Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Whitening?

Options
  • 30-12-2007 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Does anybody know generally how much it would be for me to get my teeth cleaned up and whitened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I think you might be able to get some better feedback here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=627 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

What ever you do, go to a dentist for it.

A lot of beauty salons do this treatment now. A friend thought she'd save a few quid going down this route, but ended up in agony for weeks because they spilt some of the bleach solution on her gums during the treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

from a dentist its 450.00euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Buy a pack of Crest Whitestrips (around $20), do the two week programme and you'll have super-white teeth for approximately 12 months.

I did it, my friends did it, family also and it worked for everyone.

You have to order them from the states, I think the site is www.otc.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kitt13

The Crest Whitestrips are brilliant. Highly recommended!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i used them a couple of years ago, but I was still smoking quite heavily at the time.. so I'd smoke before, during and after I took them out..

I even missed quite a few days, probably stretched the two week package into 3-4 weeks. But at the end, I wouldn't say my teeth were bright white... but they were definitely several shades better than they were before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Nice thread, i'm after ordering the strips from http://crestwhitestripsireland.com/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

around €500 euro , there is a better one for around 800 and it last longer appartnly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

m83 wrote: »
    Nice thread, i'm after ordering the strips from http://crestwhitestripsireland.com/index.php

What a rip off.
    Do not buy from here!!!!

I have mine coming from the uk, ebay seller. Much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

m83 wrote: »
    you can get two boxes (€25 each) on ebay for the price of one box on that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

d'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lilly07

I am just finishing my 10day programme of crest whitening strips and I have to say have made a huge difference on my teeth

Highly recommend them

Just starting with these today.

Ill let yis know how they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

would these be also recomemnded for those of us who are missing back teeth or are they really only for front teeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

does your PRSI cover any part of the teeth whitening or does it come under cosmetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

if u have enough PRSI contributions paid go to ur dentist and get ur teeth scraped and polished its free twice a year and then buy the crest whitestrips.thats what i did and it made a huge difference.
    edit:if u ring ur dentist give them ur pps no. and they will find out have you got enough contributions paid.here is a break down of what you need
    http://www.welfare.ie/publications/sw24.html

jonny68 wrote: »
    would these be also recomemnded for those of us who are missing back teeth or are they really only for front teeth?

They just cover your front, visable teeth.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Forky wrote: »
    Just starting with these today.

Ill let yis know how they do.

How long were you waiting on delivery from Ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

im going to buy from ebay that site is a rip off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Does the crest white strips work if one has fillings in their front teeth?

• Advertisement

yaynay wrote: »
    Does the crest white strips work if one has fillings in their front teeth?

I wouldn't imagine they'd work on any man made material tbh, they'd just whiten the area around the filling.. I could be wrong though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

xzanti wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine they'd work on any man made material tbh, they'd just whiten the area around the filling.. I could be wrong though..

No they won't work on crowns or anything like that. I get mine from the states, i think someone mentioned the website before www.otc.com, costs me about €50 for 2 boxes and you pay using google checkout and deleviery is quick!

How long were you waiting on delivery from Ebay?

About a month. Seller said it was postal reasons for the delay.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

http://tinyurl.com/32d84l
    Thats where i got mine ^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Has anyone that had braces tried these? I would really love whiter teeth but I'm afraid to try it incase it goes horribly wrong. I am also a student and can't really afford anything too expensive. Also I heard that your teeth have to be totally straight or else the whitening wont turn out perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

I got it done in SMILES in Dublin I wouldnt recommend it.
    Veneers are the thing to save for.
    Or else get them done in another country....much cheaper.

Raoul wrote: »
    Has anyone that had braces tried these? I would really love whiter teeth but I'm afraid to try it incase it goes horribly wrong. I am also a student and can't really afford anything too expensive. Also I heard that your teeth have to be totally straight or else the whitening wont turn out perfect!

I got mine today and it says on the box not to use them if you have braces so I'd wait if I were you...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

I used to have braces, when i got them off i got my teeth bleached from a dental practice for €499. They look well, but my teeth are now very sensitive and in cold weather my teeth sting :eek:

Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

I got mine today and it says on the box not to use them if you have braces so I'd wait if I were you...

Sorry I didn't make myself totally clear but I meant I use to have braces. Anyone that use to have braces try them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

yeah i used to have braces,you dont have braces now so theres no problem

Advertisement