Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitener

Options
  • 30-03-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I'm looking for a teeth whitener, can anybody recommend a good one? I have tried a couple of professional places and they are a bit expensive. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

www.cheaprogaine.com/documents/23.htmlthis place is good. I ordered from them before and these strips are the best!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you go over to the Bargain Alerts forum, there's a free sample of Crest Whitening Strips in the "Freebie Alerts" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Be very carelful of teeth whitening i worked for a dentist who refused to do it as it destroys your teeth, we also had a patient whose teeth went green from a brand she bought in a chemist that was well known. So if its expensive and you really want it, id pay the price rather than having to get a set of new teeth!! If u have sensetive teeth I wouldnt do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055207961

Worked for me. Ebay was the best place to buy when I was looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

crest whitening strips... works better on some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Theres loads out there but only go for one of the following 2:

[1] Crest White Strips - Great Results with no mess. Takes a few weeks for full whiteness

[2] In-office treatment - At your dentist, a Smiles clinic etc. 2 hour session fully whitens your teeth

dont go near the kits on ebay, in boots, basically everything bar the ones i mentioned above are safe and will give great results

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I use pearl drops whitening polish regular it works for me and I smoke and drink gallons of coffee! Try it for a wk or two-it not overly expensive either! just remember you still have to brush with normal toothpaste first!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

This is no lie.

I was having treatment in Galway and a dentist suggested I use bleach with a cotton bud. She said it did exactly the same thing even though it's a little dangerous.
    I did not attempt this but it did make me wonder.

:eek:

Wouldn't put neat chlorine bleach anywhere near my mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

:DIm with u on that one!!
    I use baking soda!
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    :eek:

Wouldn't put neat chlorine bleach anywhere near my mouth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

:DIm with u on that one!!
    I use baking soda!
    Does baking soda work???

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JemimaPD

I'm looking for a teeth whitener, can anybody recommend a good one? I have tried a couple of professional places and they are a bit expensive. Thanks!

Best one i know of is the whitening kit available in Argos catalogue page 1446 item 5 for 60 euro.. A family member used it for 1 week and u cud see the difference as they had yellow stains from smoking and coffee (lots and lots of coffee) they became whiter and whiter. Theyve used it for over 1 month now and its such a difference.

Someone took a photo of me today, jesus my teeth are so white!

I must be looking at them too closely because I haven't been able to see much of a difference in the mirror.

I went with the Smiles take home kit. Minor sensitivity the day after but seems to be worth it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

Where do you get them Crest Strips - never see them in Boots?

There is a new thing from Pearl Drops out - You paint on a white veneer basically but then it comes off when you brush your teeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

After seein my hygenist recently, I was asking her what she would recommend for whitening. She said that Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean was really good. You only use it once a week as the whitening ingredient is too abrasive to use everyday...I bought it that day after my appointment and I must admit, after 3 uses (it's been 3 weeks since I saw her) my teeth are considerably whiter but not 'fake' white looking. Still got the natural cream that teeth are supposed to have anyway but not as yellow looking...it's all good and not very expensive! Under €10 if I remember correctly :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

If you go over to the Bargain Alerts forum, there's a free sample of Crest Whitening Strips in the "Freebie Alerts" thread.

hold on, stop the lights here for a second! theres a freebie thread now? WHERE???:p

chris_oc wrote: »
    hold on, stop the lights here for a second! theres a freebie thread now? WHERE???:p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191825&page=213

Thar!

post 3183 is the one with the whitening strips.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191825&page=213

Thar!

post 3183 is the one with the whitening strips.

cheers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 niceandfriendly

Hi guys Im considering looking into a business venture concerning teeth whitening and laser hair removal. A kind of laser clinic. I am doing pricings at the moment and I'm thinking of making the teeth whitening option more affordable. This is the same products and techniques that are used your dentists and performed by a qualified professional. (I can't believe a dentist told someone to use cotton wool and bleach!!!Crazy person!)

The price will come in at about 350 Euro for a in-house treatment. This should last up to 2 years with a free take home after care kit included in the price. The hair removal prices will probably be the same as in most other clinics.

I'd love to hear some some feedback!

Thanks Guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

I drink ALOT of dark coffee & could see the effect it was having on my teeth so I started using Pearl Drops Hollywood Smile whitening polish, I honestly was skeptical about but I really noticed such a difference its great, I'm still using it!

Oh & it was voted the top tooth whitening product on that show How To Look Good Naked at Christmas which is why I decided to use it btw! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mattyboy20

I got mine off www.teethwhitening.ie absolutely first class. I smoke and drink a lot of coffee may i add :) Don't bother going to the dentist they're a bloody rip off and don't give you your money back if it doesn't work.

Advertisement