Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed Salad Bids Farewell To Mcgruders!!

Options
  • 03-04-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

After what can only be described as a mind bending four years Mixed Salad will bid farewell to McGruders. After talk with management they have decided that our event that has grown from a once private garden party, to the much loved cuddly and very friendly monster that we all know and love so well has nothing more to offer the venue. They have decided now that they would like to try bring the bank holiday weekends in a "new direction".

As what I would consider the backbone of a venue that once remained closed on Sundays, Mixed Salad im sure will be sorely missed, I can’t say im not disappointed that this decision has been made in a time that sees the venue busier than ever it’s just a shame we won’t be around to watch it flourish and help contribute even more than we have done over the years to its now huge success. I hope we can continue our parties somewhere else but to find a venue with the same character and charm im sure will be difficult.

For the moment id like to say huge thanks to everyone that ever came along to the parties, to all the DJs and VJs to all the helpers and friends, im sure it wasnt the easiest of jobs dealing with me on some of them mornings, to the door staff over the years, lynn that looked after the door and to the staff at the venue plus not forgetting all the press, radio and media that helped promote the event. I have met as im sure we all have some amazing people over the years there and i have had some of the best days of my life at Mixed Salad. I hope when we find a new venue and begin a new chapter you will all be there to support us once again.

And so concludes, the story of the century, full of amazing feel good happy times for so many, some might even say the end of an era…

Hopefully for us the start of something new!

Advertisement