Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bubble Bobble Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I thought everyone knew that one!

I was in Kevin street college back in 1990 and there were a couple of guys there who could stay on Bubble Bobble all day on one credit each.
    They knew all the shortcuts, all the secrets.
    It was a joy to watch them play.

It was a pity though because no one else could have a go, but there was always the good Jackal and the frankly awesome Gravitar to play instead.

Wonder what sort of degrees those fella's got in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

yep, I know you can bounce on your own bubble, but when you are in a confined space, it keeps popping. Is there a special trick to doing this?
    see attached pic of stage 19.
    thanks
    JK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

IIRC you need to blow a bubble just as you start a jump and then you should be above it so you can bounce on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

That does not work in the confined space. But I can remember from years ago that there is a way of getting back out - just cannot remember how!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

JFKIRELAND wrote: »
    That does not work in the confined space. But I can remember from years ago that there is a way of getting back out - just cannot remember how!!

It doesn't work every time it is tried, but, it does work! Try blowing the bubble then immediately after it, press and hold jump. You will have a better chance that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That's the trick, in a tight space stand as far away from the wall as possible, turn to face the wall and blow and jump like nuts, get it right and you'll shoot up, but more often than not it results in lots of frustration as you only get so far up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Have the jamma board, excellent game, most definitely my favourite arcade game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

deadl0ck wrote: »
    IIRC you need to blow a bubble just as you start a jump and then you should be above it so you can bounce on it...
    This does work but its extremely hard to do with an arcade stick or joypad, much easier to do on a keyboard:confused:

Advertisement