Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Regular Season Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The rain delay is just a ruse by Fox to build the drama. Choke-Rod ain't gonna get it done-wait-this isn't the playoffs so I guess he might....

Does anyone think Posada gets back into the lineup the way Molina is hitting (pity about having to watch his running in slow motion)?

Jeez Papi needs to start hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Posada is Dh'ing for the last few days... Imagine they wont rush him back to catching while Molina is doing a solid job.. Lets just Hope A-ROd doesn't do much, he launched one off Paps last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Does anyone think Posada gets back into the lineup the way Molina is hitting (pity about having to watch his running in slow motion)?

For me he should stay in. Doubt he will though. He said himself his job is to keep the plate warm for Jorge. He's been swining a hot bat since we got him really. I think hes a MUCH better thrower than posada. You rarely see posada trying to pick a runner at first, Molina's nearly caught a few already.

Lol too true bout the running. Given that he has 6 doubles already I'd have to think an actual runner could have had a couple inside the park homers with them :p

Kinda32 wrote: »
    Posada is Dh'ing for the last few days...

Sorry, yeah, meant as full time catcher.

That Gonzalez kid is pretty dynamic.

Nice day for Ellsbury.

+1 to that Gonzalez kid.. Had not heard anything about him.. i suppose he will be sent back down to minors later in the week when Jeter comes back. Good series for him though, looks unfazed by the whole rivarly thing..

• Advertisement

Was at the game last year when he got his first call up. Followed him a bit since then, solid solid glove. Wasn't supposed to be a big hitter but has looked decent at the plate this series. Pity he's got Jet in his way, just hope he doesn't get traded away

zzzzzz......jeez after staying up for last night's game, work and gym today and a few beers I'm struggling.

Whats the time limit before it gets called? Have a bad feeling it might get called.

Think the forecast is for the weather to clear so think they might wait a while, nto sure of a time limit though.. Tarp went back on about 20 minutes ago as there was more showers and some lightening.. might be another while yet.. and running out of beer at this stage!!

Just watching the indians game at the moment.. Carmona has walked 8!! in 3 and a third inns so far, inc walking 4 in the 3rd.. some shaky performances from some big indian pitchers so far this year

Edit: and he is done after 3 1/3 leaving the bases loaded.. slow start for both Indians and Tigers this year.

• Advertisement

Sox yanks game to re-start in 5 minutes barring any more delays

hope NASN rejoin it and dont stay with the puck chasers

not sure they will really.. Nasn showing hockey playoffs and Nasn 2 showing frozen four college hockey, both live..

just back on mlb tv.. paps out of the bullpen

struck A-rod out.. alright!!!!

ah p*ss off arod. Check your ego at the plate. A single ties the game. Nope he wants the homer.

Meh.

MVP me eye!

Danger lurks in the Red Sox bullpen.....

Scary seeing last night's goats warming up.

It's painful watching Papi right now.

i know they want to be cautious with Paps but seriously they shouldn't be bringing in anyone else. Hopefully a couple of insurance runs her.. oh man Ortiz looks downright bad..

• Advertisement

Paps going in for the ninth.. phew.. couldn't handle watching timlin or lopez at this hour!!

Ah well guess i kinda expected to loose behind moose.

At least we had some good AB's against paps and didnt just give it to him.

Damn manny's good! :D

split of first 2, sets up sunday nights game well!! ITS GREAT to have Paplebon as your closer, it really must be dis-heartening for the opposition, he is dominating!

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Ah well guess i kinda expected to loose behind moose.

At least we had some good AB's against paps and didnt just give it to him.

Damn manny's good! :D

yeah Cano fought off some good pitches, but it never really looked in doubt when he came in.. Surprised Moose pitched well.. surely its only a matter of time until he melts, if he doesnt have the curve going he a game he will get shelled. Fought well tonight though, game changed on Girardi's decision to pitch to Manny.. Don't think he will do that next time!!

Yeah i agree dont think it was in doubt but weak AB's has been our big problem. Every time we've been in that position so far this season its been to easy for the pitcher. Ed jackson was the worst example!!!!!!!!

Hopefully might have turned that corner. Totally agree on moose's pitching, matter of time. We need to work him back down the order somehow. At the minute he's facing good pitching at the top of opposition rotations and without offensive support he'll struggle.

Jeez the Tigers were shelled again-11-0 by the Pale Hose.

Will they even make the playoffs? I guess they are only 5.5 games back and the Indians are exactly setting the world on fire, and it's not yet May but still.....

Dear God i can't watch anymore of this! Bed time for me. Go easy on me in the morning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

B.J. Ryan back...talk about in at the deep end...a 1-run lead in the 10th!...Closed it out well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

B.J.'s back! :D I was listening on the Fan 590 and was sweating when he gave up the triple to lead off the inning but he came back well to shut them down. 4 series, 3 sweeps so far. Gonna be a hell of a season.

• Advertisement

This is more like the yankees i know and love :D 3 homers in 2 innings, perfect tonic after last night.

Oh ortiz done it!!!! Finally :p

Advertisement