Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com FINALLY fixes their Euro conversion rate!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Nody wrote: »
    You will never, in your life, get the XE.com exchange rate so please don't qoute that exchange rate as the actual rate you'd pay.

Yeah, but it is usally not that much of a difference. I ordered something for £140 yesterday and the xe exchange rate was €157.55 and I was actually charged €160.25 on my CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

At the end of the day, if I can buy Farcry 2 for the 360 or PS3 for 26 euros delivered and its €10 euros cheaper then any other online store well I don't really care about the exchange rate as its obvious that they are building shipping into their pricing. So just pick and choose what you buy from them and you'll be all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Seems they've improved a bit again

Games that were £39.99 used to convert to Around 55 euro
    Now they are E51.99

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, the DVD's priced at £2.99 used to convert to €4.49.

They now convert to €3.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

basquille wrote: »

Thats good to know, had been avoiding them for a while. I'd say they were losing a large amount of business to other companies with more transparent pricing and postage systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

basquille wrote: »

If they let us buy in sterling like sendit.com etc it would be a lot better.

Advertisement