Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please

Options
  • 27-03-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Right I've found out my daily calori intake is 2,210.But I need help on how to split it up betweent protein,fats and carbs. Anyone feel like helping?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's different schools of thought on this. If you're trying to lose weight and build muscle, I think it's recommended that you aim for 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats. Generally though, carbs could make up up to 60% of your diet. You should never have more than 30% fats.

Is this a general question, or do you have an aim that you want to work towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Faith wrote: »
    Is this a general question, or do you have an aim that you want to work towards?

I wouldn't mind getting in better shape

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Protein is what the body uses to build muscle, so if you're going to be working out, you'll need plenty of it. If you don't have enough, your muscles won't be able to grow properly. Carbs are a quick energy booster, but protein will keep you fuller for longer. Try to have some protein with every meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

I've started having protein at every meal but I was asking to really find out how many grams of fat/protein and carbs I should have in a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

You could try this plan from MWA/T-nation its a moderate carb plan pretty much and in this discussion article there is instructions on how to construct the grams of fat and protein etc that you need.

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/readTopic.do?id=1584514

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You can split up all sorts of different ways. The one thing I'd suggest is that if you tend towards belly fat, you keep your carbs low and unprocessed.

Advertisement