Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brilliant Northern Ireland Army Documentary

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

eroo wrote: »
    Btw,aren't security forces there to provide security to a State and ALL of it's citizens..regardless of sex,creed,race,politics etc?
    Christ, are you that naive? Remember: the black and tans were security forces!

=-=

Also, the PIRA were [sarc] nice kind peace loving people [/sarc] as there isn't any proof of otherwise.
    Boston wrote: »
    And you agree with the methods?
    Why does stating a fact = agreeing with said fact?

If I said Hitler got thousands of people gassed, are you going to assume that I agree with it?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Pathfinder wrote: »
    As stated the PIRA could not be defeated by law and order and democratic means.

Ex members of the FRU and Det state intelligence was given to loyalists in an attempt to stop them targeting ordinary Catholics.

cough cough counter gangs my arse.... the brits will never admit it but the IRA ran rings around them for years. .. eh mate forget bout the loyalists.. how bout the british soldiers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

the_syco wrote: »
    Christ, are you that naive? Remember: the black and tans were security forces!
    I think that he was trying to point out that british "security forces" arent actually ecurity forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

the_syco wrote: »
    Why does stating a fact = agreeing with said fact?

If I said Hitler got thousands of people gassed, are you going to assume that I agree with it?:eek:

If you stated "what would you do if an inferior species was dragging down your master rage" I would conclude you supported Hitlers actions. In the same way, statement where made initially by pathfinder which appeared to support collusion.

Finally, you'll notice the question mark at the end of what you quoted. I was trying to get pathfinder to declare definitively his views. It was a question not a statement.

Advertisement