everywhere after tasting it?

I like a Dr. Pepper every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I bought a bottle of pepsi last week and after taking a few mouthfuls I noticed there was a dead insect stuck in the lid, just a little bit bigger than an ant. I immediately spat out what I had in my mouth, for all I knew the bottle was full of insects. I thought I'd post it on boards so it reaches a wide audience considering they weren't concerned with my complaint.

There was no number to call on the bottle, just a postal address. I didn't fancy sticking a bottle of pepsi in the post box so I checked pepsi.ie for contact info. Guess what there wasn't any there either. I noticed it was bottled by C&C so I called them. Eventually I got through to an office and was told they're not really responsible and the company had recently divided up into various departments and they gave me a number to call. I called the number and I was told that I needed to contact a different department, and they patched me through. The phone rang and rang and rang, I got through to a voicemail and left a message with my phone number and I've heard nothing since.

There you go, the secret ingredient in Pepsi is infact insects. Sorry about the low res pic http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03042008033xa4.jpg

So what sort of compensation are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Preferably a car, but I'd settle on an ipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Preferably a car, but I'd settle on an ipod.

good luck with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Overheal wrote: »

It can cause premature ejaculation. I heard that happened to some guy and it was his first time. Totally wasn't me and I totally didn't get her pregnant. In fact I think I made it up. Yeah, nevermind it never happened so don't look into it. :pac:

They should send you a crate full in order to keep you happy and not speak bad against them. Of course all of the bottles in the crate would probably have scorpions in them to make sure you keep quite about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Poor little fella drowned in pepsi :(

When I was about 7 I nearly choked on a lump of plastic that was in a brids eye fish finger.

Those companies producing knock-off frozen foods have no standards. You should probably stick to Birdseye fishfingers from now on. They cost that little bit more but it is worth it for the peace of mind it gives you... :D

Those companies producing knock-off frozen foods have no standards. You should probably stick to Birdseye fishfingers from now on. They cost that little bit more but it is worth it for the peace of mind it gives you... :D

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I don't know whats worse:

The fact you drank Pepsi
    or
    That the poor insect had to die in a bottle of Pepsi of all things....

Coke > Pepsi

Advertisement