Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Casino??????

Options
  • 04-04-2008 12:25pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭


    :confused: Hi all I was wondering if any boardies had heard of new casino opening in Cavan and also one in Bridgend in Donegal. Have seen advert for Cavan one asking for staff, but can not find out any more. Thanks for your co-operation.


«1

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00


    I havent heard a word, could you tell me some more info if you find it please.

    :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy


    Bridgend is a tiny border town, I doubt very much there's a casino opening there, my sister lives there and she mention nothing of it. I know the local pubs run games, so maybe this is what people are confusing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper


    I heard noting about cavan!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur


    Maybe we'll be lucky and another person with a post count of zero will know about it and tell us all in frighteningly accurate detail!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED


    I do this sometimes so perhaps you can forgive the OP. I read people blogs and confuse fiction from fact I'm currently scouring the casinos looking for a female slovakian trickster to take advantage of me and perhaps teach me a lesson or two about poker and life. . I shall head to Cavan and (god forbid) Bridgend and see if I find her there...

    *Damn you bloggers for not writing fiction disclaimers in your posts..


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00


    YULETIRED wrote: »
    I do this sometimes so perhaps you can forgive the OP. I read people blogs and confuse fiction from fact I'm currently scouring the casinos looking for a female slovakian trickster to take advantage of me and perhaps teach me a lesson or two about poker and life. . I shall head to Cavan and (god forbid) Bridgend and see if I find her there...

    *Damn you bloggers for not writing fiction disclaimers in your posts..

    appartently they have a lovely Latvian dealer on Inis Mor, im flying out tomorrow to see what she can show me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd


    This post has been deleted.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman


    YULETIRED wrote: »
    I do this sometimes so perhaps you can forgive the OP. I read people blogs and confuse fiction from fact I'm currently scouring the casinos looking for a female slovakian trickster to take advantage of me and perhaps teach me a lesson or two about poker and life. . I shall head to Cavan and (god forbid) Bridgend and see if I find her there...

    *Damn you bloggers for not writing fiction disclaimers in your posts..

    I only put fiction disclaimers in my hand histories


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me


    Ollieboy wrote: »
    Bridgend is a tiny border town, I doubt very much there's a casino opening there, my sister lives there and she mention nothing of it. I know the local pubs run games, so maybe this is what people are confusing.

    its not the size of the town there that matters though but its proximity to Derry.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05


    hotspur wrote: »
    Maybe we'll be lucky and another person with a post count of zero will know about it and tell us all in frighteningly accurate detail!
    Seems likely.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy


    its not the size of the town there that matters though but its proximity to Derry.

    well if you have no regular local business during the week and are going to set-up a business based on business you pick up from another area, than your in big trouble starting off.... unless its petrol of course. Theres not even a venue that could hold a poker room in Bridgend


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me


    Ollieboy wrote: »
    well if you have no regular local business during the week and are going to set-up a business based on business you pick up from another area, than your in big trouble starting off.... unless its petrol of course. Theres not even a venue that could hold a poker room in Bridgend

    Derry is local! Its 10 mins away sure, there are loads of places you could have it, look at the size of the jackpot sure.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy


    Derry is local! Its 10 mins away sure, there are loads of places you could have it, look at the size of the jackpot sure.

    its 1 pub, a factory, Garda Station, Petrol Station with shop and chipper, have you ever been there, its after doubling in size with 10 house been built, its lucky to be called a town for its size. Also coming from a different area with different currency and remember, there's two casinos in Buncrana that aren't doing great business and another in Letterkenny. The riverclub is in Derry and it even does very little business, do I need to prove my point any further...lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy


    hotspur wrote: »
    Maybe we'll be lucky and another person with a post count of zero will know about it and tell us all in frighteningly accurate detail!

    Whats the cynical attitude for?? OP was merely asking a question but as usual on here some smart ass has to post a sarcastic cynical reply.. hillarious, aren't you?? I have tried to get my regular players to post on here but most are just lurkers and it's no wonder!:mad:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD


    the_pits wrote: »
    :confused: Hi all I was wondering if any boardies had heard of new casino opening in Cavan and also one in Bridgend in Donegal. Have seen advert for Cavan one asking for staff, but can not find out any more. Thanks for your co-operation.

    Where on earth is Bridgend?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy


    NickyOD wrote: »
    Where on earth is Bridgend?


    between Letterkenny and Buncrana, if you leave Letterkenny and head to Derry its the first small town you meet on the turn off for Buncrana, its on a bad bend thats a black spot, blink and you miss it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72


    Ollieboy wrote: »
    Bridgend is a tiny border town, I doubt very much there's a casino opening there, my sister lives there and she mention nothing of it. I know the local pubs run games, so maybe this is what people are confusing.

    I was scratching my head wondering where on earth they would put a casino! blink and you miss Bridgend lol. Cant imagine them having one so close to Buncrana as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie


    I was scratching my head wondering where on earth they would put a casino! blink and you miss Bridgend lol. Cant imagine them having one so close to Buncrana as well.


    Bridgend has the busiest (legal:))petrol station in Ireland......fact*.




    *This statement was correct in 2006 anyway.



    ....Ollie, you forgot the post office:) ..... pretty busy as well.

    If I remember there's some pretty new commercial units around there that would be ideal for premises and parking.

    Still a dead duck though surely, unless they close all the surround places.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul


    I can confirm that private members card clubs (we can't call them casinos yet!) will be opening in Cavan & Bridgend.

    I'll let them both know about boards and let them post all information.

    Both will have very nice :DPoker & Blackjack tables & Cavan will also have roulette.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony


    Ollieboy wrote: »
    between Letterkenny and Buncrana, if you leave Letterkenny and head to Derry its the first small town you meet on the turn off for Buncrana, its on a bad bend thats a black spot, blink and you miss it.

    Probably best not to blink then. :rolleyes:
    mcaul wrote:
    I can confirm that private members card clubs (we can't call them casinos yet!) will be opening in Cavan & Bridgend.


    There. Straight from the horse's mouth's supplier.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy


    Culchie wrote: »
    Bridgend has the busiest (legal:))petrol station in Ireland......fact*.




    *This statement was correct in 2006 anyway.



    ....Ollie, you forgot the post office:) ..... pretty busy as well.

    If I remember there's some pretty new commercial units around there that would be ideal for premises and parking.

    Still a dead duck though surely, unless they close all the surround places.


    the new business units the petrol station are right on the border, thats not actually Bridgend, Bridgend as a town only covers the corner area, but I'm sure they've got the whole area covered in one postcode etc. If you count the border area down to the down, than its a bigger area, but theres about a mile between them. And yes, I think there was a post office..lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy


    mcaul wrote: »
    I can confirm that private members card clubs (we can't call them casinos yet!) will be opening in Cavan & Bridgend.

    I'll let them both know about boards and let them post all information.

    Both will have very nice :DPoker & Blackjack tables & Cavan will also have roulette.

    well best of luck with it, but I'm afraid you haven't done your homework on this. There will be very little local players for a casino, very catholic area etc and I'm sure they will be very much against this. I'm betting this card club is the only fruit machines places on the border? If so your only targeting Derry players?

    I would advice you to visit the clubs in Letterkenny and Buncrana and see how little business there is for this type of operation, specially with the down turn in the business industry where most people in these areas work in.

    Hope you prove me wrong and its a supprise to me, I see about 4 decent casino's/card rooms in Dublin and they all struggle with cardsrooms and have a 1.5 million market.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy


    Culchie wrote: »
    Bridgend has the busiest (legal:))petrol station in Ireland......fact*.




    *This statement was correct in 2006 anyway.



    ....Ollie, you forgot the post office:) ..... pretty busy as well.

    If I remember there's some pretty new commercial units around there that would be ideal for premises and parking.

    Still a dead duck though surely, unless they close all the surround places.

    that petrol station also sells the most lottery tickets and also as the most jackpot winners, it actually put Bridgend on the map as a area...lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits


    Hi thanks for Info, its just that I found advert for dealers www.gamingfloor.com asking for staff in Cavan, sent email but got no reply and can not find them listed in anywhere. Bridgend would be ideal for me as I have family close by, but think it was just a rumour


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual


    the_pits wrote: »
    Hi thanks for Info, its just that I found advert for dealers www.gamingfloor.com asking for staff in Cavan, sent email but got no reply and can not find them listed in anywhere. Bridgend would be ideal for me as I have family close by, but think it was just a rumour

    Obviously not:
    mcaul wrote:
    I can confirm that private members card clubs (we can't call them casinos yet!) will be opening in Cavan & Bridgend.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia


    mcaul wrote: »
    I can confirm that private members card clubs (we can't call them casinos yet!) will be opening in Cavan

    A casino in Cavan!! I presume 1c roulette and 10c blackjack will be on offer. I hope the staff won't be relying on tips.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper


    latenia wrote: »
    A casino in Cavan!! I presume 1c roulette and 10c blackjack will be on offer. I hope the staff won't be relying on tips.

    oi watch it!! :mad:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭busbybhoy


    What has a post count got to do with it?? From the outside (real world) looking in i would imagine most people would think the more posts you have the sadder your life actually is and would rank you well up there in the GEEK count. I wont be back to see replies guys so hold back on the geek outbursts lmao
    Whats the cynical attitude for?? OP was merely asking a question but as usual on here some smart ass has to post a sarcastic cynical reply.. hillarious, aren't you?? I have tried to get my regular players to post on here but most are just lurkers and it's no wonder!:mad:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 binary101


    I heard sometime ago the meadowview in cavan were thinking about turning the upstairs into a casino... </idle conjecture>


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux


    latenia wrote: »
    A casino in Cavan!! I presume 1c roulette and 10c blackjack will be on offer. I hope the staff won't be relying on tips.

    So will this new place be exclusive to the local high rollers?


Advertisement